Registered User Hungry4knowledg's Avatar
    Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does this look like a good routine?

I really a beginner, but I've been reading and researching as much as I can. Please tell me what you think of this. I'm going to work out the individual exercises as I go. This is just a rough plan.

TUESDAY:Legs/Neck/Triceps
    WEDNESDAY:Biceps/Back/Abs?
    THURSDAY:Rest
    FRIDAY:Chest/Forearms
    SATURDAY:Shoulders/Traps
    SUNDAY:Rest
    MONDAY:Rest

I want to be sure that I'm not overworking anything also to allow myself enough rest. Thanks for your time.
    We're only as strong as our weakest link.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Nocturna

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Need to tell us how many sets before we know if you are overworking or not!

Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hungry4knowledg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alright.

I'll post the exercises and number of sets as soon as I get it worked out. I'm starting tomorrow. What about the muscle pairings? Does that look good?

Alright, here's my routine. I did Legs, Neck, and Triceps today.

LEGS: Seated Weighted Calf Raises. 3 sets of 15 reps. with 82.6lbs.
    Lying Leg Curls. 3 sets of 5 reps. with 78.8lbs.
    Seated Leg Curls. 3 sets of 10 reps. 78.8lbs.

NECK: Neck Flexions: 3 sets of 5, 6, and 5 reps. with 25lbs.

TRICEPS: Close Grip Bench Press. 3 sets of 6, 8, and 8 reps. with 120lbs.
    Weighted Bench Dips. 3 sets fo 10 with 25lbs
    Kickbacks. 3 sets of 5, 8, and 8 reps. with 12.5lbs
    Skullcrushers. 3 sets of 8, 8, and 5 reps. with 45lbs(22.5 per DB)
    One Arm Tricep Extensions. 1 set of 8 with 12.5lbs(my arms were dead at this point)

All of this was pretty heavy for me, except the calf raises and the CG Bench press. I was using a curl bar for the calf raises, and didn't have anyone to spot me on the bench.

Anyone want to give some advice?

Any advice that you guys can give is welcome. Keep in mind that I'm going for mass and strength. If you think it would help to tweak this workout a bit to better suit those needs then I'd be really interested in what you have to say.

Talking

Cool. I guess I've got a pretty good routine then.

Max Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your doing too many sets. 13 sets for triceps is WAY too many, keep that up and you'll quickly lose strength. Do 6 sets for triceps at the most. The general rule of thumb is 8-9 sets for the bigger muscles (Legs, Chest, Back), and 4-6 sets for the smaller ones (Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders). Quality over quantity. And I think you would benefit more from a split like this:

Tue: Legs/Shoulders
    Wed: REST
    Thur: Back/Biceps/Forearms
    Fri: REST
    Sat: Chest/Triceps/Neck
    Sun & Mon: REST