eqtitan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy My scale doesn't go this high...An overweight fathers plea!

So a little about me to help out with my questions, and where to start.

Sex: Male
    Height: 5'11"
    Waist: 44
    Weight: 281Lbs +/-5lbs
    Work: IT Industry
    Goal: Lose weight, by following some guides and knowing myself. I've stopped drinking soda (6 weeks now, was a 2x 2-liter a day guy). Workout regularly with my wife, and or friend (so far 6 weeks as well). Get under 200lbs. then cut hard.

Workout before finding BodyBuilding.com:
    Monday-Friday: 25min 3.2mph brisk walk/ 5.5 Jog on treadmill, 1set 10 reps (all machines) bicep curls, tricep push down

Currently following this guide on app: bodybuilding.com/fun/matt88.htm

New diet
    0530 pre-workout: Everything bagel moderate carbs, 9-10g protein or 4 eggs scrambled spray to keep from sticking 16oz water
    0715 post-workout: Whey protein isolate (lactose free) mango/raspberry ice smoothie 20oz (listed as MRP)
    1100 Snack on 1cup carrots/red peppers/broccoli/ & Mixed seeds dried fruit 4-6oz 16-24oz water
    1300-1400 Anything with chicken aiming for 6-8oz usually 2 sandwichs with whole wheat bread 16-24oz water
    1700 1x orange or veggie straws or strawberries
    2000 1/3 protein (chicken, rarely red meat), 2/3 veggie corn\carrots\green beans\salad (garlic vinaigrette*)\potatoe\peas 16-32oz water

Looking for suggestions for losing weight efficiently with eating right and working out. I'm open to listen to what everyone has to say.

Thanks for looking.

hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000) hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000) hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000) hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000) hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000) hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000) hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000) hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000) hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000) hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000) hwa12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's going to be hard to give suggestion or analyze your diet without knowing what your daily calorie and macronutrient intake is in pretty exact terms.

For some general direction on where to start, read Emma Leigh's sticky on calculating calories and macronutrients, and base your nutrient needs on your approximate lean body mass rather than total mass. Of course, the cardio is beneficial, but it's going to be essential to get your weight training in order.

It's going to take several months to get where you want to be, but keep your head up and remember your goal. Don't box yourself into specific foods or elimination of food groups; be flexible and if 80% of your food choices are "healthy" and 20% are discretionary, as long as it fits your macros, you will get to the same goal without feeling like you're going insane.

Make sure your goals are reasonable - I would say for your weight losing 1-2lb/week is expected -- possibly more, but at least 1-2lb/week.

DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAaaMan64 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're 1" shorter and 4lbs lighter than my starting weight 5 years ago. You can do this, it ain't that hard.

Without knowing more, these are my initial red flags:
    > You're diet is over complicated.
    >> Read this, it will help you the rest of your life, regardless of diet.
    > Do you actually want to eat that often? Meal timing is a non-issue.

So it turns out, you've been lied to by a bunch of idiots. Meeting the goals you've outlined is as simple as:

> Finding foods you enjoy and eating less than your TDEE.
    > Finding a physical activity you enjoy and doing it regularly.

That's it. Just do yourself a favor, take it slow, relax, this isn't an emergency, and READ THE STICKIES. I would have killed to know what I know now 5 years ago when I started.

Good luck d00d
    SF Bay Area Crew
    Game Developer Crew
    Nut Misc Crew
    Actually Enjoys Clubbing Crew

Play MY MMORPG: Marvel Heroes. http://www.marvelheroes.com/

IG: DAaaMan64

"Stronger than yesterday, now it's nothing but my way. My loneliness ain't killing me no more. I, I'm stronger" ~ Mark Rippetoe

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And not a single calorie was mentioned ITT.