bradabing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is that muscle at the waistline called and how do I work it?

Alright...I have actually spent a great deal trying to find out the answer to this question and no one, not even those that have it, can tell me how they got it or what it is.

Many athletic guys have that extremely cut section at their waistline, where it looks like there's no fat at all and there skin dips in at the waist. Some guys even have it without really having good abs, just that cut look at the waistline that women love. What is that called?! And how do I work it? I've been pretty cut before in my life and for some reason I can't really develop that just by losing fat (so I think. Lowest bf I've gotten down to was 9%) I've heard some people say it was a muscle, so if it is in fact a muscle and there's hope, I'd love to know the workouts..

Can anyone actually explain this?

Thanks guys
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

bradabing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No one still can answer this! I'm on BB and nobody knows the answer? I'm dyin ova here!!!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

Shh, no tears ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) toppedout212's Avatar
    toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bradabing View Post
    No one still can answer this! I'm on BB and nobody knows the answer? I'm dyin ova here!!!
    It is called the V - taper more commonly as the "V-line".

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw8.htm

[QUOTE=top****ut212;696845001]It is called the V - taper more commonly as the "V-line".

No I saw that article before, that's referring to the back. I'm referring to how some guys are extremely cut at the waist, at the hips. Extremely cut at the hips. Between the upper thighs and the middle abs

kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Drop your BF%.

Shh, no tears ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) toppedout212's Avatar
    toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ah sorry I didn't read the article too well this I still think your talking about the v-line 2 indents in the hips looking like a V going down to the pubic area right? Either way like the post above says you must have a low BF%...some people lower than others.
    Last edited by toppedout212; 06-09-2011 at 11:58 AM.

jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jeffbear is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dat der Adonis belt you speak of. Wish I had it.
    ☆☆☆America Fuk Yeah ¢яєω☆☆☆

***Vibram Five Fingers Crew***

⌨Miscing While Working Crew⌨

Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've heard that area referred to as inguinals, but I think that was inaccurate. I believe it is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliopsoas I imagine that targeting it involves hip-contracting exercises that people tend to do hoping to target their abs, such as sit-ups, leg-hip raise, etc..

Really? After 15 minutes? You act like this question has been festering for a week.
    Last edited by Lackeos; 06-09-2011 at 12:36 PM.

mohd3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is a video in youtube which can make a little help on how to get to the V shape u r asking about .

just write "V-Cut RIPPED 6-Pack Abs Killer Workout "Be a 10 in 2010" " in the search box to find it out.

naterizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jeffbear View Post
    Dat der Adonis belt you speak of. Wish I had it.
    Bingo! Adonis Belt, and yeah, you look bad ass if you're rocking it.....
    www.pivotalliving.com

Life begins now.

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The iliac furrow, also known as an athlete's girdle, Apollo's Belt or an Adonis belt (wiki)

I think genetics play a big role.
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dday39 View Post
    The iliac furrow, also known as an athlete's girdle, Apollo's Belt or an Adonis belt (wiki)

I think genetics play a big role.
    Yep , genetics and really low bodyfat%
    Shredded or Death

Sweet, great responses all around thanks guys. I hate to dismiss anything as genetics. I don't believe in that. Enough hard work and commitment will hopefully get the job done.

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've had it for as long as I can remember. I used to think it was from doing improper sit ups when I was a kid.

Feet tucked under something
    Lift butt for momentum when you get tired

Who knows?
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

Registered Ruser Jalalalalalala's Avatar
    Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000) Jalalalalalala is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yup, it's the adonis belt you're talking of. Everyone can get it to show, you just need to train them a little and have low bf. I think about 12% and below, under 10 it will really show. The shape of your adonis belt, however, is purely a genetic thing. They come in all different shapes, but dont worry, if you get it to show it will always look good.
    For me it was really easy getting it to show, I have always had low bf, and all I did was weighted twisted incline crunches every other week. After a while I even stopped training it because it was sticking out too much. Now I just incorporate twisted incline crunches in my ab workout every now and then to keep them showing.

Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ethan7X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To clarify,

It is called the Illipsoas muscle.

You develop it inadvertently through a lot of rectus abdominis/ oblique exercises.

There is ONE exercise I do for the illipsoas that actually 100% targets it. It was a son of a gun to start doing though because it requires a lot of stability. Unfortunately I do not think there are many to completely isolate/target that muscle.

Put your feet on a big ball, roll your hands up all the way as if you're going to do a pushup. After you are in this hanging plank position with your feet on the ball, slowly roll the ball up with your feet all the way to your chest [ as far as you can].

Once you have rolled the ball with your feet as far up to your chest as possible, slowly use your feet to move the ball back to where it originally was.

I have no idea what this exercise is called... it is very difficult though, exerts tons of pressure on that area, and requires lots of stability. My girlfriend still falls down everytime because she loses balance.

Just tons of practice, but hey I got the nice illipsoas after 3-4 months
    Last edited by Ethan7X; 06-09-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Failure spelling

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sweet, great responses all around thanks guys. I hate to dismiss anything as genetics. I don't believe in that. Enough hard work and commitment will hopefully get the job done.
    That's great except it IS a lot about genetics when it comes to this. I think anybody can get the "adonis belt" but some have it looking ridiculous even at higher % bf whereas others need to be 10% and lower to even begin glimpsing those cuts.
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey