Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10) oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10) oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10) oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10) oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10) oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10) oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10) oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10) oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10) oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10) oowl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been eating at my calculated higher calories (maintenance, minus 200-300 for cutting) for three weeks, and have gained 3kg (2cm around my waist). I don't know how much longer to stick it out waiting for my metabolism to repair and lose the fat!

fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm so glad i found this thread! I'm 17 5'1 and 95 pounds. for the past 8-12 months I've been eating 900-1200 calories. I started becoming very tired, lethargic and unenergized. My bowel movements were very infrequent and hard to pass, etc. This past month I've been slowly upping the cals by 100-200 a week. I've only gained about 1 pound so far, and its probably just water weight, etc. I know I don't look any different but my mind plays tricks on me and its so hard to eat more sometimes! This thread is very reassuring and I can't wait to get up to my maintenance (1900 calories!) The first week or so I was constantly bloated, but it has gone down somewhat and I'm just going to push through it.

pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fitspogo View Post
    I'm so glad i found this thread! I'm 17 5'1 and 95 pounds. for the past 8-12 months I've been eating 900-1200 calories. I started becoming very tired, lethargic and unenergized. My bowel movements were very infrequent and hard to pass, etc. This past month I've been slowly upping the cals by 100-200 a week. I've only gained about 1 pound so far, and its probably just water weight, etc. I know I don't look any different but my mind plays tricks on me and its so hard to eat more sometimes! This thread is very reassuring and I can't wait to get up to my maintenance (1900 calories!) The first week or so I was constantly bloated, but it has gone down somewhat and I'm just going to push through it.
    yeyy!! congratulations!! How far away are you from your maintenance?
    www.pinkbarbells.com

pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by oowl View Post
    I've been eating at my calculated higher calories (maintenance, minus 200-300 for cutting) for three weeks, and have gained 3kg (2cm around my waist). I don't know how much longer to stick it out waiting for my metabolism to repair and lose the fat!
    three weeks is not enough time! dont give up
    www.pinkbarbells.com

fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fitspogo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by pwincessami View Post
    yeyy!! congratulations!! How far away are you from your maintenance?
    right now I'm averaging out between 1200-1400 calories a day..sometimes more, sometimes less. My maintenance is 1900 so probably another month or so before I get to that point. I want to make sure I'm going slow enough...how do you deal with days that you feel fat, bloated etc? Did your weight eventually even out? and did you notice a sufficient amount of fat gain??? Thanks for your help

right now I'm averaging out between 1200-1400 calories a day..sometimes more, sometimes less. My maintenance is 1900 so probably another month or so before I get to that point. I want to make sure I'm going slow enough...how do you deal with days that you feel fat, bloated etc? Did your weight eventually even out? and did you notice a sufficient amount of fat gain??? Thanks for your help
    I think 100-200 kcals/week is a good way to increase. My maintenance is around 1700-1800 (i think). I increased to 1500-1600 and stayed at those kcal for about 12 weeks. I eventually stopped gaining and then increased my kcal to maintenance, where I am now. I am still gaining but I know it is only temporary. What I regret is staying at 1500-1600 for such a long time. I should have increased them sooner. I dont think I have gained a lot of fat. Ive gained a total of 3kg and I think a lot of that is muscle. ive got this little list with all the things I am gaining from doing this (more energy, stronger, healthier, build muscle etc) on fat days i keep reading the list over and over again and keep reminding myself that the bloat is only temporary works 90% of the time;p
    www.pinkbarbells.com

[QUOTE=pwincessami;744298423]I think 100-200 kcals/week is a good way to increase. My maintenance is around 1700-1800 (i think). I increased to 1500-1600 and stayed at those kcal for about 12 weeks. I eventually stopped gaining and then increased my kcal to maintenance, where I am now. I am still gaining but I know it is only temporary. What I regret is staying at 1500-1600 for such a long time. I should have increased them sooner. I dont think I have gained a lot of fat. Ive gained a total of 3kg and I think a lot of that is muscle. ive got this little list with all the things I am gaining from doing this (more energy, stronger, healthier, build muscle etc) on fat days i keep reading the list over and over again and keep reminding myself that the bloat is only temporary works 90% of the time;p[/QUOTE

thanks so much! This makes me feel 10 times better about everything!

One more question! Do you ever have trouble with your body image? When I take pictures of myself or look in the mirror, all I see is wide hips, even though everyone tells me I'm super skinny, I don't have wide hips, etc. Its hard to trust them because what I see in the mirror/pictures seems so real. I know my perception is distorted, but I can't help but believe it....any tips on how to over come that? its really discouraging to look at myself and not like what I see, even if its not true

One more question! Do you ever have trouble with your body image? When I take pictures of myself or look in the mirror, all I see is wide hips, even though everyone tells me I'm super skinny, I don't have wide hips, etc. Its hard to trust them because what I see in the mirror/pictures seems so real. I know my perception is distorted, but I can't help but believe it....any tips on how to over come that? its really discouraging to look at myself and not like what I see, even if its not true
    the reason you see a distorted image is because you are listening to your ED voice and looking through her eyes. But what does your logic tell you? You are 96lbs, have a low fat %.. would a person with your stats have wide hips??? i dont think so.. keep saying that to yourself when you look in the mirror
    try searching for bodyspace profiles of girls with your stats, that might also help
    www.pinkbarbells.com

the reason you see a distorted image is because you are listening to your ED voice and looking through her eyes. But what does your logic tell you? You are 96lbs, have a low fat %.. would a person with your stats have wide hips??? i dont think so.. keep saying that to yourself when you look in the mirror
    try searching for bodyspace profiles of girls with your stats, that might also help
    thank you so much! I'm really glad I found this thread

FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Joining this thread. I started eating 1900-2000 earlier in the year then stopped counting and thought I was bulking since I was supposedly eating *extra* due to cross country training. I don't know how much I was eating during the season but recently I've been eating 1700-1800, and that's just recently. So I've been under-eating yet have gained. My weight has shot up about 12lbs in the space of 10 months (that's how long I haven't weighed.), I can't say that the gains were consistent, but Idk. Yes, if you're wondering, I did have an experience with some sort of ED, but despite that, seeing an extra 12lbs on the scale was not much of a shock for me. I currently weight train three times a week doing Starting Strength and still go for runs/do spin classes because I enjoy it, that being said, I burn 2200 on my spin days and close to 2900 on weight training days(according to my Bodymedia..). My guess is that I need to make a trip back to the macros thread. I'm not sure if I'll definitely go through with this as Summer is fast approaching but I do think that it is a good idea and that it is something I should consider doing. Either way, I'd really like to encourage all of you in this thread, what you're doing is hard; it's easy to stuff up your metabolism but difficult to repair it, but you all deserve the results, so keep going at it

Kobegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so did I stop too soon? I tried eating at maintenance for about 3 weeks but I just couldn't eat that much and I found it hard to get enough calories without going over in sodium and I was bloating terribly.
    So I cut back to a deficit of 300kcal - 1600 on days off and 1800 when I work out. It's still super hard, especially balancing macros and being careful with sodium. I have another shoot coming up and I am desperately trying not to listen to the voice in my head that says 'eat less, eat salad and you could lose a kilo or two in time for the shoot...' I'll keep to the above cals, keep training and I might add some gentle cardio in the hopes it speeds up weight loss. Who would ever think eating more would be so difficult!! arrghhh!!
    I am better than I was yesterday
    But not as good
    As I will be tomorrow

<Excuse me if my English is strange, I have been in Japan too long..>

paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000) paulett is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wish I could get my friend to read this thread. She eats less than 1000 cals a day. Doesn't believe that she is going to lose muscle or hurt herself. Fustrating.

bigfeety has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfeety has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfeety has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfeety has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfeety has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfeety has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfeety has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfeety has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks

Originally Posted by Kobegirl View Post
    so did I stop too soon? I tried eating at maintenance for about 3 weeks but I just couldn't eat that much and I found it hard to get enough calories without going over in sodium and I was bloating terribly.
    So I cut back to a deficit of 300kcal - 1600 on days off and 1800 when I work out. It's still super hard, especially balancing macros and being careful with sodium. I have another shoot coming up and I am desperately trying not to listen to the voice in my head that says 'eat less, eat salad and you could lose a kilo or two in time for the shoot...' I'll keep to the above cals, keep training and I might add some gentle cardio in the hopes it speeds up weight loss. Who would ever think eating more would be so difficult!! arrghhh!!
    Hey! Sorry you did not get a reply sooner. Is your goal to lose weight or maintain? 3 weeks is not enough time for your metabolism to adjust if you were undereating for a long time.
    www.pinkbarbells.com

Registered User fullyfunctional's Avatar
    fullyfunctional has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Girls, I just wanted to post because I'm so excited. I'm still gaining (up 1 pound to 114 this morning - that's 5 POUNDS gained since July 4 when I started NROLFW and started eating maintenance and above). I've felt so gigantic and bulky all week, but I took progress photos this morning and there's a VISIBLE difference between 8/18/11 and today. More definition, more curves in my butt (a good thing for me) - it's just a noticeable difference in a good direction. I guess I can't post photos since I don't have enough posts, but I wanted to share.

Day to day, it's really hard to put on clothes I haven't worn in a while and they are...snug in the rear and thighs (but fit fine in the waist still). LOL. But long-term...I think it's working. I had the BodPod done last week and my body fat is 18.9%...I was surprised and pretty happy it was that low. It reaffirmed what my calorie needs are also, so that was good too.

So I'm hanging in there a while longer. I told myself that I'll dedicate myself to this new plan until the end of this year. Then I can always go back to running and starving if I REALLY want to...haha!

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    bump

Hey!!! How is everyone doing??? we need to bring this thread back to life!!!!
    www.pinkbarbells.com

Registered User AshleyPierrette's Avatar
    AshleyPierrette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes please do lol!
    I am new to the thread (thanks latebloomingmom for the bump!!). I lost 96lbs by eating about 1400 calories or so for like 2 years which is pretty low for my activity level/weight. I had stopped losing like 2 months ago, I don't get my period anymore, and just have been feeling pretty horrible in general for awhile. I started a thread earlier today for advice and was pointed in this direction so I plan on upping my calories gradually. About 200-250 a week so I can try to get to maintenance around the end of the month. I think I will stay at maintenance for about 2 months or so and try for a more reasonable deficit in January. Hopefully, everyone here is doing well I know upping calories is hard cause I am kind of freaked out and scared of gaining. I am going to hide my scale for awhile
    My blog I write for fun/to share my interests :)
    ffcubed.blogspot.com

Originally Posted by AshleyPierrette View Post
    Yes please do lol!
    I am new to the thread (thanks latebloomingmom for the bump!!). I lost 96lbs by eating about 1400 calories or so for like 2 years which is pretty low for my activity level/weight. I had stopped losing like 2 months ago, I don't get my period anymore, and just have been feeling pretty horrible in general for awhile. I started a thread earlier today for advice and was pointed in this direction so I plan on upping my calories gradually. About 200-250 a week so I can try to get to maintenance around the end of the month. I think I will stay at maintenance for about 2 months or so and try for a more reasonable deficit in January. Hopefully, everyone here is doing well I know upping calories is hard cause I am kind of freaked out and scared of gaining. I am going to hide my scale for awhile
    Congratulations on the weigh loss and welcome to the group! Hiding the scale is a smart move. I like your plan! good luck
    www.pinkbarbells.com

Jordan1075 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im recovering. Probably eating around 1300-1700 calories. I play soccer everyday. I use to lift all the time but for the past month i've relaxed because of soccer. I go probably once or twice a week for 30 minutes or so. But im 5'1 and 101lbs. In august I was 96. Im afraid most of the weight is fat? i can see lack of definition in my stomach. And i think my thighs are huge, but i keep telling myself its the ed. Im glad I found this, its super encouraging.
    Just one question, what does your diet consist of?!

Originally Posted by Jordan1075 View Post
    Im recovering. Probably eating around 1300-1700 calories. I play soccer everyday. I use to lift all the time but for the past month i've relaxed because of soccer. I go probably once or twice a week for 30 minutes or so. But im 5'1 and 101lbs. In august I was 96. Im afraid most of the weight is fat? i can see lack of definition in my stomach. And i think my thighs are huge, but i keep telling myself its the ed. Im glad I found this, its super encouraging.
    Just one question, what does your diet consist of?!
    Welcome to the group My diet? I mostly eat lean meats, fruits, veggies, oats, wholemeal bread/rice/pasta, sweet potatoes, fish, greek yogurt, protein powder, egg whites, nuts, nut butters. I mostly eat whole foods but include a few 'treats' in my diet a few times/week. I dont have a specific diet I eat the foods I like and just make sure I get enough calories, protein, fat, fibre and vitamins
    www.pinkbarbells.com

sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Popping in on pwincessamy's invite.

After a year's worth of swindling calorie intake, I screwed up my metabolism pretty thoroughly, and even though I do enough exercise to burn off my 800-1000 cals, I still manage to gain a lb or two on 1100-1200.

My maintenance is supposed to be around 2000. At 17% starvation rate, I should be at 1700. Right now, like I said, I manage to maintain on 1100 to 1200.

And I'm retaining water like a goddamn camel, so my weight's ballooned from 110 three days ago to 115. Eff my life.

Anybody battle with repairing your metabolism and your hormones at the same time?

Originally Posted by sostrate View Post
    Popping in on pwincessamy's invite.

After a year's worth of swindling calorie intake, I screwed up my metabolism pretty thoroughly, and even though I do enough exercise to burn off my 800-1000 cals, I still manage to gain a lb or two on 1100-1200.

My maintenance is supposed to be around 2000. At 17% starvation rate, I should be at 1700. Right now, like I said, I manage to maintain on 1100 to 1200.

And I'm retaining water like a goddamn camel, so my weight's ballooned from 110 three days ago to 115. Eff my life.

Anybody battle with repairing your metabolism and your hormones at the same time?
    From what I know metabolism is controlled by hormones so those 2 go together.
    wow you burn off 1000 kcals??? how many hours do you work out?? If you really want to 'repair' your metabolism you will have to decrease cardio to a few times week and start lifting heavy 3-4/week. Use the sticky to calculate your calories and macros and start increasing calories. If you can handle it jump straight to maintenance, if not increase 100-200/week until you get there
    www.pinkbarbells.com

sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sostrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From what I know metabolism is controlled by hormones so those 2 go together.
    wow you burn off 1000 kcals??? how many hours do you work out?? If you really want to 'repair' your metabolism you will have to decrease cardio to a few times week and start lifting heavy 3-4/week. Use the sticky to calculate your calories and macros and start increasing calories. If you can handle it jump straight to maintenance, if not increase 100-200/week until you get there
    I honestly have no idea how much I burn through exercise, but I consume 1000 under my proper maintenance. I've calculated my calories as to be somewhere around 2000 for my proper height/weight/age/activity level.

This hormone-inflicted weight jump has me freaked out, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I don't want to be gaining another 5 lbs in three days, and if my body can't handle the 1100-1200 cal I'm eating now, I don't know if I want to keep eating at that level.

Registered User AshleyPierrette's Avatar
    AshleyPierrette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been eating maintenance calories for a little while now and I know I said I was hiding my scale but I couldn't resist. I gained weight SUPER fast I don't know how but I had gained about 6lbs and started freaking out but then this week I noticed my weight has started going back down again. Thank God cause otherwise I might have went back to eating low calories cause I was super freaked out and I felt really fat/bloated/gross. The best news though is I feel soo much better, I have was my energy, have been lifting heavier, and my period came back!! happy about that but at the same time not really lol

I know a lot of you are having the same issues as was as far as freaking out over the sudden weight gain but just try to stick with it because it will probably go right back down. I lost 3lbs of the 6lbs that I put on just in the past 3days so I know that was probably all water weight.
    My blog I write for fun/to share my interests :)
    ffcubed.blogspot.com

Originally Posted by AshleyPierrette View Post
    I have been eating maintenance calories for a little while now and I know I said I was hiding my scale but I couldn't resist. I gained weight SUPER fast I don't know how but I had gained about 6lbs and started freaking out but then this week I noticed my weight has started going back down again. Thank God cause otherwise I might have went back to eating low calories cause I was super freaked out and I felt really fat/bloated/gross. The best news though is I feel soo much better, I have was my energy, have been lifting heavier, and my period came back!! happy about that but at the same time not really lol

I know a lot of you are having the same issues as was as far as freaking out over the sudden weight gain but just try to stick with it because it will probably go right back down. I lost 3lbs of the 6lbs that I put on just in the past 3days so I know that was probably all water weight.
    Proud of you for not lowering your calories after you saw the gain! And yey on your period coming back!
    www.pinkbarbells.com

fittjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its really helpful thread!

Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The best way to kick start your metabolism each day is in the morning with a strong soild breakfast consisting of protein , carbs and fats
    Follow me on ********!
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i hadn't checked this thread since page 1, first few posts. i just read the whole thread, though. the only reason i don't stop by is b/c i have nothing good to say. i somehow did restore my metabolism, a while ago, but have no clue how. don't know what i did, how my increasing cals went, how long it took. i just don't remember, even though it hasn't been that long. i guess i didn't look at it as "restoring my metabolism" so i didn't think much of it. was just focused on weight and goals and adjusted cals accordingly and things went okay. i'm taking a bulking break (permanent? temporary? i don't know anymore) and am roughly maintaining on 2340 cals, which is more than i should need, esp given i'm not able to work out. my pt is just that you gotta make the hard choice and stick w/ it b/c it will get better. don't give up too fast. and you can always lose weight. cut. that's always an option down the line should you need it. make this your number one goal right now, overriding everything, inc the damn scale which so many of us are chained too.

pw, i think today, after reading your pm, you need to be reminded of something you said in the beginning: "But you have to weigh things. Isnt a few extra pounds (for just a short period of time) worth a good metabolism for life???" keep it up, girl. keep going.

Originally Posted by HopeSmallwonder View Post
    The best way to kick start your metabolism each day is in the morning with a strong soild breakfast consisting of protein , carbs and fats
    oy