Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iwillhit230lb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bro,

you and your gf need to suck up your pride for a couple years, save up that down payment, and then achieve baller status.

If its alot more financially sound, then why not? Just make sure you make it upto your parents when they need you the most.

makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) makimakiBB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol @ getting married then living with parents still.

man up *******.

5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As long as your girl is cool with it, do it

Girls love living with their mans parents( sarcasm )

high metabolic manlet dontthinksotim's Avatar
    dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50) dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50) dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50) dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50) dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50) dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50) dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50) dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50) dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50) dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50) dontthinksotim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    let the haters hate all they want, OP. if you want/need to move in with your parents in the meantime, why not? they're your parents. they're there for you. you're lucky.

in my opinion, what kind of parent would throw his/her kid out just because they hit a certain number of years, regardless of all the happy moments they spent together?

cliffs: the pros outweigh the cons.

Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had a friend who moved back with his parents after school to pad his bank account. It worked well. My brother and his fiance also lived with my parents before they were married to save for a downpayment on a house, but moved into the house after they were married.

Personally, I can understand moving into the parents house for a short time in order to drastically reduce your debt. However you need to cut back your discretionary spending and put that towards your debt. Luxury shopping should be minimized: clothes, restaurants, partying, etc.

Do that and you will be able to pay off your debts in 6 mo -> 1 year

SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DaveSt4r View Post
    thoroughly debunked? you drop a dumbbell on your head, lol?

the only case you can bring forth is that you and/or your partner is so self-conscious that you are forced to blow money on rent

A $150k salary is $107k after tax. $107k - $50k = $57k

$57k - $18k = $39k (rent)

$39k - food - gas - utilities - car payment - clothes - fun - etc = ?????
    $39k - ( $2k * 2 * 12 ) = -$9k

Summary
    =======
    First year: -$9k
    Second year: $59 - $9k = $50k
    Third year: $59 + 50k = $109k

That's all well and good right? Except, now when you consider what you're saving at home. $18k is just the rent. If you factor the other savings, you're looking at anywhere from $25-$30k/year.

Summary ( if $25k savings )
    =======
    First year: $14k
    Second year: $84 + 14k = $98k
    Third year: $84 + 98k = $182k

I'm giving a 3 year estimate, but we'd move out before then.

I live in Boston... it's extremely expensive out here. Also, of course we can live on our own. The question is whether its worth living with the parents to become even more financially stable. Living at home would give put us debt free with $100k down payment on a house in two years ( based on napkin math above ).

It would also give time to find the "right" house that we wouldn't mind being stuck with if the economy got even worse for even longer.

This is in comparison to $50k down payment living in an apt for two years.
    For one how would you save 25k extra by living at home even if your rent savings were in fact 18k?

second, wtf are you two buying that you each need 2k a month on top of rent?

third, you could find a place in boston for less than 1.5k

fourth, why do you have to pay off her students loans all the first year.

Pretty much you are saying you have to live all out baller or with parents. How the fuk did you ever make it through college with the way you blow money?

Why dont you just shack up with the rents until you can pay full amount on house? Why ever leave?

oh and in before this causes problems with your parents and her/probably ruins your marriage.

btw lulz at saying the guy would be blowing money on rent when you and your wife would need 4k each month on top of rent.

lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbox12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by blastbeats_stl View Post
    lol at living with parents. grow some ****in balls. move to a city that is more practical
    you are a dumb *******. if you never save and make sacrifices, you will never be rich.

by your logic, op should:

grow some balls and buy sports car
    grow some balls and take luxurious vactions
    grow some balls and buy a million dollar house

that makes sense right?
    Ron Paul 2016

SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lunchbox12 View Post
    you are a dumb *******. if you never save and make sacrifices, you will never be rich.

by your logic, op should:

grow some balls and buy sports car
    grow some balls and take luxurious vactions
    grow some balls and buy a million dollar house

that makes sense right?
    Ya I am sure that is what his logic is. You know how he said move to a more practical city, as in affordable. Clearly his logic must also mean to buy sports cars, luxurious vacations, and a million dollar house.

C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i couldnt stand living at home at 21 with a girlfriend let alone being 25 and ****ing married lol

i did move out and rented for a few years until i had enough money to put down to build my house at 25

JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IMO

Live with your parents for a year

This should allow you to pay down her debt and potentially save some for a down payment for a home

You'll also be comfortable and be able to shop for a home at your own pace + home cooked meals are always nice

If the girl doesn't mind then go for it. (srs) It makes financial sense. I would never suggest renting unless you had a job where you knew you would have to move often.
    *PUREBLOOD CREW*
    *DAD CREW*
    *SUPER STRAIGHT*
    *NATURAL DICK CREW*
    *CCW*

babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) babymonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by engj View Post
    You listed 3x as many pros, so sounds like you've made your decision. I say do it for no more than a year. Pay off a big chunk of debt, and save some for a down payment.

At least once a month drive to another city and stay in a hotel for a weekend so you can have loud angry sex without the parents hearing it.
    this

EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by engj View Post
    You listed 3x as many pros, so sounds like you've made your decision. I say do it for no more than a year. Pay off a big chunk of debt, and save some for a down payment.

At least once a month drive to another city and stay in a hotel for a weekend so you can have loud angry sex without the parents hearing it.
    This, also remember that you are getting married so to have your debts building up while you move away with your gf will be very stressful and a large burden.

DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50) DerReise will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, I see you're thinking smart and I am all for doing this type of move in an IDEAL world....but that's the problem. We don't live in such a world, and there is one Con you may regrett for a long time.

Throwing your girl into a living situation with your parents WILL destroy the relationship between the two. I don't care how well they get along now...after all, seeing each other here and there and understanding how they must be connected for life through you will provide an amicable relationship.

As soon as you throw them together on a daily basis, it will start off casual and fine until the little things start showing up. She'll talk about them them to you, they'll talk about her to each other. With time, **** will get real (even if it's over the stupidest irks). You have no idea man.

My brother did it with his wife, everything was great until problems were created out of thin air. One saw something the other was apparently oblivious too or wasnt doing on purpose...etc. Before you know it....huge fight. They move out, now the relationship is still mending...it's sad.

Bro, it may be financially responsible...but it won't be in this regard. Trust me man, trust me. And I'm not throwing an anecdote at you, you've seen people post about it in this thread and I've witnessed it everywhere.

LOL @ people talking about what others will think...you bunch of insecure *******s. That isn't even a reason unless you're beta.

DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DerReise View Post
    OP, I see you're thinking smart and I am all for doing this type of move in an IDEAL world....but that's the problem. We don't live in such a world, and there is one Con you may regrett for a long time.

Throwing your girl into a living situation with your parents WILL destroy the relationship between the two. I don't care how well they get along now...after all, seeing each other here and there and understanding how they must be connected for life through you will provide an amicable relationship.

As soon as you throw them together on a daily basis, it will start off casual and fine until the little things start showing up. She'll talk about them them to you, they'll talk about her to each other. With time, **** will get real (even if it's over the stupidest irks). You have no idea man.

My brother did it with his wife, everything was great until problems were created out of thin air. One saw something the other was apparently oblivious too or wasnt doing on purpose...etc. Before you know it....huge fight. They move out, now the relationship is still mending...it's sad.

Bro, it may be financially responsible...but it won't be in this regard. Trust me man, trust me. And I'm not throwing an anecdote at you, you've seen people post about it in this thread and I've witnessed it everywhere.

LOL @ people talking about what others will think...you bunch of insecure *******s. That isn't even a reason unless you're beta.
    Thanks, and great post. In fact this is one of the main factors I'm trying to work out in my head. With plenty of time ahead of us, my next step is to talk to my fiance more bout it, and have her also think it through.

TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheIslander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ITT: OP has already made the decision to live with parents, but needs reassurance from others because he knows how f'n gay it is.

Taking the big step to marry, but can't even bring yourself to go out and live on your own like a bunch of adults? Retards. I could understand if you couldn't afford to live on your own, but this isn't even about that.

Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000)
    I pay $1000 a month in rent. And have $15k in debt.

Car is paid though.

DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveSt4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheIslander View Post
    ITT: OP has already made the decision to live with parents, but needs reassurance from others because he knows how f'n gay it is.

Taking the big step to marry, but can't even bring yourself to go out and live on your own like a bunch of adults? Retards. I could understand if you couldn't afford to live on your own, but this isn't even about that.
    I have a long time before I need to make a decision. We aren't getting married in a month.

Just because I'm defending one option over retarded reasoning, doesn't mean I've made my decision. As a matter of fact, I'm dead even.

The point of this post is to hear everyone out, so that I may hear opinions/experience from those who have something of value to say. So far, making this thread was well worth it.