slowpoke0610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Heart rate 45 bpm

Hi folks, I broke my hand last week and can't lift weights at the moment so I thought that this would be the perfect time for a cut. At the dr.'s office and at the hospital my heart rate was around 45 bpm and my BP was 111/72. I am not by any means in great shape and I was wondering if HIIT training plus a really clean diet would be the best way to go about it. Also, when doing HIIT, what HR should I be shooting for? And how often can I do it without it losing it's effectiveness?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by slowpoke0610; 06-07-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Male or female?

Females generally have lower BP and a slower heart rate than men anyway.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSeriesFAL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My resting heart rate is about 45 or lower sitting in a chair. Probably goes lower when I sleep. I do a lot of cardio and take fish oil. I'm not worried at all.

Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nara62629 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you wanna be at max heart rate. if you're sprinting hard for say...20 secs...you should be at max anyways. rest, rinse, repeat...

Now that was quick, thanks. I'm male. I'm not at all concerned about my HR but I didn't know if that would effect anything. Is there a limit to how often it should be used? Twice, three times a day at thirty minutes for six days a week ok?

mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For several years after I got out of the Army, my resting heart rate was always in the low 50's. My doctor commented on it and tested just to be sure there was nothing wrong and just told me I was in great cardiovascular health.

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well then, wish I had your problem. Without medication, mine is around 180/95. -.-
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mdmadore View Post
    For several years after I got out of the Army, my resting heart rate was always in the low 50's. My doctor commented on it and tested just to be sure there was nothing wrong and just told me I was in great cardiovascular health.
    Mines usually in the low 40's and my doc told me the same thing. I've measured it as low as 38 though

Even went to a heart check clinic where I paid $500 to have it tested and it was in perfect condition. They hooked me up to machines, chucked me on a treadmill and measured how my heart coped with stress. Feels good mang.
    Last edited by wick; 06-07-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    My Madcow Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136450181

Yea my HR has always been low and has never been a problem. I just didn't know if HIIT would be as effective or if the low HR would cause a slow metabolism.

Any ideas on this:
    Originally Posted by slowpoke0610 View Post
    Is there a limit to how often it should be used? Twice, three times a day at thirty minutes for six days a week ok?

Guess as much as I want is fine.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

..... perfect time for a cut.....

....I was wondering if HIIT training plus a really clean diet would be the best way to go about it....

....when doing HIIT, what HR should I be shooting for? And how often can I do it without it losing it's effectiveness......
    1. Always get your priorities straight. While cutting this is all about the diet. First, second, and third.... Then you should concentrate on weight training. After that cardio... cardio burns calories. Then you can consider whether you want to do HIIT versus steady state cardio. In the grand scheme of cutting, you are splitting hairs..... just saying....

2. What HR? If you aren't maxed out... it isn't HIIT. If you can do more than 20 minutes, it isn't HIIT. The only reason it would lose effectiveness is if you aren't giving it your 100 percent effort. HIIT is painful. Painful to the point of psyching yourself up for it. If you can muster the energy to do it more than once per day, maybe you aren't pushing yourself hard enough.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roundheya is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've always been curious of that HIIT, when your adrenaline is going you can summon some serious strength and stamina reserves.

Can I have your blood pressure? Pulse I can control, but docs are always shocked when they see my blood pressure.

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    1. Always get your priorities straight. While cutting this is all about the diet. First, second, and third.... Then you should concentrate on weight training. After that cardio... cardio burns calories. Then you can consider whether you want to do HIIT versus steady state cardio. In the grand scheme of cutting, you are splitting hairs..... just saying....

2. What HR? If you aren't maxed out... it isn't HIIT. If you can do more than 20 minutes, it isn't HIIT. The only reason it would lose effectiveness is if you aren't giving it your 100 percent effort. HIIT is painful. Painful to the point of psyching yourself up for it. If you can muster the energy to do it more than once per day, maybe you aren't pushing yourself hard enough.
    Yea thanks, What gives peoPle the idea that my priorities aren't straight from me saying "a really clean diet", and how would you weight train with a broken hand? I have quite often seen HIIT recommended for 30 min sessions 3 times a week in combination with weight training. All I needed to know, was if I can't use the weights, can I replace it with HIIT. Im aware that HIIT is painful, but I have tO start somewhere.

Thanks anyway, Chris

TieDyeSmiley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TieDyeSmiley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TieDyeSmiley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TieDyeSmiley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TieDyeSmiley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TieDyeSmiley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TieDyeSmiley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TieDyeSmiley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi folks, I broke my hand last week and can't lift weights at the moment so I thought that this would be the perfect time for a cut. At the dr.'s office and at the hospital my heart rate was around 45 bpm and my BP was 111/72. I am not by any means in great shape and I was wondering if HIIT training plus a really clean diet would be the best way to go about it. Also, when doing HIIT, what HR should I be shooting for? And how often can I do it without it losing it's effectiveness?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Do you have a cast or a splint? If you have a cast more than likely you will cause swelling with much cardio workout.

I would just keep an eye on it if your going to do an intense cardio workout and your broken hand.

4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A low rhr is a good thing. Its an indication of how hard the heart has to work. 45 bpm is great.
    Jesus wasn't a pacifist

Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ugh, high BP, high RHR... got dem bad cardiovascular genetics. I'm all about cardio this summer though, I'm going to MAKE myself healthy (or kill myself trying)
    = Misc Anxiety Crew =
    = Miscin From Work Crew =
    = Keto Crew =

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, "huge success!"
    It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

You aren't in starvation mode
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_mode

kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think I've gotten my HR as low as 45..and yes this GENERALLY is a good thing because it means your heart is more efficient at moving teh blud.
    /Getting fat till Big 3 = 1000