View Poll Results: Was I helpful to you on passing the NASM?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

210 92.92%
  • No

16 7.08%
Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Registered User shimmeringpearl's Avatar
    shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GriffOGriff View Post
    Just passed it!!! Still in a state of disbelief hahaha. Took me about an hour and 15 minutes to get through it, but I got it done! Wasn't mindbendingly overly difficult but If you don't have a general grasp and a good overview of the material it will be tough.
    Congrats!

GriffOGriff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shimmeringpearl View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks, SP. My body is worn out from the test anxiety though, lol.

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The NASM Upward Mobility Android version has just updated. It says it had 75 new questions and is updated for the version 4 test. cool, 2 days before my test!

had to uninstall and re-download to get all the 475 questions. Working fine now. Just in time!
    Last edited by ChessGuy; 02-23-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Greenteamama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help

Hi I am going crazy. I am a behavioral health counselor and am tired of watching my caseload just rely on medication to fix things. I have always had a passion for fitness and nutrition and finally decided to do something about it. I signed up with NASM because they are the best. I have a midterm exam with Eteach through them next week and I am so lost. I would greatly appreciate any study aids or guides anyone is willing to share. I am so determined to get this and help my caseload try alternative ways of dealing with things but I just feel soooooo overwhelmed.

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Greenteamama View Post
    Hi I am going crazy. I am a behavioral health counselor and am tired of watching my caseload just rely on medication to fix things. I have always had a passion for fitness and nutrition and finally decided to do something about it. I signed up with NASM because they are the best. I have a midterm exam with Eteach through them next week and I am so lost. I would greatly appreciate any study aids or guides anyone is willing to share. I am so determined to get this and help my caseload try alternative ways of dealing with things but I just feel soooooo overwhelmed.
    Call NASM and share your concerns with them.
    Get the NASM UM app. It's available for Iphones and Android phones.

Well, I'm ready as can be. Just sitting here reviewing some of my weaker areas. Taking the test tomorrow, Monday. Wish me luck!

ScottM816 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Passed my test this morning...Can't explain how much of a help this thread was....

shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats Scott!

Chessman: what time is your test? Can't wait to hear when you pass! You will do great.

crazyjess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take my test this Saturday...SO NERVOUS! I've been studying 4 - 5 hours per day for the past 2 months but I still feel completely unprepared. I have the NASM U app & I've taken the practice tests...I'm not sure I will ever feel prepared! Any tips?

It was a brutal test. There were so many things on it that I didn't study. The details required were almost impossible to know. If I had to study for it again, I would have done the self made flash cards..

It's mandatory to memorize every exercise, what's it for, how to do it, reps, etc.

With that said, I feel lucky I passed. I feel more relieved than happy. I actually thought I failed it.

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    congrats to both

Originally Posted by ChessGuy View Post
    It was a brutal test. There were so many things on it that I didn't study. The details required were almost impossible to know. If I had to study for it again, I would have done the self made flash cards..

It's mandatory to memorize every exercise, what's it for, how to do it, reps, etc.

With that said, I feel lucky I passed. I feel more relieved than happy. I actually thought I failed it.
    WOOHOO!! Congrats

crazyjess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not making me feel better... ;-)

Originally Posted by crazyjess View Post
    It is no joke that knowing and applying the vocabulary, exercises, acute variables, and the entire testing chapter (and corrections table) is needed. Follow the test guide in the handbook on pages 9-11 , if you know what is there then you are ready.
    Last edited by shimmeringpearl; 02-25-2013 at 08:21 PM.

I know what you mean by relieved. During my test I thought it was a toss-up whether I would pass or not. It has been a few days since I passed, but I think the really cool thing is that my interests in the NASM material hasn't passed. I feel like I passed it to keep learning, not just leave everything I learned behind. I am really still interested in learning what I still feel weak in and to progress on to be a great, solid trainer.

With all that said, congratulations! Griff.

PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I took the test for the first time and passed it yesterday... YAY! I can confirm what the OP said about the NASM app, it is awesome, so get it! I got the app for my iPhone and about 25% of the questions on the test were the exact same questions from the app. About another 10% were similar just different wording. So it's def worth the $6 ^_^ The OP was also right about the questions trying to confuse you, so I would suggest reading over each question twice just to make sure you understand what is being asked. Also focus on Learning the material, not trying to memorize it... again like the OP said lol conclusion... Great post!
    "Liars often figure, but figures never lie!... and my figure is the truth!!!... wait.... what?" 0_o PrettyKeli

Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What is a good idea of the exam rates and study material rates? I'm sure this has already been covered somewhere. forgive me

I've looked at the NASM site but is it really $600 to just take the test?? Are there other good sources to deal with then the official site for material and whatnot?

Thank you!
      |X|~DIRTY SOUTH CREW~|X|
     /*||*\ Horse Head Crew /*||*\
    ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ Random Crew ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ *RIP*

|||__,,__(ツ) __,,__|||
                         \   Y   /    
                              '  | '
                                  / \
                          _|         |_

CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieMats121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for the help here def helped me out.

PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrettyKeli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nate2003 View Post
    What is a good idea of the exam rates and study material rates? I'm sure this has already been covered somewhere. forgive me

I've looked at the NASM site but is it really $600 to just take the test?? Are there other good sources to deal with then the official site for material and whatnot?

Thank you!
    If you're not in a rush to get it, I would suggest you wait until they have a special (they do about every quarter or so, I'm pretty sure the next one will be around july 4th) I got the $1000 package for $799 at the time, so I'm sure they knocked a good amount off of the $599 exam only price.

Also I'm not sure if the $599 exam only price includes a retest so it might be worth it to go with a higher package that will give you 1 retest free just in case. If you have to retest you would rather spend $799 than $1200 just saying.
    "Liars often figure, but figures never lie!... and my figure is the truth!!!... wait.... what?" 0_o PrettyKeli

Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PrettyKeli View Post
    If you're not in a rush to get it, I would suggest you wait until they have a special (they do about every quarter or so, I'm pretty sure the next one will be around july 4th) I got the $1000 package for $799 at the time, so I'm sure they knocked a good amount off of the $599 exam only price.

Also I'm not sure if the $599 exam only price includes a retest so it might be worth it to go with a higher package that will give you 1 retest free just in case. If you have to retest you would rather spend $799 than $1200 just saying.
    Thanks for the info! Congratulations btw!
      |X|~DIRTY SOUTH CREW~|X|
     /*||*\ Horse Head Crew /*||*\
    ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ Random Crew ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ *RIP*

|||__,,__(ツ) __,,__|||
                         \   Y   /    
                              '  | '
                                  / \
                          _|         |_

Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just took the test March 1st. It's not bad at all. If you've done any of the practice tests, there were a lot of exact same questions, so they helped.
    If I could recommended anything just memorize anything with numbers...I had a question about proper stability ball size so literally I mean alllll numbers.
    GOOD LUCK.
    See what I take for energy during workouts and who sponsors the physique freak!
    My sponsor http://www.trychampionenergy.com/#!nicholas-dirasian/cxl0
    Free motivation and advice! Instagram - nick_dirasian

Published Fitness Author Bradster101190's Avatar
    Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys , i I just talked with my connection at NASM and have two new events. First because I have helped almost 100 people pass with this thread they are emailing me a list of all changes between 3rd and 4th edition and giving me a 4th edition book so I can update the thread accordingly. He said 95% of the information here is still useful but it did change slightly.

Second , they have put a program in place for me where I can earn rewards when recommendations add up . This isn't something they are doing publically so i am glad they recognize my work I am putting in answering around 3 Pms a day.

So if you read this and plan on buying any NASM product here is my contact Cody's number 602-383-1293 and just mention my name ( Brad Kelly) . You can mention my name to any representative but Cody is a nice guy and will do anything he can to lower/ adjust prices within reason. Working with him on information was a big reason why I could do this thread.

Cody at NASM : 602.383.1293
    My Name: Brad Kelly

And of course thank you everyone for keeping this thread active.
    Fitness Author at Bodybuilding.com, T-Nation, EliteFTS
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com
    Read More Of My Work At: https://www.brad-kelly.com/recent-articles/

LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Too bad I found this thread after I had already purchased!

Good job on this thread and congratulations on whatever kind of deal you've earned.
    You give something up for everything you gain

Published Fitness Author Bradster101190's Avatar
    Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LostLlama View Post
    Too bad I found this thread after I had already purchased!

Good job on this thread and congratulations on whatever kind of deal you've earned.
    Thank you , its not much but it add up with all these views
    Fitness Author at Bodybuilding.com, T-Nation, EliteFTS
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com
    Read More Of My Work At: https://www.brad-kelly.com/recent-articles/

bail8gent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post ! I took my exam tonight and passed it ! If you use the practice exams it should be pretty easy! I took the ETeach for the extra 200 dollars or so but had tons of useful info ! I am a NASM CPT!

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where are these post chapter quizzes i keep seeing everyone talk about? Also which phone app is the most useful, i bought the upward mobility one but im not sure if this is the one i keep hearing about.

globrad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I passed NASM CPT test this morning. This was my second try and if it wasn't for the Bradster I would have given up on my goal. It was challenging and I still wasn't sure if I had pass. There was much praying going on in that testing center today. I finished early, but me being the over thinker stayed to check over questions/answers until they kicked me out. Thank you everyone on this forum for your help. Thank you Bradster!

Originally Posted by crazyjess View Post
    Well, crazy.. how did it go?
    NASM-CPT

Originally Posted by globrad View Post
    I passed NASM CPT test this morning. This was my second try and if it wasn't for the Bradster I would have given up on my goal. It was challenging and I still wasn't sure if I had pass. There was much praying going on in that testing center today. I finished early, but me being the over thinker stayed to check over questions/answers until they kicked me out. Thank you everyone on this forum for your help. Thank you Bradster!
    Congratulations on passing!!! Oh, yes, and thanks Brad for starting this thread and everyone else for keeping it going!!! Peace!!! Griff.

eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000) eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000) eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000) eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000) eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000) eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000) eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000) eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000) eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000) eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000) eyeguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just got my book the other day and started studying. This thread is great. A ton of info and a lot of help from other people. Thanks

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast