View Poll Results: Was I helpful to you on passing the NASM?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

210 92.92%
  • No

16 7.08%
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Can anyone explain Length tension relationships in laymen's terms? The way the author explains it on page 87 makes no sense to me at all. Tks

Published Fitness Author Bradster101190's Avatar
    Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kage65 View Post
    Can anyone explain Length tension relationships in laymen's terms? The way the author explains it on page 87 makes no sense to me at all. Tks
    Great question!

Perhaps this video will help you understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVFq...e_gdata_player
    Fitness Author at Bodybuilding.com, T-Nation, EliteFTS
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com
    Read More Of My Work At: https://www.brad-kelly.com/recent-articles/

danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

test is on thursday

my test is this thursday im nervous as hell. but i can get 90% on the practice exam, upward mobility, and rattle off 30-40 connsecutive in another nasm prep app. wish me luck!!! im 18 and fitting this in with school and i think i have a job lined up! all the positive vibes help. if you have any tips for me last minute it would help. have read the whole thread, SOO helpful.

Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by danny5748 View Post
    my test is this thursday im nervous as hell. but i can get 90% on the practice exam, upward mobility, and rattle off 30-40 connsecutive in another nasm prep app. wish me luck!!! im 18 and fitting this in with school and i think i have a job lined up! all the positive vibes help. if you have any tips for me last minute it would help. have read the whole thread, SOO helpful.
    how long have you been studying?

Good luck brah. mirin' the fact you're taking it @ 18.

wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Forgot about this thread. I'm sure these've been asked but this is a help thread and I'd really appreciate answers to each of these specifically.

1. How big is the test on joints, muscles, and bones? This is the hardest part for me so far, I'm up to chapter 6. I'm really gonna have to break those down. There's just so many.

2. I'm up to chapter 6 now, is it realistic for me to have the book read and test taken and passed by December? I'm working behind the desk at a gym and the fitness director really wants me to aim for Early December so I can start training in house.

3. How big is the test on definitions? The notes I'm taking for each chapter seem to be loaded with definitions. I know I have to apply certain things to the questions but how much of the multiple choice is just knowing the definitions?

Registered User TooLateForRoses's Avatar
    TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000) TooLateForRoses is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wheynweed View Post
    Forgot about this thread. I'm sure these've been asked but this is a help thread and I'd really appreciate answers to each of these specifically.

1. How big is the test on joints, muscles, and bones? This is the hardest part for me so far, I'm up to chapter 6. I'm really gonna have to break those down. There's just so many.

2. I'm up to chapter 6 now, is it realistic for me to have the book read and test taken and passed by December? I'm working behind the desk at a gym and the fitness director really wants me to aim for Early December so I can start training in house.

3. How big is the test on definitions? The notes I'm taking for each chapter seem to be loaded with definitions. I know I have to apply certain things to the questions but how much of the multiple choice is just knowing the definitions?
    1. Pretty big. But it's not so much being able to pinpoint which bone is which. They are more interested in knowing that you understand the function of each bone/joint/muscle and their interconnectedness. The main focus of the anatomy as far as the test is concerned, is what you need to pay attention to when assessing imbalances in a client. They want to know about over/underactive muscles etc.

2. Completely realistic. With dedication and good study habits the test could be prepared for in a months time. You just have to know what to study and be willing to actively and consistently dedicate time to it.

3. Definitions make up a small portion of the test. The test is very much about your ability to apply the concepts from the book to real life scenarios. That being said, there are some definitional questions.

When I took it, I made about 400 note cards(which I still have). Some of them would be a word on the front with a definition on the back. Some would state a symptom on the front (i.e. squat - knees cave in) and the muscle imbalance or what needs to be stretched on the back. These note cards were hands down the best thing that I did to prepare myself.

The practice exam gives you a really good idea of what types of questions will be asked on the exam, as does the app. The questions themselves will be different, but the concepts the same.

hope that helps

danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danny5748 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Junkie2 View Post
    how long have you been studying?

Good luck brah. mirin' the fact you're taking it @ 18.
    ive been studying for about 2 months. i have AP classes (bio and anatomy) under my belt and i didnt need to study the anatomy and physiology portions. i watched the online videos. i can answer like 60 or so questions on the apps and i bought 2 extra practice tests from nasm. i can pass all 3 tests with above 90%. im still nervous as hell.

wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheynweed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TooLateForRoses View Post
    1. Pretty big. But it's not so much being able to pinpoint which bone is which. They are more interested in knowing that you understand the function of each bone/joint/muscle and their interconnectedness. The main focus of the anatomy as far as the test is concerned, is what you need to pay attention to when assessing imbalances in a client. They want to know about over/underactive muscles etc.

2. Completely realistic. With dedication and good study habits the test could be prepared for in a months time. You just have to know what to study and be willing to actively and consistently dedicate time to it.

3. Definitions make up a small portion of the test. The test is very much about your ability to apply the concepts from the book to real life scenarios. That being said, there are some definitional questions.

When I took it, I made about 400 note cards(which I still have). Some of them would be a word on the front with a definition on the back. Some would state a symptom on the front (i.e. squat - knees cave in) and the muscle imbalance or what needs to be stretched on the back. These note cards were hands down the best thing that I did to prepare myself.

The practice exam gives you a really good idea of what types of questions will be asked on the exam, as does the app. The questions themselves will be different, but the concepts the same.

hope that helps
    Thanks so much it helped alot.

ajgebhardt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

This thread did help me quite a bit. Got busy with life and forgot about my nasm until the last month or so. Even with starting school again I was able to pass the exam on my first try on the last day I could take the test.

First of all, you will be well over prepared if you really follow Bradster's guidelines. Flash cards? I didn't make any but I would say they would help.

Anyone taking the exam should download the upward mobility nasm app. The study mode teaches you stuff. I did not have the patience or attention span to read the textbook. Now, the questions aren't exactly the same, but they're pretty dang close. And by using study mode, you learn why each correct answer is correct. I could not have passed without that app.

Using the app, is not to say I didn't use the text. I used the anatomy section in the back of the book, and looked over the charts for the assessments. However, and I can't stress this enough, I DID NOT MEMORIZE THE CHARTS ONE BIT. Comprehension is the key. Learn where the major muscle groups are. If a question was about head protruding forward on a pulling assessment, I would sit at my test and act out the question, and think about what muscles would be tense and contracted and which ones would be elongated. You will work yourself up into a rage if you try to memorize the text and charts.

The posts on page 12 of this thread about what was on the 4th edition test was helpful as well. I spent a couple hours the morning before the test looking up specific things such as assessments during pregnancy, CEUs, isolated functions of specific muscle groups, etc.

So really it wasn't until the last couple of weeks that I began to learn and study any nasm material. If you have taken a biology or anatomy class in high school and can recall some of that info, that's a plus. I spent probably 14-20 hours total studying for the nasm, most of that in the last week before my test and I didn't open the book from the 3rd week I had it until about day 165 of 180 to take thy test. Without this thread I would have no clue on the specifics of what to look at, or the upward mobility app, so thank you for this thread.

passed

passed it in 16 minutes. very simple. thread was so helpful. thank you all.

ajgebhardt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by danny5748 View Post
    passed it in 16 minutes. very simple. thread was so helpful. thank you all.
    16 minutes is impressive. I went through the test in about 30 minutes, went back to the 13 I marked, then went through every question one more time. Only took an hour to do all that. I knew I would pass as there was only 20 or so questions I was unsure of.
    Of course, I was still really nervous

kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100) kage65 is not very well liked. (-100)
    For those who have recently taken it, how does the Practice exam compare to the actual exam? Tougher, easier? Tks

fitxpert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For those who have recently taken it, how does the Practice exam compare to the actual exam? Tougher, easier? Tks
    I was part of creating the practice exams and can tell you that it's a hit or miss as to how parallel they run to the actual exam. This being because we were not allowed to be part of the creation of the actual exam. A panel of trainers was flown in to create it (which didn't make much sense to us) but according to the Board of Certification and Ascend Learning (NASM's parent company), this was the only way to maintain the integrity of the exam, and keep it accredited. The practice exams were also made much tougher and "psychometrically" sound, meaning we had professionals that write exam items for a living tear our questions and answers apart to make them more challenging, and a better measure of actual knowledge.

The take-away from what I just said is that if you can pass the practice exam, you WILL be able to pass the real exam. You won't see the same questions verbatim, but you will see the same concepts and content.
    DeWayne A. Smith
    http://fitness-for-everyone.com

http://pinterest.com/fitxpert1
    http://instagram.com/fitxpert1
    http://www.********.com/pages/Fitness-for-Everyone/573450539343166

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fitxpert View Post
    I was part of creating the practice exams and can tell you that it's a hit or miss as to how parallel they run to the actual exam. This being because we were not allowed to be part of the creation of the actual exam. A panel of trainers was flown in to create it (which didn't make much sense to us) but according to the Board of Certification and Ascend Learning (NASM's parent company), this was the only way to maintain the integrity of the exam, and keep it accredited. The practice exams were also made much tougher and "psychometrically" sound, meaning we had professionals that write exam items for a living tear our questions and answers apart to make them more challenging, and a better measure of actual knowledge.

The take-away from what I just said is that if you can pass the practice exam, you WILL be able to pass the real exam. You won't see the same questions verbatim, but you will see the same concepts and content.
    Yeah although this thread seemed really adamant about how the practice test is nothing like the actual exam i found them to be incredibly similar.
    As well on the actual exam i don't believe a single question on there was a supposed "Study question" or what others have referred to as question thrown in that were not a part of the material.

Not saying the test is easy or anything, nor am i saying that this thread is not pushing in the right direction (As it is, since comprehension>memorization) I just feel that contrary to what others have said, the practice exam was very similar to the actual thing.

Originally Posted by Charlie581 View Post
    Yeah although this thread seemed really adamant about how the practice test is nothing like the actual exam i found them to be incredibly similar.
    As well on the actual exam i don't believe a single question on there was a supposed "Study question" or what others have referred to as question thrown in that were not a part of the material.

Not saying the test is easy or anything, nor am i saying that this thread is not pushing in the right direction (As it is, since comprehension>memorization) I just feel that contrary to what others have said, the practice exam was very similar to the actual thing.
    That's interesting. I imagine they have quite a few different tests that they offer. I thought the actual exam was much more difficult than the practice exam I took. I passed but I'm sure it was by the skin of my teeth. i thought the exam was really tough, mostly because of the way they word the questions.

SpiralKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for making this guide Brad, it really helped.

I used the nasm upward mobility app and e teach. I got fair grades on the e teach quizzes and was consistently getting 92%+ on the nasm upward mobility app.

What helped me personally other than everything in this thread is making up my own acronyms for the muscles. I got the idea from the acronym "I van loves lifting massive pounds to train for volume" which is the essential amino acids Isoleucine, lysine, leucine,, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine. One I came up with is "Andrew plays very good harmonica" these are the lengthened muscles for pronation distortion syndrome, anterior tibialis, posterior tibialis, vastus medialis, glutes med/max, and hip external rotators.

Now I am planning on tackling CES or FNS, can't decide which is more valuable.

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SpiralKing View Post
    Thank you for making this guide Brad, it really helped.

I used the nasm upward mobility app and e teach. I got fair grades on the e teach quizzes and was consistently getting 92%+ on the nasm upward mobility app.

What helped me personally other than everything in this thread is making up my own acronyms for the muscles. I got the idea from the acronym "I van loves lifting massive pounds to train for volume" which is the essential amino acids Isoleucine, lysine, leucine,, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine. One I came up with is "Andrew plays very good harmonica" these are the lengthened muscles for pronation distortion syndrome, anterior tibialis, posterior tibialis, vastus medialis, glutes med/max, and hip external rotators.

Now I am planning on tackling CES or FNS, can't decide which is more valuable.
    Go with CES

FNS is pretty much useless in terms of what extra abilities it entitles you to do. IMO get a good nutritional textbook and save the money, you'd learn the same (if not more). I've found quite a few online through torrent sites for free textbooks even.
    Also I'd follow highly respected nutritionists such as Lyle McDonald, James Krieger, Alan Aragon etc...

Especially Alan, and sub to his Research Review if you want the most critical and well explained looks into current nutritional scientific literature (Seriously i've learned a crazy amount from AARR, more so than i know i ever would by getting a FNS)

SpiralKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Charlie581 View Post
    Go with CES

FNS is pretty much useless in terms of what extra abilities it entitles you to do. IMO get a good nutritional textbook and save the money, you'd learn the same (if not more). I've found quite a few online through torrent sites for free textbooks even.
    Also I'd follow highly respected nutritionists such as Lyle McDonald, James Krieger, Alan Aragon etc...

Especially Alan, and sub to his Research Review if you want the most critical and well explained looks into current nutritional scientific literature (Seriously i've learned a crazy amount from AARR, more so than i know i ever would by getting a FNS)
    Thanks, I'll definitely look them up.

Originally Posted by SpiralKing View Post
    Thanks, I'll definitely look them up.
    I actually found the CES textbook online (Someone uploaded it and set it open to public download), heres the link if you want it to see how it looks. (you can download as well)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/166005962/...ise-Essentials

You have to make an account with the website but it only took like 5 mins and no real info was required.

Also i've been reading a bit of this textbook "Understanding Nutrition" - so far VERY well laid out and easy to understand, but still plenty of in-depth coverage (It's a torrent though just FYI so you'd have to download a torrent software to get it, i use Vuze and it works fine)
    http://kickass.to/understanding-nutr...-t5640610.html
    Last edited by Charlie581; 09-25-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm currently studying for the exam but I'd like to throw out there buying the upward mobility app on the appstore was awesome advice. It was the most expensive app i've ever bought @ 5.99 but well worth it. Like said on previous pages, it shows the type of questions they will be asking (from what i've been told). It's much better than the other study apps as well on there (have like 3)

Registered User unemployedconsumer's Avatar
    unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Passed the test today. Its really not that hard. I watched the videos on the nasm website and used the upward mobility app. Knowing how and why to answer the questions on the app and the practice test on the nasm site will get you more than prepared. I didn't read the book chapters, only flipped through them and very occasionally looked something up in it. This thread definitly made me overprepared.

tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by unemployedconsumer View Post
    Passed the test today. Its really not that hard. I watched the videos on the nasm website and used the upward mobility app. Knowing how and why to answer the questions on the app and the practice test on the nasm site will get you more than prepared. I didn't read the book chapters, only flipped through them and very occasionally looked something up in it. This thread definitly made me overprepared.
    I keep seeing everyone raving about the upward mobility app. I have a lowly Blackberry. I can't get this app, can I? I have about a month until the test and I know the app would help tremendously!

and CONGRATULATIONS on passing! I'm glad it was easy for you!

TRAINSUPREME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off I just wanna say this thread is incredible. I've been lurking around for months. I am just about 3 weeks away from taking my NASM exam and I am beyond excited. On the prac exam I average between 83 and 85%, which makes me feel confident. However, besides what has already been talked and about in this thread and my weak spots.. Is there anything else you guys could recommend that I focus on? Thanks!

230Lean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've got the upward mobility app, and the videos. You're saying that's all you need? I've been at this damn thing for a year (not dedicated studying of course) But I'm finally ready to take this seriously. What did you find the most useful in helping you study? As far as the book, what exactly did you flip through? Anyone else please feel free to answer as well.

LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 230Lean View Post
    I've got the upward mobility app, and the videos. You're saying that's all you need? I've been at this damn thing for a year (not dedicated studying of course) But I'm finally ready to take this seriously. What did you find the most useful in helping you study? As far as the book, what exactly did you flip through? Anyone else please feel free to answer as well.
    I flipped through the first few chapters since I took anatomy and physiology as well as the nutrition chapter. I skipped nutrition because I took nutrition in school and also worked with two RDs in a healthy weight clinic program for pediatrics and attended various conferences on nutrition and exercise.all I had to focused on was the OPT system chapters and the assessments section
    ...believe the chapters are 6-15.
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    NASM Performance Enchancement Specialist
    NASM MMA Conditioning Speciallist

Registered User unemployedconsumer's Avatar
    unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) unemployedconsumer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I mainly took **** tons of practice tests with the upward mobility app until I knew the questions. Any areas I was unsure on why it was a specific answer I looked up. The main use of the book for me was assesments and distortion patterns. To be honest I think you could just memorize all the app questions and all the practice test questions on the nasm practice test and be able to pass the exam. A lot of the questions are identical or only slightly worded different.

Trigirl11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Thanks!

I passed yesterday!!

This tread was very helpful. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post. The app was a great find as well
    Mom of 2
    NASM CPT
    AFAA certified Group exercise instructor
    Schwinn Spin certified
    Tabata Bootcamp

230Lean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I mainly took **** tons of practice tests with the upward mobility app until I knew the questions. Any areas I was unsure on why it was a specific answer I looked up. The main use of the book for me was assesments and distortion patterns. To be honest I think you could just memorize all the app questions and all the practice test questions on the nasm practice test and be able to pass the exam. A lot of the questions are identical or only slightly worded different.
    Thinking about bunkering down for a month and just doing nothing but the app, vids, and looking over the assessments, overactive/ underactive muscles, and acute variables in the book.

I NEED THIS CERT BY NOVEMBER 4! Alot of pressure on me and I do have this deadline to meet.

Trigirl11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thinking about bunkering down for a month and just doing nothing but the app, vids, and looking over the assessments, overactive/ underactive muscles, and acute variables in the book.

I NEED THIS CERT BY NOVEMBER 4! Alot of pressure on me and I do have this deadline to meet.
    This is what I'd did. I followed the study outling - 2 hours/4 days a week while my youngest was in school. I did the app in the evenings and any time I had. My husband was sick of me

I made notecards and studied them whenever I could. Then, I took each phase of the OPT model to the gym with me and ran myself through it until I had the acute variables memorized.

A month is plenty of time!
    Mom of 2
    NASM CPT
    AFAA certified Group exercise instructor
    Schwinn Spin certified
    Tabata Bootcamp

tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tleather2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Trigirl11 View Post
    This is what I'd did. I followed the study outling - 2 hours/4 days a week while my youngest was in school. I did the app in the evenings and any time I had. My husband was sick of me

I made notecards and studied them whenever I could. Then, I took each phase of the OPT model to the gym with me and ran myself through it until I had the acute variables memorized.

A month is plenty of time!
    I was hoping to have a full month to study but life didn't work out that way...I work FT and have 2 kids at home. I have been studying off and on since May but still have not memorized the muscles and the chart on page 183. I have until 10/21 to take the test. I haven't taken the practice test yet. i called today to schedule the exam and I have to take it next thursday! I am a nervous wreck! I was hoping to have the next 2 weekends to study. I started off so well, reading each chapter, putting definitions on notecards and writing everything else in a notebook. Also watche the videos. Then life got in the way ( I also belong to 2 fire dept auxiliaries) and I would go days without even opening the book. I read and highlighted the whole book but I got nervous about halfway thru the book, thinking it was taking too long to write out notes, etc so I stopped writing notes. Now I have gone back and re-read each chapter, taking notes this time. I still haven't written notes for chapters 17, 18, 19 and 20. I think I will just go with what I have. I am hoping it is enough to pass. I study at least 2 hours each night, have been doing so for the last few weeks. I also have a personal trainer who has been relating the things we are doing to what was ont he test when he took it.

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast