View Poll Results: Was I helpful to you on passing the NASM?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

210 92.92%
  • No

16 7.08%
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Registered Physiologist Goose102's Avatar
    Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DGetsCut View Post
    I found simple flashcards really helpful, for numbers and stats facts I needed to memorize. I would make them up almost daily and keep mixing in new ones. Just a few minutes of flashcard drills, several times a day (like during workouts), puts you at a huge advantage.
    I second this.

Note cards are a must to memorize the facts. I had over 300 note cards that I still remember. Make them and Keep making them.
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    NASM-CPT
    MMA Brah

Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Goose102 View Post
    I second this.

Note cards are a must to memorize the facts. I had over 300 note cards that I still remember. Make them and Keep making them.
    Idk, I felt like the flashcards took away from time I could be spending tying concepts together. None of the vocab isn't tied to several other concepts. My strategy is always to learn the words by learning the material, if you take the word out of its context you're memorizing the meaning but not fully understanding how it applies to everything.

dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys

I've already taken the test once. Missed by 5%. Def need to be more on top of everything the next go around. This may sound like an obvious answer to some of yall who have passed, but what is the BEST form of evaluating a clients' body fat? Outside of underwater weighing? On the test I chose Waist-to-Hip Ratio.

Ah, and for those who had to take the test a second time...I'm guessing it was completely different from the first test? I'll still be studying other material regardless. For sure gonna correct questions I remember being stuck on.

A bit of advice for those who haven't taken the NASM test yet. Bradster (the original creator of the forum) was absolutely correct in saying it's better to be able to comprehend the material rather than just memorize it. That's ultimately why I failed the first time. (It didn't even cross my mind to check the BB forums regarding NASM test advice. Needless to say I have to pay $200 to take the test AGAIN.) You can memorize the practice tests all you want, but there MIGHT be only 5-10 of those questions on the actual test. Focus on the sections you're having the most trouble with, network with folks on BB who have taken the test, talk with other personal trainers, and be sure you're ready when your test date approaches. Best of luck!
    Last edited by dncnshinobi; 01-03-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dncnshinobi View Post
    Hey guys

I've already taken the test once. Missed by 5%. Def need to be more on top of everything the next go around. This may sound like an obvious answer to some of yall who have passed, but what is the BEST form of evaluating a clients' body fat? Outside of underwater weighing? On the test I chose Waist-to-Hip Ratio.
    Think about your question for a minute. Which test actually takes skin-fold measurements of a clients bodyfat?

The answer is basically in the question itself.

Good luck studying!
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    NASM-CPT
    MMA Brah

Originally Posted by Kataz View Post
    Idk, I felt like the flashcards took away from time I could be spending tying concepts together. None of the vocab isn't tied to several other concepts. My strategy is always to learn the words by learning the material, if you take the word out of its context you're memorizing the meaning but not fully understanding how it applies to everything.
    You have your idea of a flashcard completely wrong.

Yeah, they're good for memorizing things.. So why not use that to your advantage?

When it comes time to "tie the concepts together", you'll be glad you memorized the meaning of that word when it pops up on the exam. It's like pulling the trigger on a gun. As soon as you see it, you'll know the answer.

Also, what if on the exam, the "context" that you learned isn't in the question? There were quite a few definitions-type question on my exam. Made me glad that I made flashcards.
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    NASM-CPT
    MMA Brah

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Yeah, they're good for memorizing things.. So why not use that to your advantage?

When it comes time to "tie the concepts together", you'll be glad you memorized the meaning of that word when it pops up on the exam. It's like pulling the trigger on a gun. As soon as you see it, you'll know the answer.

Also, what if on the exam, the "context" that you learned isn't in the question? There were quite a few definitions-type question on my exam. Made me glad that I made flashcards.

what all did you use to study for the exam? other than flashcards lol

Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000)

Meh, I guess if that's your thing. None of the straight vocab questions on the exam were all that tough when i took it, most were common sense. Not sure how they can be "out of context" if you understand the concepts well enough. The only time a question other than what you've practiced would trip you up, is if you only memorized the 1 or 2 examples given to you and never understood WHY those are good examples.

chinupcheerup1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A hugeee thanks to you, my man! I hardly ever use my bodyspace account, but had to say that your chapter breakdowns were extremely helpful in me passing my exam earlier this morning.

To anybody looking for advice, stick to what Goose102 suggested.

Also, a big ups to the infamous Bradster, wherever he may be.

Not a problem. If you have any specific questions on what to study, or don't understand something, just ask!

Count me in on helping with this thread!

EDIT: Just made this post in another thread:

I myself, am a student of exercise science. I took (and very easily passed) the NASM-CPT4 this morning. Here's a quick outline of my experience:

I bought the package from the website that included the book (newest version--which is honestly one of the Best textbooks I've owned), the NASM eLearning Center (online videos with activities), as well as the actual exam.

The online study material helps a lot, especially if you're more of a hands-on learner. They have lots of examples of certain things within the videos. And the activities are extremely helpful (especially with learning the different muscular imbalances and compensations).

Studying Section 1.) Fundamentals of Human Movement Science (Includes Chapters 1-5 in the version 4 book):

You're best with Section 1 is to go through all 5 chapters, making note cards on ALL vocabulary. With you being a student of exercise science, this will be the easy part. I already new the chapters fairly well, but would have been in bad shape without the review.

The main things to learn from this section are:

Ch. 1- The Phases of Training of the OPT model (pg's 9-14). Know the goals/training strategies of all 5 phases (This is a big one).

Ch. 2- Basic Exercise Science- Be familiar with all the definitions/concepts, muscle fiber types, and muscles as movers.
    On my exam, I had zero questions about bones/joint types/(maybe one question about the nervous system).

Ch. 3- This is an important chapter. Know all about the Heart (Left and Right Atrium/Left and Right Ventricles). The vocab in this chapter was all over my exam. Learn/memorize it all. Know table 3.2 - Structures of the respiratory pump.

Ch. 4- Know the 3 metabolic pathways in which cells generate ATP (ATP-PC, Glycolysis, Oxidative system). Know about EPOC (the last ? on my exam was about EPOC).

Ch. 5- This is a Huge chapter. To pass this exam, you must be familiar with all of the planes of motion(sagittal, frontal, and transverse), Axes, and joint motion (fig 5.4-5.7). Know about Muscle Actions, Muscle Synergies, and Force-Couple Relationships.

Section 2.) Assessments, Training Concepts, and Program Design (Most questions will come from this section):

Ch. 6- Know this Chapter inside and out. There were literally 1-2 questions from each heading of this chapter. The posture and movement assessments are key to passing the exam. Know everything about the pushing/pulling assessments, and know (in detail) the performance assessments.

Ch. 7- First learn all definitions. Then go back and attempt to understand them more thoroughly by reading about them. Know all about muscle spindle and GTO interactions. Know the Flexibility Continuum in combination with what types of stretching to use at each of the 5 phases of the OPT model. And the biggest thing from ch. 7 is Pg. 183 (Table 7.6). Know literally every part of this table. It WILL be on the test. To make this table easier to understand, I would try learning the isolated function of each muscle (which can be found in the back of the book). You should learn these anyway, being a personal trainer and all.

Ch. 8- Again, know all definitions. Know the benefits of cardiorespiratory fitness. Know all about the warm-up, conditioning, and cool-down phases. Know the FITTE principle and Know table 8.6 - General Aerobic Activity Recommendations. The biggest part of this chapter are the stages of training (1-3), and all 3 training zones and their variables. Also, read over circuit training. It was on my exam.

Ch. 9- The biggest thing coming from this chapter were the actual core exercise (look at the pictures in this chapter). Learn which exercises are performed at which phase of the OPT model, as well as the details about "preparation" and the actual "movement" of each exercise. Also, know about the core musculature (all 3 of the systems - Local, Global, and Movement). As well as proper form and regressions/progressions of the exercises.

Ch. 10- Know the concepts of Balance training (What is the importance of balance training?). And just as wit Ch. 9, learn which balance exercises are performed at each stage of the OPT model.

Ch. 11- ^Same as above^.

Ch. 12- The definitions in this chapter are important. Learn them. Also, know which SAQ drills are performed for the different populations.

Ch. 13- This was an important chapter as well. I would literally learn everything about this chapter. I didn't have any actual questions about the General Adaptation Syndrome on my exam, but as a P.T., you should know it! Know (inside and out) all resistance training exercises at each phase, as well as proper form and regressions/progressions.

Ch. 14- Know the Acute Variables. I guarantee you won't pass this exam unless you learn and memorize all of the acute variables at each phase of training. Know the Progression continuum. *Know tables 14.7-14.9.

Ch. 15- There wasn't too much on my exam in this chapter, but there's still plenty of good info to learn. I would definitely still look over it, making note cards on the important things.

Ch. 16- I had quite a few questions about pregnant women, as well as a few regarding the training of the youth population.

Ch. 17- Nutrition was a biggie. Know all about protein/carbs/fat. Digestion and utilization was important. Everyone says to know the essential and nonessential amino acids, but they weren't on my exam. Know the recommended macro-nutrient intake levels, as well as the amount of water you should consume daily.

Ch. 18- Know all definitions and read over the chapter. There's lots of good info to learn in this chapter.

Ch. 19- Know the Stages of Change, The Initial Session, and the Importance of Effective Communication. I would read and make note cards on everything for those 3 topics. Know about the common barriers to exercise. I also remember having 1 or 2 questions about Strategies to Enhance Exercise Adherence.

Ch. 20- I only remember having one question from the info presented in this chapter. It was actually mentioned in the "How to be overprepared for the NASM" thread. It dealt with the Ten Steps to Success. I would look over those. Be sure you know it!

The exercise library in the back of the book is a great tool when trying to learn what exercises are performed at what phase.

All in all, I felt under-prepared going into the exam, but came out feeling like I over-prepared.

Just knock it out, chapter by chapter. They tend to become cumulative in a way, so it does get easier with time.

Good luck!

dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dncnshinobi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Think about your question for a minute. Which test actually takes skin-fold measurements of a clients bodyfat?

The answer is basically in the question itself.

Good luck studying!
    Wow. I definitely felt like a knuckle head on that one. Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by dncnshinobi; 01-05-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Micahlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey all! Passed my NASM CPT Last Wednesday. Another big thanks too everyone who was helpful in this post. Took me 13 weeks but i took seriously and even enjoyed it! Creating 350+ flash cards was a bit overkill i found out after taking the tests but for me writing them down was a key factor in the way I learn. Also used the NASM app with 400 questions on it. All in all the test is difficult but not if you truly read and study anything in the NASM book that may be unclear. There is a youtube NASM page that has the videos recorded of there live workshops that helped me learn the anatomy and dysfunctions better! Well worth the time to check it out! I got to the point where I could flip to any page in the book and I looked for anything that I didnt understand. Everything became eventually became well memorized as I applied to myself/friends. I was uncertain about 3-4 questions but overall had a great feeling as I took the test. Being prepared made me realize that there is no way I wasn't going to concur the test.

Originally Posted by Charlie581 View Post
    what all did you use to study for the exam? other than flashcards lol
    The book and the online study aid.

I also used some material from college classes to learn a little more about functional anatomy.
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    NASM-CPT
    MMA Brah

Registered User shimmeringpearl's Avatar
    shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any tips for memorizing the isolated functions?

Slappy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shimmeringpearl View Post
    Starting that chapter(7) next.

On a side note and an app I found helpful was "imuscle". It's not free like most I get, but thought it has been well worth it. It also looks similar to the appendix D. But you can search, view 3D motion of exercises, secondary muscles, stretches and more.

I'll have to leave a space in the link since I can't post links yet

h ttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imuscle-nova-series-ipad-edition/id430559374?mt=8

Get into the gym and do an isolation for every muscle you can. Its a lot easier to remember when you've physically done it. You should really have no questions on that part, when it says squat you want to know as many muscles and what they do as possible. You don't want to be answering two questions in one afterall

ashleyistheone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashleyistheone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashleyistheone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashleyistheone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashleyistheone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashleyistheone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashleyistheone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashleyistheone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I found this thread a few days before I took the NASM-CPT 4 and it was tremendously helpful! I passed without a problem but I'm sure if I had seen this first (before I even started reading the book) the test would have been much easier. This thread is spot on...thanks everyone!! And good luck with your exams!

weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have my ACSM certification. Man was it tough! Passed on the second try. I have the eTextbook version of the ACSM personal trainer certification books and the NASM certification book. If anybody is interested just PM me or check out the link in my signature below :-)

coolioljx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just passed NASM-cPT4 this morning in Ohio! Big shout-outs to ya all in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!! study points did help and lots of questions were actually on my test! man i could not thank you guys much, really really helped me tons! three points from my experience below:

1. lots of questions on the cardiorespir fitness training, i did not expect NASM would ask such detials on this chapter like the acute variables in each zone...u have to know this chapter inside and out man.

2. have 120 questions on the test, but do not know if there still exist the so-called 20 "research" questions, cuz i am pretty sure almost all the questions did cover some topics mentioned somewhere in the book (maybe less than 5 questions worded very weird though). Just take EACH QUESTION very seriously bro, DO NOT treat it as a research one if you do not know the answer instinctively. Do try your best bro, do not let go!

3. functional anatomy is the key! again, quite a few questions on my exam asking the isolated function of muscles, and the interaction of them or the consequences of some imbalances. At least 5 questions are related to "psoas", which is really annoying to me cuz i am totally unfamiliar to this muscle and hell no expectation it to there as that frequent! muscle questions can be very tricky!

all in all, test was pretty tough as the buddies already said, but it is not that hard to pass it with answering >70% correctly.

Published Fitness Author Bradster101190's Avatar
    Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chinupcheerup1 View Post
    A hugeee thanks to you, my man! I hardly ever use my bodyspace account, but had to say that your chapter breakdowns were extremely helpful in me passing my exam earlier this morning.

To anybody looking for advice, stick to what Goose102 suggested.

Also, a big ups to the infamous Bradster, wherever he may be.

It looks as if I have a lot of catching up to do, I have been absent for a few reasons. The first reason was I was working on my writing skills trying to get published, which worked out very well and I have been writing for both T- Nation and EliteFTS.com.

The reason as of late is that I was randomly banned for " Multiple Accounts" which lasted around a month and a half before I could get a response and unbanned.

Nevertheless I am back now and appreciate everyone's kind words. I am just happy this thread has helped so many of you and wish you all good luck in your careers. Also a huge thanks to everyone who has taken the time to help others and keep the thread going.
    Fitness Author at Bodybuilding.com, T-Nation, EliteFTS
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com
    Read More Of My Work At: https://www.brad-kelly.com/recent-articles/

Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Will be tagging this thread, I plan on taking the test in a few months, getting my CPR/AED license next week. Looking forward to reading this thread and asking questions.
    AYY LMAO

Shayna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by claing View Post
    Everyone seems to talk about this 'Page 169', but which edition of the textbook is this in? I have the Fourth Edition, and page 169 is on Static Stretching techniques. Does anyone know which page the chart is on in this edition?
    Fourth Edition, I believe they are talking about p. 183.

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for all the help on here. I've just started to study for the NASM test and expect to take it in 3 weeks. I know, short time. However, every practice test I find for the NASM has me scoring at least 70% so it looks like I have the basics down. Additionally, not working or anything right now gives me all day to prepare for the test...

My plan is to finish reading the book then go back chapter by chapter creating the flash cards and learning every chapter.
    Last edited by ChessGuy; 01-29-2013 at 01:44 AM.

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is the 'Upward Mobility' app available in any shape or form for PC users?

Edit.

Found it on Google Play. So, yes, it's available for Android.
    Last edited by ChessGuy; 01-30-2013 at 08:14 PM.

shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50) shimmeringpearl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am scheduled on the 14th of February and my confidence is gone. I did score 83% on a practice test but still having a hard time memorizing the iso functions. My worry may be causing a block of some sort. I really wish I had nailed that first.

Focused more on the iso functions and am doing better. It isn't as bad taking about 6 at a time to study. Anyone who has taken the test, when they ask about the goals of each level are they going from the flashcards, first chapter or chapter 14?

ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ftown is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I ordered the book through amazon and am just about done reading through the text book. I'd like to take a practice exam but I don't know where to take them. I used the code on the front cover of the book to take practice quiz questions. Where is everyone getting these practice exams?
    100,000,000k+

Originally Posted by Kataz View Post
    Get into the gym and do an isolation for every muscle you can. Its a lot easier to remember when you've physically done it. You should really have no questions on that part, when it says squat you want to know as many muscles and what they do as possible. You don't want to be answering two questions in one afterall
    So you passed with only 2 weeks study?

HeyHeyHeyHey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am scheduled on the 14th of February and my confidence is gone. I did score 83% on a practice test but still having a hard time memorizing the iso functions. My worry may be causing a block of some sort. I really wish I had nailed that first.
    i passed the test last week and scored an 83% on the last practice test i took, too. you will be fine! my test didn't have an overwhelming amount of questions relating to isolate functions on it. i do remember it asking about the gastrocnemius. i just took the advice at the beginning of this thread (from bradster) to heart and memorized the functions as groups and felt completely fine. good luck to you!

Hi everyone! I just created an account to post in this thread and thank all of you for the time you poured into creating this space. I passed the test last week and took all of your advice to heart. I studied the heck out of the chart on page 183 and found that very beneficial. I wanted to "pay it forward" and share some of the things I was tested on for those of you who may still be studying and are looking for parts of the book to brush up on and fully commit to memory:

- Reciprocal Inhibition
    - Autogenic Inhibition
    - Hypertensive Clients
    - Overtraining
    - Time to warm up
    - Progression of a Push Up
    - 3 Minute Step Test
    - Stabilization Endurance Training, Stabilization Balance Training
    - READ
    - Isolated function of gastrocnemius

I also had a small handful of questions from my practice test pop up on my final test. I also followed Bradster's advice for the isolated funtions and just memorized the groups he noted at the beginning of this thread and found that beneficial and adequate. I stood up and did moved the muscles as I was learning their isolated functions and that was very helpful!

BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

I'm taking my exam in a week from today. I took my first practice exam (off the on-line course) just now and scored a 89%. Fortunately I still have a week to brush up on weaker areas, but based on this how would you say I'd do on the real exam?

Originally Posted by BadgerDave View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm taking my exam in a week from today. I took my first practice exam (off the on-line course) just now and scored a 89%. Fortunately I still have a week to brush up on weaker areas, but based on this how would you say I'd do on the real exam?
    i got an 83% on my practice exam two days before i took the test and i passed. i think you're in good shape!