diegeneraal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Legs and butt workout advice for less fat and leaness

My lady wants to start working her upper legs and butt to burn fat even decrease her upper leg size, but she really is pretty afraid of going bulky or increasing muscle at all.

As I understand it.. strength training combined with cardio will burn the little fat she may have, but again she's thinking any weight lifting will lead her to increase her muscles size.

I'm interested in learning or being guided to a workout she can start with which will burn body fat, lead to increased tightness but while keeping your body slender, even trimming or compressing muscle. I realise I may be asking a lot pls bear with me.

mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hi Mellie yes I did read that

I do not have much experience, I genuinely would love some specific advice to help if I can. All that I know is a little bodybuilding advice.

She does not want to get big, she wants to get leaner, how can lifting weight NOT lead to increased mass ? Does one really have to eat to grow bigger ? I want to convince her

Thing is Miellie she's afraid that once she starts doing specific workouts she'll build her muscles and lose fat.

She's not overweight at all, nor is she fat, she has a great body, but she want's to how do you say.. she want's to keep in shape. She does not want to be a bodybuilder she want's to be a fitness lean machine if I can put it into a persona.

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by diegeneraal View Post
    Hi Mellie yes I did read that

I do not have much experience, I genuinely would love some specific advice to help if I can. All that I know is a little bodybuilding advice.

She does not want to get big, she wants to get leaner, how can lifting weight NOT lead to increased mass ? Does one really have to eat to grow bigger ? I want to convince her

Thing is Miellie she's afraid that once she starts doing specific workouts she'll build her muscles and lose fat.

She's not overweight at all, nor is she fat, she has a great body, but she want's to how do you say.. she want's to keep in shape. She does not want to be a bodybuilder she want's to be a fitness lean machine if I can put it into a persona.
    Does she want to stay exactly the same or does she want to have leaner legs/butt? Because if she wants to just stay the same (ie. no muscle growth or fat loss), she should just keep doing whatever it is she's doing now. If she wants to get leaner, the sticky does explain exactly what you're worried about. She WON'T get bulky or big. If she replaces a little fat with muscle, she'll just look leaner (or just adds muscle - "leanness" is about having lower body fat, you can do that by dropping fat, building muscle and dropping fat, or just building muscle). Read the sticky again... and then read this one: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127023861 .
    Niece: "How can you be immune to cars? Even like, a Ferrari?"

My 'From Scrawny to Oh God Please Not So Scrawny' journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=691717541

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by diegeneraal View Post

Why should she be afraid of that ???

If she wants to be "in shape" and improve her appearance she needs to improve her body composition... that means a better muscle:fat ratio... aka more muscle, less fat. She is not going to get bulky; it is very (read: VERY) hard for women to naturally gain muscle in the first place.

You haven't posted any stats, but if she eats at maintenance and gets on a sensible lifting program (I recommend the book New Rules of Lifting) her figure will gradually improve.

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have her post a picture of the body she likes to have. If she wants to look like a marathon runner, well...

Maybe lifting is not it.

If she comes up with Valerie Waugaman,

for instance... She's got her work cut out for her.
    Last edited by Euqinom; 06-06-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]

first off thank you for helping. Im really a little lost here, not so much as by the overwhelming programs out there, sites such this one, Hotnfit, stumptuous, bodyrock whatnot not too mention I will be her gym buddy too.

@goalorientgirl
    -----------------
    she's not doing anything except interval on a bke for 20 mins, and a little bit of yoga. This happens sometime if not once a week. she needs to get going at least 3 times a week.

thank you for the link you posted I will read it.

@goalorientgirl and @illiniStrive "why is she afriad?"
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    she is convinced her naturally strong upper legs will get bigger. that's it that's all.

@Euqinom
    -------------
    I will ask her for a pic of what look she's after and get back here asap. I'm sure it's something between shapely as in having a natural fitness model look and at most a slightly ripped look. I'm going for strength so I'm doing the stronglifts workout.

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ah, and in addition. All women have naturally s trong upperlegs compared to men. She is no exception to the rule.

And I do feel that she should be doing stuff she loves. Does she like swimming, dancing,.. Martial arts?
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]

I did find a interesting article on training here: Can't post a true link sorry

simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

@Euqinom
    she's pretty much into yoga, I don't think she even into weight training as much but it seems that from looking at you girls that is the way to go. Your all in good shape, and working on it consistently. Something I felt I had to start doing too.

That article covers a few things too, not anything that was not mentioned by yawl but you inspired me to keep digging, keep looking, and think rationally.

thanks

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ Also, if she's serious about this, there's no reason why she can't do some research on her own! Especially if you're lost and confused. No use for the blind to be leading the blind. Only she has a clear picture of what she's looking for and what she's willing to do/change to get it.