DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10) DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10) DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10) DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10) DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10) DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10) DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10) DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10) DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10) DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10) DioRoxMySox is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question "Ready for change" populations?

I'm looking at offering a coaching service to help people who are looking into beginning a healthy and active lifestyle but don't know where to start or just haven't really pulled the trigger yet. I'm an ex-personal trainer, got my Master's in Exercise Psychology, and want to prepare people on the mental and emotional challenges before they get in over their head.

I want to figure out who the "early adopters" will be. In other words, who are the people out there that are really desperate for change and want help?

So far, my broad categories are:

-People with a recent change in health status (e.g., disease diagnosis, injury)
    -People with a recent major life event (e.g., having a baby, moving, getting divorced or married)

A specific population that may fit the above would be:

-Moms with a child under 2 years old who want to get back into pre-baby shape
    -Women getting married in less than 3 months and want to get in shape fast

Any other ideas for groups of people that may be in need of something like this?

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have a perception of marketing to a segment of our industry that is non-existent. Your concept is good, but there is no platform from which to launch it successfully.

The smaller your market, the less successful a traditional marketing platform will be. Say, for example, you sold a special car wax that was exclusively for blue-silver metallic colored cars manufactured between 2011-2014. To reach those particular car owners, you would have to cast a very large net (e.g. ******** ad, TV, print) The few owners who responded and who fit the criteria would prove to be insufficient in relation to your marketing costs... unless you passed those costs on to them. So, unless you plan on charging $500/hr, you will end up losing money by the time you reach your niche market.
    Last edited by Ronin4help; 12-26-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DioRoxMySox View Post
    I'm looking at offering a coaching service to help people who are looking into beginning a healthy and active lifestyle but don't know where to start or just haven't really pulled the trigger yet. I'm an ex-personal trainer, got my Master's in Exercise Psychology, and want to prepare people on the mental and emotional challenges before they get in over their head.

I want to figure out who the "early adopters" will be. In other words, who are the people out there that are really desperate for change and want help?

So far, my broad categories are:

-People with a recent change in health status (e.g., disease diagnosis, injury)
    -People with a recent major life event (e.g., having a baby, moving, getting divorced or married)

A specific population that may fit the above would be:

-Moms with a child under 2 years old who want to get back into pre-baby shape
    -Women getting married in less than 3 months and want to get in shape fast

Any other ideas for groups of people that may be in need of something like this?
    Nic dude i compete in powerlifting and am planning on majoring in health studies to become a strength and conditioning coach.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Finding and training people who are ready to change is not a challenge. They're the ones who pick up the phone and call your gym, and their first question is not "what do you charge?"

If you really want to show the worth of a masters in exercise psychology, find a way of getting people who don't want to change to want to change.

I am interested to hear why you are an ex-personal trainer. Were you dissatisfied? Did you fail to get clients? The answers to these questions will tell you a lot about your future planned career.