Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up Moving from UK to Australia - Advice.

Whats up. Decided once and for all I am bored of the UK although it has been a great country to me I would like a change and believe Australia would be for me. Something about it just really appeals to me.

Main reason being I don't get along well with my parents well these days, just moved to another part of the Country and lost all my friends. I think the lifestyle and people out there are great, and you don't have a recession and from what I have heard a strong demand for some jobs.

I have finished my High school education and I currently work in my Dads business, but thinking of doing either a Personal Training or Nursing course (I hear they are screaming out for Nurses in Aussie) which would make me eligable to seek a job down under, and probably more chance in finding a job (UK has a bad recession and high redundancy).

Just a few questions for the Aussie brahs on the misc to advise me before coming over. Would be very grateful.

1. Which City? I hear great things in general about Sydney and Melbourne or the East coast in general, but hear that cost of living is greater than the West, and that the West has more job oppourtunities.

2. Becoming a resident/citizen - I have more than enough funds saved to support myself with the move and will have a qualification in either of the above mentioned to seek work. Just wondering how easy it is to become a perminant resident/citizen. I heard as long as you are working its pretty easy and there some easy test you need to pass?

3. Which jobs are in demand and would pay the best? I will have either on of the above behind me before heading out there within 6-12 months, Just wondering what just Australia is really in demand of and whether id be better doing PT or Nursing.

That's about it really, if I could get some solid advice from some Aussie miscers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by reesy92; 05-27-2011 at 01:28 AM.

sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sonimdissapoint has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    in on this
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆Calisthenics ¢яєω ☆☆☆

reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reesy92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bump

jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jacked-fibras is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't.
    X-rays can't penetrate.

Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. Personally I think the best city to live in is Sydney, but different people like different places. Sydney has a good mix of nightlife, beaches and plenty of stuff to do. You will probably end up living in Bondi like 80% of pommies that move here.

That being said, Sydney is expensive and traffic is TERRIBLE.
    Either way, definitely east coast.

2. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you need to get a 1 year working visa, then you can seek employment, then you basically need the company you are working for to sponsor you so that you can stay longer than 1 year. If you're in a job where they have a high demand for people (nurse), I couldn't see that being too hard.

3. Personally I would say go with nursing, you can't really go wrong. There are a lot of PT's out there, demand is definitely more for nurses.
    Stop looking at me Swan.

Registered sex offender tphakkhc's Avatar
    tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tphakkhc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Machvayne View Post
    1. Personally I think the best city to live in is Sydney, but different people like different places. Sydney has a good mix of nightlife, beaches and plenty of stuff to do. You will probably end up living in Bondi like 80% of pommies that move here.

2. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you need to get a 1 year working visa, then you can seek employment, then you basically need the company you are working for to sponsor you so that you can stay longer than 1 year. If you're in a job where they have a high demand for people (nurse), I couldn't see that being too hard.

3. Personally I would say go with nursing, you can't really go wrong. There are a lot of PT's out there, demand is definitely more for nurses.
    Basically this. Dont go west coast. You will be isolated from everything.

BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My advice?

Move to Canada

Just sayin
    “The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.”
    ~Mikhail Bakunin

shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) shiitkuntbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in on this

Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't come here man. Beautiful country, but the politics are awful and the increasing number of laws and restrictions really hamper the lifestyle.

Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Overfed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Maiar View Post
    Don't come here man. Beautiful country, but the politics are awful and the increasing number of laws and restrictions really hamper the lifestyle.
    yeah, Australian government sucks balls.
    Reppin Aussie Bretheren

FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrancoBranca is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Maiar View Post
    You've obviously never been to the UK... Aussies are free as a bird compared to pommies. H&S is way way overkill in the UK. Polictics aren't much better but def no worse.

OP I've done what your planning. My best advice is to get im contact with imilmigration so you can be 100% on visas etc. Its an absolute fuking ballache if you get it wrong, as I've found out the hard way...

Can't go wrong with nursing, my gfs a nurse and can get a job anywhere easy. Plus nurses are needed the world over.

Definitely East coast tho. Then its down to taste. If you want the busy city life, Sydney. If you want chilled and laid back, Byron Bay etc. Somewhere in the middle, Brisbane etc.

Only other advice- just do it, you won't regret it. Worst case scenario you balls up and go back home. Least you tried...

Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Theres a tv show on ITV called Poms in Paradise following British people moving out to Australi as well as Brits that have been living there for years.

You should give it a watch if you're serious. One of the Brits was saying how great life in Australia is because it's not just about working and living for the weekends.

Originally Posted by Machvayne View Post

Thanks Brah, yeah Sydney sounds cool, thansk for the advice. Yeah only thing about Personal Training is that it means I don't have to spend 5 years doing a nursing course and wont have the debt involved.

hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50) hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50) hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50) hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50) hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50) hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50) hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50) hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50) hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50) hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50) hcestR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Overfed View Post
    yeah, Australian government sucks balls.
    this

vote liberal.

rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rawrburritos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dexxter View Post
    Theres a tv show on ITV called Poms in Paradise following British people moving out to Australi as well as Brits that have been living there for years.

You should give it a watch if you're serious. One of the Brits was saying how great life in Australia is because it's not just about working and living for the weekends.
    this

there are so many tv shows on brits moving to australia now. sure to pick up some good advice from those things
    .::Official Stunner Crew::
    i rape back

MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MisfitActual is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    u gonna get killed by spiders OP

SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000)
    Check the Department of Immigration website for what visas are available for what qualifications or sponsored employment (some hospitals may have recruitment programs?).

Pretty sure PT isn't on there, but nursing definitely is. But you could always do PT in your spare time, or once you have your PR. Also consider mining jobs, constant labour shortages there, and they pay $100G+ for semi-skilled labour in a variety of fields.

Your aim should be work visa -> permanent residency -> citizenship.

There is also a reciprocal "gap year" (edit: "working holiday") visa that always you to come to Australia for one year(?) and work for half that time. Might be worth considering as you could get in without any qualifications and have a sample of the Australian way of life.

If it's weather you're moving for, then consider Queensland. Still gets cold in Sydney & Melbourne.
    Last edited by SonnyBIlly; 05-26-2011 at 01:41 AM.

SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000) SonnyBIlly is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nurses have their own special section of the DoI's website:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medic...ons-nurses.htm

They want you badly.

Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the grass isn't always greener OP

you'll see soon enough

Here's a link to the list of skills that can get you a work visa:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

Specifically schedule 3:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule3.pdf

How long will it take to become a qualified locksmith?

taow will become famous soon enough. (+50) taow will become famous soon enough. (+50) taow will become famous soon enough. (+50) taow will become famous soon enough. (+50) taow will become famous soon enough. (+50) taow will become famous soon enough. (+50) taow will become famous soon enough. (+50) taow will become famous soon enough. (+50) taow will become famous soon enough. (+50) taow will become famous soon enough. (+50) taow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always hear good things about Melbourne, clubs, sporting events, entertainment, shopping and food, downside is its full of AFL supporters.

All the girls I know that did Nursing had jobs lined up before graduation, I remember there was a push for people to get in to nursing a few years ago with heaps of rural incentives etc. The one guy I know that id nursing got the better job offerings. Most of them picked up easy part time work at retirement homes while studying too.
    NSW

Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Frizzel View Post
    London > Australia

Yes, I just compared a city with a country. Yes, Im Australian.

The only, and I repeat, the only good things about Oz - beaches, weather and women. It gets very boring very fast. London is where you should live out the best years of life. Sydney is where you go to settle down and raise a family.
    Been to London several times I do not see the appeal at all. In fact apart from ease of public transport everywhere I think everything in oz is better. You loose lifestyle by having close nit transport as well. I avoid public transport when possible anyway. There are a lot of young aussies who do the london thing though so whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Fittler is just really nice. (+1000) Fittler is just really nice. (+1000) Fittler is just really nice. (+1000) Fittler is just really nice. (+1000) Fittler is just really nice. (+1000) Fittler is just really nice. (+1000) Fittler is just really nice. (+1000) Fittler is just really nice. (+1000) Fittler is just really nice. (+1000) Fittler is just really nice. (+1000) Fittler is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends what your looking for OP, forget the west coast btw

Sydney- Beaches,nightlife,moderate weather, Bondi etc.

Melbourne-NIGHTLIFE, pretty cool place, sporting capital supposedly

Brisbane -Great weather, cheaper than syd.

Townsville/Cairns- Noise from Dirtbikes from morning onwards, people letting their kids run around the supermarket naked. Perfect weather alternating with humidity so bad that your clothes won't dry on the line.

mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol most people i know live for the weekends. the ones that don't are the ones who don't work

pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pillzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    IMO Sydney is probably the best city to live in. But you're going to have to find a job and get housing pretty quickly so I can't really relate.

Don't expect to get full time work as a PT. You might get the occasional job but there are way too many out there.

I know in Sydney that there is demand for nurses. Definitely consider that.

Sydney and Melbourne are fairly similar. Consider Queensland as well, (especially North Queensland) as housing is cheap and places like Townsville and Cairns are growing economically. The women and weather is good as well.

habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) habibyusuf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    goldcoast mutha****as
    brb schoolies
    brb copius amounts of puss

Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000) Dexxter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mmaoz View Post
    lol most people i know live for the weekends. the ones that don't are the ones who don't work
    I think every young person does.

Australia just looked hell of a lot more peaceful. The UK really is a miserable place lol.

mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mmaoz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Australia just looked hell of a lot more peaceful. The UK really is a miserable place lol.
    well being an aussie i can't argue with that although i've never been to the UK

ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

never really seen much of the UK ..

just watched geordie shore ..

UK looks so .. gray and dull in it .. (nohate)

Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FrancoBranca View Post
    You've obviously never been to the UK... Aussies are free as a bird compared to pommies. H&S is way way overkill in the UK. Polictics aren't much better but def no worse.

OP I've done what your planning. My best advice is to get im contact with imilmigration so you can be 100% on visas etc. Its an absolute fuking ballache if you get it wrong, as I've found out the hard way...

Can't go wrong with nursing, my gfs a nurse and can get a job anywhere easy. Plus nurses are needed the world over.

Definitely East coast tho. Then its down to taste. If you want the busy city life, Sydney. If you want chilled and laid back, Byron Bay etc. Somewhere in the middle, Brisbane etc.

Only other advice- just do it, you won't regret it. Worst case scenario you balls up and go back home. Least you tried...
    lol.... I was born in the UK - most of my family is british - and Australia is headed in the same direction.