Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

leg press????why

would i ever do this if im trying to improve squat??is there any benefits to me at all?

adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ptrmull View Post
    would i ever do this if im trying to improve squat??is there any benefits to me at all?
    They are different movements. Squat to improve squat. Although, you could do both and profit...

Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by adosh View Post
    They are different movements. Squat to improve squat. Although, you could do both and profit...
    They aren't really different movements, its just one involves your stabilizers and the other doesn't. Like you said. Squat to improve squat, and stretch to improve range of motion.
    We are the product of our influences. Originality is so hard to come by in this society.

***I Rape Back***

cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not only is it beneficial for your endurance and strength, it is also beneficial in terms of testosterone production. Exercises in the legs increase circulation to the testicles enabling the testes to produce more testosterone. More testosterone = more muscle developing capabilities. I think you can figure it out from there.

Cheers,

Colten

Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cdeyoung View Post
    Not only is it beneficial for your endurance and strength, it is also beneficial in terms of testosterone production. Exercises in the legs increase circulation to the testicles enabling the testes to produce more testosterone. More testosterone = more muscle developing capabilities. I think you can figure it out from there.

Cheers,

Colten
    ...Wut? he wasn't asking about this..... negged.
    We are the product of our influences. Originality is so hard to come by in this society.

***I Rape Back***

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cheers,

Colten
    LOL! What about curls? Don't they increase test also?

OP- Do leg press and squats because they're good for you.
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Shredded-Wolf View Post
    ...Wut? he wasn't asking about this..... negged.
    Sure he was. He was asking if it would improve squat. Yes, it would help in improving squat because it would increase strength in his legs. I didn't lie to him.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For most people the weak point in the squat will probably be their lower back, not an inability to extend the legs. Since the leg press only trains the ability to extend the legs, I don't see it as having too much value for improving your squat.

I've seen the best improvements in squats when I just focused on them, squatted 2x a week and cut accessory work down to just one posterior chain focused exercise per squat session (good mornings one day, a deadlift variant the other).
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

Originally Posted by Beachman View Post
    LOL! What about curls? Don't they increase test also?

OP- Do leg press and squats because they're good for you.
    Yes, but not to the extent that leg exercises do.

EDIT::

http://www.loseyourbellyfats.com/leg...-testosterone/

3) Train your legs equally as hard upper body. As you may already aware of the intense leg training can actually stimulate growth in your chest, back and arms. This is partly due the increase in testosterone that leg training induces.

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The ammount of testosterone released though exercises is pretty much negligible.
    https://www.instagram.com/brunobastos_93/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshN_nywHWNFH836xZ7VjtQ?view_as=subscriber

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    anything that works out your quads, hams, glutes, calves, hips, and core will always benefit your squat.(not saying the leg press works all of them out)

although i dont like using the leg press it still will.

Originally Posted by Bruno93 View Post
    The ammount of testosterone released though exercises is pretty much negligible.
    It does help, however.

Cheers

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    it is also beneficial in terms of testosterone production. Exercises in the legs increase circulation to the testicles enabling the testes to produce more testosterone. More testosterone = more muscle developing capabilities.
    Sorry to intrude, i'm interested in how long does this increased testosterone production last? Is it just a spike when you do legs, or does it last for days or longer?
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ZoranM View Post
    Sorry to intrude, i'm interested in how long does this increased testosterone production last? Is it just a spike when you do legs, or does it last for days or longer?
    It's a negligible ammount of testosterone released for about 5-10 minutes after you've done the exercise.

Not entirely sure on that one.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Bruno93 View Post
    It's a negligible ammount of testosterone released for about 5-10 minutes after you've done the exercise.
    Really? I'd like to know where you got this information.

The amount of test released from working legs is neglectable, I'm just telling OP not to beat around the bush is he wants to increase squat. If he is looking for increasing the strength at least. If he wants to increase his leg size then sure, go ahead and hit up any extra leg machine. Your arms, back, core strength and traps will all increase if you put a heavy ass weight on your back and squat it. Have you ever seen a man squat 400 pounds and look like a pussy? And I'd rather not have a blog without sources prove this point to me.

***I Rape Back***

Really? I'd like to know where you got this information.
    Seen some studies about it. Trying to dig em up right now.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Are we using some guy's blog to prove points? Please show me the amount of test produced from leg exercises and the amount produced from arm exercises. I need to know!
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Beachman View Post
    Are we using some guy's blog to prove points? Please show me the amount of test produced from leg exercises and the amount produced from arm exercises. I need to know!
    .... i hate **** like that

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not entirely sure on that one.

Cheers.
    I somehow think that that info would be crucial if leg exercises could really grow my arms..
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    They aren't really different movements, its just one involves your stabilizers and the other doesn't. Like you said. Squat to improve squat, and stretch to improve range of motion.
    plz go

I somehow think that that info would be crucial if leg exercises could really grow my arms..
    Its pretty big bull**** if we are talking about isometric exercises. Squat and deadlifts on the other hand can because you have the balance/squeeze the bar hard. Take powerlifts/strong men for example, huge as **** without doing leg presses and curls

***I Rape Back***

Originally Posted by xpin2winx View Post
    plz go
    I forget some peoples leg press machines don't look my gyms. Usually they have your body tilted like you are sitting in a seat right?

***I Rape Back***

Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I forget some peoples leg press machines don't look my gyms. Usually they have your body tilted like you are sitting in a seat right?
    Is yours a hack squat or power squat machine? Different thing
    -Voted Gary Johnson in 2012 and Doing it Again 2016-

-Philadelphia Eagles fan-

-52 Books a Year Crew-

-Team Mystic-

terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes, leg press can help you improve squats. Squatting will help you improve squats even more.

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    cuz its fun to load up a bunch of plates and just press it w/o having to worry about a loaded bar over your back tiring you out.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Sure there's some benefit to doing Leg Presses for bodybuilders interested in overall quad mass development, but as far as carryover to Barbell Squats, it's practically nil.

If your goal is to build your Squat, then Squat. A valuable accessory lift to help improve your Squat is Good Mornings.

As for the post about "testosterone increase" from leg exercises, disregard it; it's transient in nature, and isn't a consideration to anyone except the broscientists who think Squats will make your arms grow. They won't.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in my opinion (and practical experience), if you have weak glutes, leg press can help strengthen them to better perform squats.

When I was new to squats it helped me. After I got more used to doing squats, got the form down, and started making good gains, I stopped doing leg presses on a regular basis.

Form is key, but whatever you can do to strengthen the muscles involved can help squatting, if you new to the exercise or reach a plateau.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Leg pressing will let you put your back against the wall and your feet against a statue and push that statue over onto an advancing army of robot ninjas, just like Samurai Jack.