PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Lifting and cardio on the same day

I know the typical belief around here is that cardio kills gains and all that, but since losing fat is my primary goal, would it be ok?

What I was thinking was doing this intensive MMA conditioning class in the mornings 3 days a week, while doing a 4 day split in the evenings (4 days on 1 day off).

Anything bad about doing this?

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nope only thing id say to do is do cardio after weights like liss

and do the intense cardio like hiit on your off days

most of all diet is more important than cardio ..... get that in check first
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PeaceWalker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    nope only thing id say to do is do cardio after weights like liss

and do the intense cardio like hiit on your off days

most of all diet is more important than cardio ..... get that in check first
    Diet is already in check.

So your saying do my weights, then do LISS all in the same session. And on my off day from the weights (5th day) then do the MMA conditioning class?

Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000)
    No nothing bad. As long as you can keep up with it by meaning you have to power to do both go ahead.
    Cals in < cals out and bam your ready to lose fat
    1k+ 100% of the time

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PeaceWalker View Post
    Diet is already in check.

So your saying do my weights, then do LISS all in the same session. And on my off day from the weights (5th day) then do the MMA conditioning class?
    yeh but make sure weights come first ..... if you do cardio first then your energy levels wont be 100% for weights !

weights first then liss

yeh then on an off day do hiit cardio if you like more intense work
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PeaceWalker View Post
    I know the typical belief around here is that cardio kills gains and all that, but since losing fat is my primary goal, would it be ok?

What I was thinking was doing this intensive MMA conditioning class in the mornings 3 days a week, while doing a 4 day split in the evenings (4 days on 1 day off).

Anything bad about doing this?
    Cardio does not kill gains! That may be the typical belief around here but that ain't saying much.

Even doing them on seperate ends of the day is fine. Cardio or weights in the AM: reverse it in the PM.

I've done cardio just prior to lifting and had great workouts. I also have good during workout nutrition which goes a long way.

I think your breakdown above is just fine. Watch the energy levels and if you start to suffer, eat a "LITTLE" more.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    Cardio does not kill gains! That may be the typical belief around here but that ain't saying much.

Even doing them on seperate ends of the day is fine. Cardio or weights in the AM: reverse it in the PM.

I've done cardio just prior to lifting and had great workouts. I also have good during workout nutrition which goes a long way.

I think your breakdown above is just fine. Watch the energy levels and if you start to suffer, eat a "LITTLE" more.
    i don't know if people really believe cardio kills gains or if they are just lazy and want an excuse

it just creates more of a calorie deficit which you need to fill up with more food

if you have the willpower to do cardio and lifting on the same day, do it man

edit; hell, if anything cardio will make you lift even more weight due to having a superior cardiovascular system than if you didn't do cardio regularly
    You don't need a reason to help people.
    RIP Zyzz & Greg Plitt, my two biggest inspirations.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Josh81 View Post
    iedit; hell, if anything cardio will make you lift even more weight due to having a superior cardiovascular system than if you didn't do cardio regularly
    Reps. You're a rare breed that actually Gets it. Most demanding compound lifts require short bursts' of energy. It's a different energy system but having superior CV endurance creates one hell of a synergy.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000)
    From my non-professional experience, I've found that your body will become accustomed to the work you make it perform. I typically run, lift weights and do cardio Insanity on a daily basis. At first you are pretty spent, but after a while your body just kind of expects it. If I run 3-5 miles in the morning; by the time 5 pm rolls around I'm ready to lift and then the Insanity stuff is just another 45 minutes top of more work after that. You can do it!
    Philadelphia Flyers