Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile My Journey to a Fit me Inside and Out

I have never blogged but have been on here for nearly 4 years and silently followed many. My partner in life has decided to take another direction so I think now is a great time to start a journal. I need to be accountable and log my progress and draw encouragement or recommendations from others. Over the last 4 years I have learned a great deal about my body, what it needs and can do. I have always wanted to share what I have learned as I spun my wheels for the 2 decades before an amazing man entered my life. Now time to do this thing solo.

Today's weight is 178. This will be irrelevant shortly, that I have learned through my journey the last 4 years. The divorce diet is helping the dial move so I'll use it as a gauge for now. Later it will be placed deeply in the closet and a tape measure and clothes will be the gauge.

What are my goals to drop body fat, put on muscle and accomplish feats I never thought possible. First up a half marathon in nearly 40 days. I am cool with walking part but I will work on my endurance over the next 40 days.

I am lifting 5 days per week alternating body parts and doing cardio 2 times per day including biking and intervals. Who knows what else I might get into with my free time.

The other part of my journey will be learning to be alone in my journey and being happy to be me.

Thanks for listening. Follow along. I am terrible about taking pics but I will try to work on that too.

Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustasgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Day 2 weight at 176 down another pound from yesterday. Scale still moving so we will keep looking.

Yesterday did 30 minutes on the bike, 3 chest exercises at 4 sets of 1, 1 tricep machine with 4 reps of 15 and finally some twisty abs.

Last night did interval on the treadmill completed 7.5 miles in 99 minutes. No speed records but didn't leave much on the table.

Today is back, some biking and some more intervals.

Day 3 weight at 174.8 just over a pound again yesterday. Scale still moving and a little more food yesterday but lots of activity.

Lunch cardio was the bicycle for 50 minutes

Night cardio was 35 minutes on the treadmill with an incline of 7. No running last night saving legs for today's leg session at lunch.

Back workout. 3 exercises, 4 sets and 15 reps. Did some pull overs and a little bit of tricep workout. My favorite muscle is the tricep love to feel on the back of my arm.

Today is going to be another good day. One foot in front of the other.

Day 4 weight 174.4 which is down .4 pounds. I had a little more appetite yesterday and that showed on the scale this morning. Need to feed those muscles. I have worked way to hard for them to not take care of them through my emotional healing process.

Yesterday at lunch I did legs with 5 machines, 4 sets each and 15 reps. It felt good. I finished with 10 minutes on the bike just to loosen up the legs.

Last night was 99 minutes of treadmill can completed a 10k on an incline of 4. Just didn't feel like running. New shoes felt better but still need break in period.

Not sure what today will hold as Fridays are never a predictable schedule. Packed and ready to make it a good one.

Day 7 weight is 174.2 which is down .2 pounds. Weight loss has been excellent the last 2 weeks with divorce diet so won't complain at slowing. Bought smallest jeans ever on Saturday so that makes me happy. Friday was too busy to squeeze training in. Can't sweat the small stuff.

Saturday I did intervals for 11.4 miles. It took 2.5 hours but pretty excited. The longest distance yet. 4 weeks to train for the half marathon in OKC. Won't break any speed record that is okay. I did some shoulders with what I had left.

Sunday was a rest day again. I needed it after the Saturday mileage.

Feeling good inside and out. Today bike at lunch, intervals & chest tonight.

Day 8 today weight is 172.8. I had a good day with bike at lunch. I did not work in my usual routine at night last night. I can't sweat the small stuff. I had to work on my emotional baggage. I went to group session that left me feeling great. Working on the inside and out. One day at a time. Today is going to be tough to get everything in but I will.
    Another great day.

Day 10 today's weight is 169.2. It has been a busy few days. No work out yesterday. I kept calories pretty low so the scale is still moving. Back on track today. Bike cardio at lunch, back tonight and a run. Need to get moving to prepare for half marathon. I am getting much lighter so that should help with this silly sport of running.

Day 15 today's weight was 170.4. Can't fret the scale as I have started to eat a little more and hopefully fill the muscles back up. I had lost a great deal of muscle while leaning out. I had a rough weekend without much planned activity but I kept moving. It was a good break. Back on the path to prepare for the 1/2 marathon. Ran/fast walked on the trails last night with a distance of 8.5 and pace of 13:49. No land speed records but good for me. Could have went a further but darkness was setting in and my time was running short. Yesterday at lunch did a chest workout with some arms and 30 minutes on the bike. Back on track might be time to retire the scales. I had 3 people yesterday ask me for fitness advice. So rewarding to share what I have learned.

Today shoulders and bike at lunch. Not sure about how far I will run, lots of sore spots on feet and rub from shirt might need to go for treadmill and nice incline tonight.

Day 16 today's weight 169.2. Scale does not mean much at this point but good to see number below 170. Smaller and smaller clothes each day. Yesterday at lunch I got a shoulder work out in and threw in some abs just in case I ever see those. Finished lunch session with 25 minutes on bike. Last night I just did some treadmill walking on an incline. 6 miles. Ran out of time to do much else.

On tap today, a light leg workout and running the neighborhood tonight. Legs are pretty sore but need to keep moving.

Day 17 today's weight was up due to carbs last night and legs healing. All good. Need to put her away. No more scale. Did legs yesterday and added in some abs just in case they are ever exposed. Did 25 minutes on the bike to finish. Legs were pretty sore so no cardio last night. Felt bad but happens, needed a night off.

Lunch time today did back (my favorite) and triceps (second favorite). Finished with 20 minutes on the bike. Tonight will be intervals on the treadmill. Legs pretty sore but can't wait for them to scream they are ready.

Day 24 Today's weight 168.3. Scale moved again so all good. The divorce diet is back on track. I have been working hard the last week just not time to journal. Yesterday ran 13.1 miles had to split in 2 session to get it all in. Did a nice back work out and felt good. My favorite. Today will be some accessory work, 90 minutes of cardio. Tomorrow I plan on another full road course of 13.1. See where I land. Sunday I may dust off the bike if the weather permits, need to get over my fear of flat and riding alone.

On the way to a new me, just need to keep moving.

Day 30 Today's scale weight was 166.6. I was surprised to see the movement on the scale. I have not been great the last few days about my second round of cardio. My food intake has been low but good the last few days. I ran 13.1 miles on Saturday, mostly walked as I felt very heavy after doing household chores. I proved I can complete the 13.1 miles even if I have to walk. I have done chest and arms the last couple of days and gotten in my 12 miles stationary bike ride each day. Looking forward to a little time the next few days and hope to get in a few good runs before I have to power down in prep for next Sunday. Feeling great physically. Mentally still a mess but time will heal. Not sure what today will hold. Hopefully a run this afternoon.

Day 34. Today's scale weight 132.4. Friday I ran 8 miles and did Back and shoulders. It was a good day. Then Saturday I put in 12 miles. I mostly walked and the shoulders were very heavy. The weather was perfect and I enjoyed getting out. My pace was right at 15 minute miles for the entire 12 miles. Still fat burning and preserving muscle which is the goal. Today will be chest and light cardio. Legs are pretty fatigued. Yard work put extra burden on them.

Day 35 no scale this morning. Yesterday biked 12.1 miles on stationary bike. Today will throw in short run, bike and chest day. Need to get focus back. Half marathon in 5 days. Body feels good. Mind is another thing, just need to focus, one foot in front of the other.

Day 36 down .5 pounds. Yesterday did 12.1 miles on the stationary bike. 5 miles on the treadmill last night and finished with a chest workout and a little biceps. Going to have to look at tapering for Sunday. Today at lunch plan is shoulders, triceps and 25 minutes on the bike. Getting leaner each day. Mentally baby steps on recovery. Long road ahead.

Day 44 down a couple more pounds and at 159.8. I never thought I would see the 150's. What an accomplishment. I ran the half marathon in OKC last Sunday. Again something I never thought I would do. It was originally a check the box thing but I will do it again. I finish right at 3 hours, no speed record due to things outside of my control. Next time I will be much faster. I forgot my Garmin and my phone died at mile 7 which did not help. On to the next goal which I think will be a combination of biking and running. I need to focus again on lifting and growing the muscle. I have lost some in the weight loss process. I am working on loving myself and forcing myself to take selfies. Might even try progress pics this weekend because I sure don't look like the photos in my gallery. Something I have always loathed. Yesterday I did a little bike and chest workout. Today will be shoulders and bike at lunch and a run tonight.

Day 51. Up a pound. Ugh. I have had a good week despite the scale. Saturday I ran 6.7 miles and biked 14 miles. Felt good to be back on the bike. I did legs on Tuesday in the home gym. Lots of squats and lunges. It was hard on knee hoping it is just in shock after not doing legs for a period of time preping for half marathon. Yesterday did 12.2 miles on the bike at lunch, ran 6 at night and did chest. Going to start pushing max up again on bench. Got to 145 ready to do more. Time to rebuild the muscle I have lost in the lean out process. Might be time to put the scale away.

Day 52. Up a little more but not sweating it. More definition, more veins, and muscle seems to be taking shape. Putting muscle back on is a good thing. The scale is evil. Yesterday changed it up a little. Did 12 miles on bike at lunch. At night did shoulders (15 sets of 12 alternating between Arnold press and fly's). Between sets did step ups 15 each side. The did 3 arm exercises 4 sets each with steps. And 4 sets of shrugs. Could not feel arms and shoulders afterwards. All good. Felt good to change it up.

Day 56. Weight has leveled off. Hoping it starts to go the other direction. Last few days have been good. A little indulgent on desert with holiday. That will end today. Sunday did back and circuits including lots of steps and lunges. Yesterday 12 miles on bike at lunch, 7 miles on treadmill and finally chest workout. Goal is to get to 1 plate on each side on bench going up 2.5 each week. Up to 100 for 4 reps. Also signed up for sprint triathlon in September in Galveston. That will be my next mile stone. Swim: .4K Bike: 20K Run 5K. Swim will be only challenge. Could have signed up for full but thinking need to ease into it.