ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100)

Alternative to powercleans for Football training?

Is there any alternative to Powercleans for football training? I've been trying to do them, but I don't feel my form is good enough and I know of nobody who can teach me the powerclean aside from some internet videos, and I just don't think I'm getting it.

I was thinking of Pull/Chin-ups, but I can't really do them unassisted yet, though I have been working on it. That and when I get a little stronger on the squat start adding in Plyos and Drills.

Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Symplistic88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ClimbingGiraffe View Post
    Is there any alternative to Powercleans for football training? I've been trying to do them, but I don't feel my form is good enough and I know of nobody who can teach me the powerclean aside from some internet videos, and I just don't think I'm getting it.

I was thinking of Pull/Chin-ups, but I can't really do them unassisted yet, though I have been working on it. That and when I get a little stronger on the squat start adding in Plyos and Drills.
    I know for the SS program, alot of people who can't/won't do Power cleans replace it with a BBrow... It works the upper back really good too, you just don't get the full explosive power you would from power cleans..

check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgKzGzOqiVo
    Aware

ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when I dont feel like doing powercleans I just do high pulls
    main goals:

Bench 440
    Olympic Squat 600
    Powerclean and push press over 315

---------------------------------------------

Lifting, boxing, wrestling, beer and whiskey enthusiast

beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Weighted Squat jumps.
    310 Pounds down to 218 Pounds.

moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Power cleans are used for developing power in triple extension. They will also work your traps and back.

You can substitute power cleans with some plyometrics.
    I have my athletes do this:

Pogo 2x10
    Squat Jump 4x3
    Standing Max Jump 4x1

You should also try

One Leg Pogo 2x8
    Broad Jump 4x3
    2 step Max Jump 4x1
    M.S. Exercise Physiology - Powerlifter - Strength and Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer
    Current goals: Bench 400, Squat 545, Deadlift 550

PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ulfhednar View Post
    when I dont feel like doing powercleans I just do high pulls
    Yeah do high pulls. They're just a clean without the catch. I prefer them to power cleans anyway, they are much easier on your wrists
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    Oderint dum metuant

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question

Originally Posted by moose45 View Post
    Power cleans are used for developing power in triple extension. They will also work your traps and back.

You can substitute power cleans with some plyometrics.
    I have my athletes do this:

Pogo 2x10
    Squat Jump 4x3
    Standing Max Jump 4x1

You should also try

One Leg Pogo 2x8
    Broad Jump 4x3
    2 step Max Jump 4x1

u a trainer now?
    CON-CRET LOG-http:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=636607883

Football Log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130506763

Phil 4:13

Isaiah 51:12

ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100) ClimbingGiraffe is not very well liked. (-100)
    I hate making new threads and cluttering **** up when I can just post more questions here.

I currently do lots of deep Squats, Deadlift heavy, Bench, SMP, (attempt to) Power Clean, Weighted Decline Sit-ups, Assisted Pull-ups, Plate Pinches, and try to do Sprints earlier, before workouts.

I have a few questions.

1) My times have changed and now most of my workouts are in a completely empty gym at 12-2am. I recently hurt myself doing the SMP alone on SS. A fellow gym goer told me I should use the Incline press over the SMP for safety concerns. Is the Incline press the best alternative when alone, or should I do seated Dumbell presses like I used to before I did the SMP?

2) I've taken to doing five single heavy deadlifts instead of a one set of five deadlifts. My weight has continued to move up, and my hands sweat less allowing me to hold the bar better. Is it good to continue on like this?

3) Should I include weighted hypers on non-deadlift days or is just squatting heavy three days a week all I should do for lower back?

1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    trap bar jumps...defranco does them for athletes lacking form and are on a deadline

00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00_Juris is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Tire flips.
    Dumbbell or kettle bell snatches.

Jrome1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrome1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrome1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jrome1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Dumbbell/kettlebell swings are great, 1leged split sqaut jumps also help triple extension.

moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DocHollidy View Post
    u a trainer now?
    Haha sorry if I gave that impression.

However for the past 2 years I have been running the weight training program at our high school, its a small school. I also "train" a couple college hurdlers and basketball players. I am not technically certified, however I give the people I train the best information I know and keep them on the right track for their goals.
    M.S. Exercise Physiology - Powerlifter - Strength and Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer

I hate making new threads and cluttering **** up when I can just post more questions here.

I currently do lots of deep Squats, Deadlift heavy, Bench, SMP, (attempt to) Power Clean, Weighted Decline Sit-ups, Assisted Pull-ups, Plate Pinches, and try to do Sprints earlier, before workouts.

I have a few questions.

1) My times have changed and now most of my workouts are in a completely empty gym at 12-2am. I recently hurt myself doing the SMP alone on SS. A fellow gym goer told me I should use the Incline press over the SMP for safety concerns. Is the Incline press the best alternative when alone, or should I do seated Dumbell presses like I used to before I did the SMP?

SMP=Seated Military Press?
    I suggest standing barbell military press. It is a great lift as your legs and core work to stabilize the bar when it is overhead. If you can't press the weight overhead you can just run out and drop it, don't let it hit you in the head...If you got hurt I want to know how you did it?

2) I've taken to doing five single heavy deadlifts instead of a one set of five deadlifts. My weight has continued to move up, and my hands sweat less allowing me to hold the bar better. Is it good to continue on like this?

Use chalk...
    Try switching every 2-3 weeks.
    Maybe 3x3, 3x2, or 2x4.
    I do my deads at 3x5 but I know the program doesn't have it like that.

3) Should I include weighted hypers on non-deadlift days or is just squatting heavy three days a week all I should do for lower back?

I'd probably put it in just at 4x10.
    Answers in bold.

JLS81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    CG,
    Try DB snatch as a replacement as mentioned above. Great power strength exercise. You tube it for some ideas on how to perform the exercise.

SMP = Standing Military Press.

I was going for a pr attempt and on the 3rd rep of my last set, one of my arms just gave without warning, the other stayed up, and the weight kinda just fell on me awkward, I have no idea how it happened. I took the next workout day off and continued on like normal afterwards, no real lasting harm done, just scared the **** out of me thinking how much worse off I coulda been without assistance.

The gym I currently go to asked respectfully that I refrain from bringing/using chalk as it "makes a mess". I'll try mixing up the reps/sets on the deadlift more. I'm also using different grips now since im trying to fix a muscle imbalance I got from using the same over and under grip ever time. For example on Deadlifts reset earlier, I did 3 overhand, then used over and under grips, alternating the over and under.

SMP = Standing Military Press.

I was going for a pr attempt and on the 3rd rep of my last set, one of my arms just gave without warning, the other stayed up, and the weight kinda just fell on me awkward, I have no idea how it happened. I took the next workout day off and continued on like normal afterwards, no real lasting harm done, just scared the **** out of me thinking how much worse off I coulda been without assistance.

The gym I currently go to asked respectfully that I refrain from bringing/using chalk as it "makes a mess". I'll try mixing up the reps/sets on the deadlift more. I'm also using different grips now since im trying to fix a muscle imbalance I got from using the same over and under grip ever time. For example on Deadlifts reset earlier, I did 3 overhand, then used over and under grips, alternating the over and under.

Ok Keep doing standing military press. It is too great of a lift and just bail if you think you can't get it up. If your arm just gives out randomly go see a doctor.

And yes that isn't a bad idea.

mymax280 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by moose45 View Post
    Ok Keep doing standing military press. It is too great of a lift and just bail if you think you can't get it up. If your arm just gives out randomly go see a doctor.

And yes that isn't a bad idea.
    Excellent post, thank you very much for taking the time to share with those who are starting on the subject. Greetings

Atlas03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Get a huge ass tire and flip it! It is an explosive triple joint movement and is easier to learn.

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tire Flips

Weighted Box Jumps

Dynamic -

Heavy -

Clean Pulls/Jump Shrug

Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100)
    Dude, I used to have the SAME EXACT problem...first off, you have to work on wrist flexibility. I'm still working on it myself, but I know a lot of kids who never do them simply because it hurts their wrists. If you stretch a lot every day, it'll make power cleans 100 times easier. Also, make sure instead of upright row/reverse curling it, make sure you get triple extension, which is extending your hips (not really sure on this one myself, so you'd have to ask others), doing a massive, powerful shrug, and doing a powerful calf raise, all at the same time. If you get a great shrug and calf raise, the force will automatically make your arms bend and you'll instinctively flip your arms under and get under the bar.