dmonk2006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to Bodybuilding

I am completely new to bodybuilding, but not strength training. I stayed in the weight room in high school, and I have recently got back in the gym after a six year hiatus. Bodybuilding is my new reason for lifting instead of football. I have developed a workout after conducting extensive research on bodybuilding, but I want some opinions on it. I was doing a 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 set/rep scheme here recently, but I did not feel like I was getting good lifts on the sets of 6 and 4. It seemed like a great, well-rounded workout like Arnold did (pyramiding), but I am not sure. The "not so good" last two sets make me feel like I will not increase my strength effectively enough to dodge plateus. So, I read about periodization, and I have developed another workout routine that incorporates a strength week. I should add more information to the thought process behind my workout routines; I increase the weight used by 10 lbs for every decreased 2 reps. For instance, if I bench 225 for 12 reps, I would do 235 for 10 reps. Now that I have that explained, I would like to add further that I cycle the weight I start every set with every 12 weeks. Back to the 225 lbs on the bench; I would use that as my first set weight for 12 weeks, then on the 13th week or first week of a new cycle, I would do 235 for 12 reps. I still want to use these principles, but with a different set/rep scheme that allows 3 weeks for hypertrophy training and 1 week for strength. I would repeat this cycle two more times to complete my 12 week cycle. For my hypertrophy weeks, I want to do six sets per exercise with rep schemes of 12, 12, 10, 10, 8, 8...progressing the weight up 10 pounds every time the rep count changes. I would do this for three weeks, then I would enter my strength week where I would do 3 sets of 6, 4, 2...also progressing the weight up by 10 lbs. After the strength week it is back to the three consecutive hypertrophy weeks. Are either of these plans good for a balanced bodybuilding/strength training program, and if so...which is better? Any feedback and/or advice would help. Thanks for your time.

zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100) zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100) zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100) zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100) zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100) zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100) zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100) zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100) zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100) zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100) zackysmith is not very well liked. (-100)
    Look at the needsize 5x5 workout, involes main exercises 5x5 and 2 assistance for the same muslce group. It will get you bigger and stronger, well it has for me in the past 2-3 months using it. If you eat enough you will grow alot. Just my opinion, i used use the 12 10 8 6 method with ramping weights and worked ok but this needsize program just kills it!