4duino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

weight loss difficulty

Hi! I am 16 and have been struggling to lose weight lately. For a time, I weighed 300 (I know, wow), but I have lost 50 lbs since last year and am struggling to lose weight lately. I am 6'3 and 250 now at ~25% body fat. I've recently stopped working out because 1.) school and 2.) trade school program at my high school being mentally demanding. I am confused how to proceed losing fat, and any help would be appreciated

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good job on the 50 lbs, but:

1. You don't have 3-4 hours per week to workout?
    2. I find working out relieves me of a lot of stress from "mental demands". When I don't work out I get more stressed. To me it sounds like you are just derailed.
    3. Ultimately, you can drop weight just fine without working out (though end product will be much better if you do exercise). You just need to eat fewer calories than you are expending. You can achieve that by counting calories and making adjustments based on results, or try a variety of other "food-restriction" based methods that may or may not put you there.

4duino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    Good job on the 50 lbs, but:

1. You don't have 3-4 hours per week to workout?
    2. I find working out relieves me of a lot of stress from "mental demands". When I don't work out I get more stressed. To me it sounds like you are just derailed.
    3. Ultimately, you can drop weight just fine without working out (though end product will be much better if you do exercise). You just need to eat fewer calories than you are expending. You can achieve that by counting calories and making adjustments based on results, or try a variety of other "food-restriction" based methods that may or may not put you there.
    Well what I'm thinking of doing is waking up earlier and working out then to give myself about 3-5 hours for working out and squeezing in some more cardio, along with more diet changes. Yeah, I've kinda fallen into a rut as far as working out goes but I persistence is key. Thanks!

Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you need some motivation why don't you try making a goal? Not just a lose fat goal either since you already have that, but something to work towards. Like maybe you want to do x amount of push ups or pull ups. Or I tend to get more excited about upcoming races. You could sign up for a 5k.

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 4duino View Post
    Well what I'm thinking of doing is waking up earlier and working out then to give myself about 3-5 hours for working out and squeezing in some more cardio, along with more diet changes. Yeah, I've kinda fallen into a rut as far as working out goes but I persistence is key. Thanks!
    Not "more diet changes" that IS the most important part. You're very obese - i wouldn't even suggest visiting a gym for you. That's how you injure yourself.

Drop your calories and go play video games or surf the web. When you're at a more manageable weight - you can start light cardio and weights. Good luck.

marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    unlikely you are 25%. 25% is a guy with a belly. 250 lbs = obese (30%++)

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RocknRollMuscle View Post
    Not "more diet changes" that IS the most important part. You're very obese - i wouldn't even suggest visiting a gym for you. That's how you injure yourself.

Drop your calories and go play video games or surf the web. When you're at a more manageable weight - you can start light cardio and weights. Good luck.
    Exercising while fat = injury ? how does that work ?
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10) abridgel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was 5'10 and 265lbs last summer - you need to start somewhere - I lifted weights with a trainer and that dropped me about 35lbs.
    ON MY WAY!!!!!

12/01/14 -> 236.7lbs
    03/02/15 -> 221.1lbs
    03/13/15 -> 217.3lbs
    06/05/15 -> 208.2lbs

How becoming a father changed my view on fitness, wellness and life
    http://thedaddysutras.com
    https://********.com/thedaddysutras
    https://instagram.com/thedaddysutras

fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100) fawad213 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Eating right is the way to go, if you can't find the time for gym then you must control your environment around you. Schools have 30mins or so lunch break right? 10mins of running on the track and then eat. Do walking lunges on your way to your next class, there are tons of other things you can do, push ups, crunches, it's all in your head. "Be stronger than your excuses" - Dr. Stoppani

RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Exercising while fat = injury ? how does that work ?
    Easy. Imagine a 300lb guy on a treadmill running fast? Most obese people can barely get out of bed - let alone engage in high intensity exercises with someone screaming at them.

Location: Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
    LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Quick question, obese people do they follow the same TDEE calorie deficit, or is something else, i am stating this question cause i saw something different on another thread, i just want to confirm.

Thanks

Originally Posted by LordWolF View Post
    Quick question, obese people do they follow the same TDEE calorie deficit, or is something else, i am stating this question cause i saw something different on another thread, i just want to confirm.

Thanks
    Obese people are humans too so nothing changes for them lol. The only difference is - their hormones are a lot different (majorly messed up) and they have very limited ability to do any kind of intense exercise plus their weight usually flies off like crazy at the beginning. The human body does NOT like to be grossly fat.

LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Obese people are humans too so nothing changes for them lol. The only difference is - their hormones are a lot different (majorly messed up) and they have very limited ability to do any kind of intense exercise plus their weight usually flies off like crazy at the beginning. The human body does NOT like to be grossly fat.
    Hahaha i know they are humans, but i didn't knew about the hormones, thanks for that.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It's the same principle, but obese people can manage a higher deficit than a lean person.

Thanks
    Easy. Imagine a 300lb guy on a treadmill running fast? Most obese people can barely get out of bed - let alone engage in high intensity exercises with someone screaming at them.
    I was jogging/sprint intervals and going balls out on the stationary bike when I was 300lbs. Might be tough on the knee's for some thats true, but weight lifting and non-running types of cardio is perfectly fine. Just because your fat does not mean you cant exercise, sure you dont do running or jumping if your are like 500lbs, but no reason you cant do other types and lift.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Hahaha i know they are humans, but i didn't knew about the hormones, thanks for that.
    It's the same principle, but obese people can manage a higher deficit than a lean person. , put it in the quote for some reason.

I was jogging/sprint intervals and going balls out on the stationary bike when I was 300lbs. Might be tough on the knee's for some thats true, but weight lifting and non-running types of cardio is perfectly fine. Just because your fat does not mean you cant exercise, sure you dont do running or jumping if your are like 500lbs, but no reason you cant do other types and lift.
    Cool got it thanks Znik.

Obese people don't like going to the gym. I would never ask a 300lb person to go my local gym - it's embarassing. Not sure what kind of exercises 300lb people can do that can make *any* sizable impact on their weight loss. I haven't found any.

Weight lifting is okay and some obese people like it. Though I would never push it.

Obese people don't like going to the gym. I would never ask a 300lb person to go my local gym - it's embarassing. Not sure what kind of exercises 300lb people can do that can make *any* sizable impact on their weight loss. I haven't found any.

Weight lifting is okay and some obese people like it. Though I would never push it.
    I would tell him to go, maybe is embarassing at first, but after he/she drops a couple of pounds and people see that. people will mirin big time.

Nothing makes a impact on weight loss apart from the calories consumed, as for increasing strength,endurance,energy,retaining lean mass,getting muscles out of atrophy state,increased circulation, boost of endorphins/general feel good chemicals in the brain etc. from lifting/exercise can impact the dedication and well being for the weight loss journey.

I did my weight loss without lifting and it's my biggest regret so far, lost tons of muscle.

marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nothing makes a impact on weight loss apart from the calories consumed, as for increasing strength,endurance,energy,retaining lean mass,getting muscles out of atrophy state,increased circulation, boost of endorphins/general feel good chemicals in the brain etc. from lifting/exercise can impact the dedication and well being for the weight loss journey.

I did my weight loss without lifting and it's my biggest regret so far, lost tons of muscle.
    Did you have lots of muscle to begin with? how much did you lose in how long?

TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

You talk about obese people like they are some kind of freaks who should avoid going out in public. Obese people have just as much right to go to the gym as anyone else. They can do cardio and lift just like everyone else. The gym will help them just like everyone else. They just have to stay within their means.

Originally Posted by TheGhost9900 View Post
    You talk about obese people like they are some kind of freaks who should avoid going out in public. Obese people have just as much right to go to the gym as anyone else. They can do cardio and lift just like everyone else. The gym will help them just like everyone else. They just have to stay within their means.
    He is probably saying it cause, a lot of people and thats true, when they are obese they are shy to work around people that are lean and fit, i would say go to the gym and work with what you can, and you will see results. Nobody starts with a six pack, unless mad body genetics, so everyone else is hard work and time.

Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't agree with this type of thinking. Weight loss is solely dependent on diet, however fitness comes from the gym. An obese person has to start somewhere with exercise. Not saying they should jump into a run before they can walk, it should be progressive. Starting weightlifting is crucial to maintaining muscle, starting walking/running is great for heart health. Not required though.

Regarding an obese person being embarrassed in the gym. They need to grow some balls. I feel like I know my way around a gym really well but when I visit a new gym I still get that awkward feeling. It goes away when I figure out where everything is.

InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I started lifting weights at 377 pounds which, combined with diet and mild cardio (mostly exercise bike and hitting a punching bag) has helped me down to my current 321 (5 months give or take). I can bench 450lbs. Obese people can do plenty.
    "That boulder is too large. I could lift a smaller one."

-Hercules

Starting Weight (July 2018) - 362
    Current Weight (July 2019) - 268