Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Farmers Bars

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Farmers Bars

I have a pair of farmers bars I grabbed off craigslist but have a few issues I'm hoping to solve with my next upgrade.

1) The bars were clearly made by some dude in his garage and my tight fitting bumpers and change plates don't fit.
    2) My wife uses the bars, but being that shes only using 50ish a hand, it makes loading and picking a pain in the back (literally).
    3) I typically use my driveway for the start of my walks, which is sloped. This causes the bars to roll, and again its a pain to load with them moving.
    4) I have nice iron plates that I dont want anyone loosing their grip and banging to **** on the concrete.

#1 will be taken care of by basically any other bars, so I'm not worried there. The other issues, I've looked at the following:

https://www.blackwidowtg.com/Product...FARMERS%2DWALK
    Top Load bars from Dean look like a decent option. My biggest concern here, is the finger pinching dilema. I have a decent amount of 1.25s and 2.5s and 5s that I can do the layering trick to avoid it if I go this route. Dean is a legit dude, and while I haven't bought anything from him, I've heard nothing but solid remarks and I've exchanged emails with ideas a few times and had a good response.

http://www.gopherperformance.com/str...mers-walk-bars
    Your typical farmers bars, but with a nice twist. The triangle piece, according to their quality team, is rated at 800lbs. These look like they would take the finger pinching out of the equation, make loading super easy (regardless of weight used), and basically leave a ton of room for error if a dumb friend lost their grip and had to set them down.

After shipping and tax, these guys are coming out to almost the same price. I asked Dean about making a pair of the Gopher model, and he feels they wouldn't be stable if someone set them down in anything but a perfectly flat way. I've reached out to Beast Metals, as he is local, but in typical fashion I'm a week out and have no response (his site claims 48 hours).

Curious what the boards thoughts are. I'm not entirely keen on dropping $320 on farmers bars, since the "normal" kind cost $150, but with my wife and I both using them weekly the investment versus frustration of the current bars is well worth it. I'm open to other ideas as well BTW.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First, with Beast - did you try messaging him via FB? I usually get a response pretty quickly that way.

I agree, I think top loaders are the way to go after having tried them - that said, if loading/unloading with your wife is becoming an issue, you might want to order her a set of the Spud Traveling farmer handles and she can have a dedicated set.
    http://www.liftinglarge.com/Spud-Tra...s-Walk-Handles You should be able to find them for less than that as well. I have them, they are great. I still work them in over my normal handles sometimes when I don't want to work my core as often.

There is a guy on FB that has been making strongman gear for a long time under the name Pitbull Strongman Equipment - he has top loader handles with feet for $235 shipped or $200 shipped without feet. If you search, several people on here have bought from him over the years with positive results.
    The only concern I have with his - they are only 53" long, I don't know how tall you are or how long your stride is, but my handles are 72" long and frankly, I am not sure how comfortable I would be with top loading handles that are only 53"
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

25% oriental stick Fivefootkillerz's Avatar
    Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a set the of top loaded handles but i think I'd still prefer them over the regular handles(never used them though). Isn't a lot of strongman competitions using handles similar to the gopher farmers? I swear competitions Ive seen have something very similar just much beefier obviously.
    Steam/Origin id: Fivefootkillerz RSN: Hi cookie

(Current/goals)
    Squat-565/585 Deadlift-625/675 Bench- 385/405
    Bw- 270 Bf- 33 7/3/15
    BW 241 ~curent
    1ST misc weekly lifting challenge Winner- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI5SaxkCMeA
    565 squat!~
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQEqrwl0KRQ

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    oh and for loading the vertical pins - I took a scrap stall mat, cut squares out of it and used a holesaw to drill out 2-1/4" holes - throw these on in between the plates and it give me sufficient room to pull the plates off.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

25% oriental stick Fivefootkillerz's Avatar
    Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fivefootkillerz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    oh and for loading the vertical pins - I took a scrap stall mat, cut squares out of it and used a holesaw to drill out 2-1/4" holes - throw these on in between the plates and it give me sufficient room to pull the plates off.
    I have about a 3rd of a stall mat left over thanks for the idea
    Steam/Origin id: Fivefootkillerz RSN: Hi cookie

(Current/goals)
    Squat-565/585 Deadlift-625/675 Bench- 385/405
    Bw- 270 Bf- 33 7/3/15
    BW 241 ~curent
    1ST misc weekly lifting challenge Winner- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI5SaxkCMeA
    565 squat!~
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQEqrwl0KRQ

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ This is a GREAT solution (on spread, as usual).

I like the look of the Gopher handles, but they look cheap to me. I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile talking with Dean about doing something similar. It will probably cost a little more, though.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    http://www.gopherperformance.com/str...mers-walk-bars
    Your typical farmers bars, but with a nice twist. The triangle piece, according to their quality team, is rated at 800lbs. These look like they would take the finger pinching out of the equation, make loading super easy (regardless of weight used), and basically leave a ton of room for error if a dumb friend lost their grip and had to set them down.

I like the Gopher idea. Basically, it is a permanent deadlift jack on farmers walk bars. I bet it would not take much to fab up something like that to use on a regular farmers bar. Slide it over the sleeve and gravity would keep it down, ready for use.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Top-load farmers are the way to go if you can find them (don't have to worry about the plates falling off, which is a big issue with a lot of farmers handles since the loading pins are slightly smaller diameter than a barbell and therefore traditional collars do not work). You could even make these type of handles with pieces of 4x4 or 6x6 wood and some pipe.

While the triangle idea looks like a nice design I would be concerned about durability of that setup, and you could also gouge/ruin the concrete or asphalt when dropping them.

I would not spend $300+ on farmers unless you were getting a highly specialized set such as the ones that turn into a Yoke, etc.
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For what they actually are, all the above handles are overpriced. This is more reasonable: http://www.fitnessdepot.ca/J11QMO309...s+Walk+Handles

Also, for standard plates, these would do the job: http://atomicathletic.com/store/inde...dles-pair.html

Originally Posted by RestoringTally View Post

I like the Gopher idea. Basically, it is a permanent deadlift jack on farmers walk bars. I bet it would not take much to fab up something like that to use on a regular farmers bar. Slide it over the sleeve and gravity would keep it down, ready for use.
    Does anyone make a kickstand for landmines already? I don't know - statically, yes it's solid, but drops - not sure how long that design would hold up.

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    For what they actually are, all the above handles are overpriced. This is more reasonable: http://www.fitnessdepot.ca/J11QMO309...s+Walk+Handles

Also, for standard plates, these would do the job: http://atomicathletic.com/store/inde...dles-pair.html
    sure - but we're not talking about taking laps around the ugly area rug in the living room
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Titan has farmer walk handles for 75-80 then get a mini DL jack from them for 35. Loading issues and handle issues solves for about $110 shipped.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    Titan has farmer walk handles for 75-80 then get a mini DL jack from them for 35. Loading issues and handle issues solves for about $110 shipped.
    The loading issue is for the top loading style. He has the "traditional" style and trying to move away from it.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    That's a good deal. I guess that's why they're OUT OF STOCK.

http://www.titan.fitness/catalogsear...rmer%27s+walk+

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TomMutaffis View Post
    Top-load farmers are the way to go if you can find them (don't have to worry about the plates falling off, which is a big issue with a lot of farmers handles since the loading pins are slightly smaller diameter than a barbell and therefore traditional collars do not work). You could even make these type of handles with pieces of 4x4 or 6x6 wood and some pipe.

While the triangle idea looks like a nice design I would be concerned about durability of that setup, and you could also gouge/ruin the concrete or asphalt when dropping them.

I would not spend $300+ on farmers unless you were getting a highly specialized set such as the ones that turn into a Yoke, etc.
    Yeah I agree on all points. If you're good spending that much, the Black Widow ones (with stall mat spacers between weights) seem like a great solution.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    why not those titan top load handles?
    http://www.titan.fitness/titan-farme...pair-1939.html
    or the ones with the connector bars to hook them together into 1 solid piece.

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is a great idea. On spread.

Originally Posted by TomMutaffis View Post

What's your experience with the standard (not top) load farmers? I have a pair from elitefts (probably built by williams strength) that use 1.9" OD pipe. Ivanko compression collars, as well as the Rogue HG 2.0s work very well with an 1.9" OD pipe. I haven't had a chance to use them on the handles, yet.

Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    Yeah I agree on all points. If you're good spending that much, the Black Widow ones (with stall mat spacers between weights) seem like a great solution.
    Any cheaper options?
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    Any cheaper options?
    I don't think you can much cheaper than Titan..

I do have these spud traveling farmer walk straps and they're excellent for around $75 or so.
    http://www.liftinglarge.com/Spud-Tra...s-Walk-Handles

(borrowed both links from prior posts)

Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    I don't think you can much cheaper than Titan..
    50" seems very short - that takes you down to about 31" between the plates - the traditional handles give you 36" between the plates but the plate are oriented differently and the top load handles "hang" lower.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Appreciate all the ideas. Love the horse stall mat as spacers, I'm making some of those regardless of the style I go with, as I have a loading pin that would love those.

I'm not a fan of Titan, just seen too many bad deliveries to go down that route.

Is fitness depot valid? Their Northern Lights w/ tripod looks like the gophers but at half the price.

I have the same concern as everyone else on the "tripod" breaking. Maybe I'll ask Dean if he could make it, just improve it. Feels like he could add legit "feet" to the bars, much like the top load, and get a better result.

Note - on mobile, sorry for not giving credit to those that provided links, comments, etc. I'll rep when I get home.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I suppose the Slaters hardware wood farmers walk is out of your price range? Well, actually it's out of mine too, just stumbled across it today. And I'm not sure I'd need much weight loaded....

From the website "These weigh between 150 to 200 lbs depending on the density of the oak or ash hardwood per handle"

http://www.slatershardware.com/ecomm...mers-walk.html

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    I suppose the Slaters hardware wood farmers walk is out of your price range? Well, actually it's out of mine too, just stumbled across it today. And I'm not sure I'd need much weight loaded....

From the website "These weigh between 150 to 200 lbs depending on the density of the oak or ash hardwood per handle"

http://www.slatershardware.com/ecomm...mers-walk.html

They're nice, but the price is absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

Wow. Just Wow.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    They're nice, but the price is absolutely ****ing ridiculous.
    Agreed, I buy treated square posts for work in various similar sizes for $20-65 each..... I can't see anything that adds $1,000+ to the price to make them look fancy. Might have to coax my welder into outfitting an 8x8 or 10x10 for me just for fun.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sorinex is nodding approvingly
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SomeDudeAtHome has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    These are the ones I have and I have zero complaints. They're what i found when looking for cheaper top load options before titan came out with there's.

http://www.gorillasledz.com/

jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I use my BWTG trap bar for farmers walk, works well and I use it for deada, traps, overhead press. Just another idea.

First, with Beast - did you try messaging him via FB? I usually get a response pretty quickly that way.

The only concern I have with his - they are only 53" long, I don't know how tall you are or how long your stride is, but my handles are 72" long and frankly, I am not sure how comfortable I would be with top loading handles that are only 53"
    Went through his website directly.

On the length piece. I've never used top loaded, so whats the deal with 70 vs 50? The ones linked by somedudeathome are 45... for reference, I'm 6ft and wife is 5foot 6...

Originally Posted by jdboyd78 View Post
    I use my BWTG trap bar for farmers walk, works well and I use it for deada, traps, overhead press. Just another idea.
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that. I have a trap bar. Love it for carries, but my sidewalk regularly has cars parked on it, making a trap bar too wide.

Agreed, I buy treated square posts for work in various similar sizes for $20-65 each..... I can't see anything that adds $1,000+ to the price to make them look fancy. Might have to coax my welder into outfitting an 8x8 or 10x10 for me just for fun.
    From the 5 feet long spec, they look to be 8 inches wide and 16 inches deep. That's four 4x4x10 cut in half for one. Double it for a pair. That's 8 x $12 (treated lumber) in this neck of the woods. Mighty expensive hardware, I guess.

lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    Went through his website directly.

On the length piece. I've never used top loaded, so whats the deal with 70 vs 50? The ones linked by somedudeathome are 45... for reference, I'm 6ft and wife is 5foot 6...
    my theory on this is that Its a carry chances are I've got it loaded up so heavy that I'm not taking huge strides and its more of a short step. while the longer bars sound great in reality the shorter bars are probably more than long enough. besides a top loaded farmers handle is going to have the plates at knee level or above with nothing down where your feet could possibly run into them like they might on a shorter set of traditional ones. I comfortably walk inside a trap bar with an internal dimension of 22 inches and thats at the widest point but where my legs move its already angling back towards the sleeves at that point maybe 15-16 inches by that point. So as happens around here we are probably making a big deal about absolutely nothing at all.