Chrissssss1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing muscle while cutting?

Hey, im currently bulking. When I bulk I have about 13%body fat. I would like to lean for the summer, but the one thing over all I cannot do is lose muscle. I hit the gym hard three times a weak, and do cardio three times a week out of the gym. If I cut to like 7 or 8%bf will I be at any risk of losing muscle?
    Last edited by Chrissssss1; 06-02-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Nyceane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I m doing the same, cut down fat from 15.6 to 13.7 now, trying to see what works to maintain muscle mass.

Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunt_GI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Chrissssss1 View Post
    Hey, im currently bulking. When I bulk I have about 13%body fat. I would like to lean for the summer, but the one thing over all I cannot do is lose muscle. I hit the gym hard three times a weak, and do cardio three times a week out of the gym. If I cut to like 7 or 8%bf will I be at any risk of losing muscle?
    Im my personal opinion I think it's inevitable not to lose a little muscle while getting down to sinlge digit bf%.how much you lose depends on you, your diet, training and recovery.I know its a difficult to accept.It took me years.But even if you do lose a little muscle along the way, you (or anyone else for that matter) wont notice the small loss in muscle due to your greatly increased definition.You probaly will even look like you put on more muscle because of the drop in bf%!
    " Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire "

"boulder shoulders" fade2green514's Avatar
    fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    try shooting for a smaller deficit. just as obese people have no trouble losing fat at multiple pounds per day, its extremely difficult for someone lighter and at a lower body fat to lose fat...

however, if you eat at small deficits like 250-500 instead of 500-700 calories per day, this should resolve any issue as far as losing muscle.

also LIFT HEAVY and EAT TONS OF PROTEIN.

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fade2green514 View Post
    try shooting for a smaller deficit. just as obese people have no trouble losing fat at multiple pounds per day, its extremely difficult for someone lighter and at a lower body fat to lose fat...

however, if you eat at small deficits like 250-500 instead of 500-700 calories per day, this should resolve any issue as far as losing muscle.

also LIFT HEAVY and EAT TONS OF PROTEIN.
    ^^this..fat loss will be slower, but muscle loss will be less.

Make sure your diet is in check!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drerwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    let me know how it goes.... I want to get in the single digits too but wonder if Im going to lose a bit of muscle along the way....I just try to eat enough protein to prevent that from happening

Hudas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have a regular protein intake divided all throughout the day along with a healthy meal.