Jon722 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to lose weight without running

Hi im not lazy and i do love to run but i recently tore a meniscus in my knee and im going through phsyical therapy, the doctor doesnt want me to run or even walk for that matter, I am use to being active and i use to eat a lot to keep up with my life style. but now i have been injured for about 2 months and have gained weight. I realized it yesterday and between the junk food and pain killers i have found myself completely unheathly, I never wanted to end up like this so someone please help me now while i still have a chance to not be fat for the rest of my life! thank you

P.S Im on crutches all day for the last 2 months and probably for the next couple of months. im trying my hardest to avoid surgery
    Last edited by Jon722; 06-02-2011 at 08:29 AM.

NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat right.

Calculate your calories and you can achieve the same, or superior, weight-loss effect of running.

Read the stickies for more information.
    -ARRIVE
    -RUSTLE JIMMIES
    -LEAVE

*Furiously packing sht since 1991.

Thug Lives Don't Matter Shepherd1125's Avatar
    Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try swimming.

I dislike running because I have weak knees and severely sprained my ankle numerous times over the course of my life.

toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jon722 View Post
    Hi im not lazy and i do love to run but i recently tore a meniscus in my knee and im going through phsyical therapy, the doctor doesnt want me to run or even walk for that matter, I am use to being active and i use to eat a lot to keep up with my life style. but now i have been injured for about 2 months and have gained weight. I realized it yesterday and between the junk food and pain killers i have found myself completely unheathly, I never wanted to end up like this so someone please help me know while i still have a chance to not be fat for the rest of my life! thank you
    Eat less calories than your body burns a day... Weight loss. Agree with above.. read stickies on diet.
    Starting Weight 255lbs. 2/1/2011
    Best weight so far 187lbs 5/1/2012 - Then got a hot gf a boat and gained fat lol...
    Starting again for the finish line of 180lbs - 11/1/2012 @ 201lbs

PhilipFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some people don't like running as a form of exercise to lose weight. But we have to admit that exercise is very important in losing weight.Inorder to lose weight while having some exercises like running, instructors suggest some healthy apparatus/equipments for us. We have to maximize those stuffs. This workout will make you sweat without even stepping foot on a treadmill.

DevilsAdvocate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilsAdvocate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilsAdvocate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilsAdvocate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilsAdvocate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilsAdvocate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilsAdvocate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilsAdvocate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DevilsAdvocate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If u cant run then walk. I walk 4 miles a day as a replacement for real cardio. Walk around and have a good look at nature.

BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Like someone said you could try swimming which is a great workout. Not really sure what kind of limitations you have with a torn meniscus in terms of something like a lot of walking being bad, but you should really mainly focus on your diet at this point, especially if you're limited in activity.

DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000) DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000) DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000) DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000) DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000) DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000) DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000) DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000) DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000) DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000) DrPeanutButter is just really nice. (+1000)

Wink

What's important to keep in mind is that the diet's contribution to bodyweight is dependent on caloric balance and the diet's contribution to body composition is dependent on micro/macronutrient sufficiency. Specific food selections are not relevant to bodyweight and body composition outside the context of daily nutrition.

Compose a diet that has the right number of calories to meet your goals (+10 to 20% of maintenance to bulk, -10 to 20% of maintenance to cut, or maintenance to, well, maintain), with said calories derived from at least a sufficient amount of protein (1.0 to 1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass*) and fat (0.45 to 1.0 grams per pound of bodyweight**). Compose the remainder of your calories from your preferred mix of carbs and additional protein and fat.

Select whole foods as much as possible and use supplements only if your diet is deficient and you can't cure said deficiency by altering your intake of whole foods.

Additionally, meal timing and frequency are largely irrelevant, but daily nutrition is highly relevant.

For more information, please see:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133634471
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

WonderPuG

MyBestBody1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info i will follow your advice, hope it helps i will make a thread for my diet

Jon722 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So thanks for all the info. I am actually having the surgery soon. They said recover time is 3 weeks. So if anyone can help me make a menu or recipes for 3 weeks that will be awesome. I do my own cooking and diet planning most the time. But i need help on this one because my gf is going to have to cook and take care of me for 3 weeks. I just need some simple recipes for my meals and I will be stuck in bed for a couple of days so i wont be burning to many calories

AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceDuddyMEGAA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jon722 View Post
    So thanks for all the info. I am actually having the surgery soon. They said recover time is 3 weeks. So if anyone can help me make a menu or recipes for 3 weeks that will be awesome. I do my own cooking and diet planning most the time. But i need help on this one because my gf is going to have to cook and take care of me for 3 weeks. I just need some simple recipes for my meals and I will be stuck in bed for a couple of days so i wont be burning to many calories
    you bugging. just eat clean man and hit your macros and deficit. i tore my acl and meniscus recently sucks bro i feel your pain

yourdreamsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourdreamsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourdreamsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourdreamsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourdreamsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yourdreamsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I sleep less and avoid working out when I'm stressed. Working out is a whole new hassle-- exercise clothes, carving time out of a packed schedule, finding my headphones, etc.-- on top of whatever else is going on. Lack of sleep makes me tired, makes me rely on sugary coffee drinks, and makes my metabolism just that much slower. This combination leads to some weight gain even if I'm not stress-eating/making poor food choices.

I've done a variety of online programs where you track your food intake and exercise output and this combination has made me more aware of my choices.

Ways I try to keep my stress low: proper sleep hygiene, meaning no caffeine after 5 or so at night, no tossing and turning for more than half an hour, no alcohol just before bed; making myself at least walk on the treadmill if I'm not going to run; making sure I have time for the things I want to do in any given week if not day.
    http://yourdreamsbody.com/

jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I always stat out cutting without or only with very little cardio. Weight training and a moderate calorie deficit work fine. Only when it gets to below 8% I feel the urge of doing some to drop the last few percentage points. good luck