CurrentValue has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CurrentValue has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CurrentValue has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CurrentValue has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exercises for Pectus Excavatum

Hey there,

I am wondering what exercises will flatten the chest directly between and under my pecs. Having a mild case of P.E., i want to flatten and not exaggerate the depression while continuing to build strength.

Anything i should avoid or any exercise i should be doing to lessen the look of it would be much appreciated.

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sorry man, that condition has to do with the way your sternum and ribcage have grown. not a whole lot you can do about it. i have seen pics of a few members on this site that have decided to work out despite that condition though, and they don't look too bad.
    i'm hungry

KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Check the link out, the book shows lots of exercises, mostly variations of dips and lots of stretches, I do dips already but the stretches are quite good, sometimes i feel my sternum crack, dont know if its helping or not as my pecs are getting bigger and sort of make it look a little deeper than it is, also flared ribs suck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27y6uHrwYxc
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

"It is ok to fail, it is not ok to give up" - Ghandi

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you" - Neil Young

"Cíunas bothár cailín baínne" - Patrick Kavanagh

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ask a pt or orthopedist? and not a buncha online ppl?

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't really think you can fill that area. You need to do an operation to fix it.
    https://www.instagram.com/brunobastos_93/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshN_nywHWNFH836xZ7VjtQ?view_as=subscriber

KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bruno93 View Post
    Don't really think you can fill that area. You need to do an operation to fix it.
    yeah we're basically stuck with it, even the muscle insertions for the pecs are weird, if you did get surgery and got rid of the depression in your chest your pecs would still be slightly separated..

would try stretches anyway as the condition results in tight pecs, causing you to hunch your shoulders etc, my posture was terrible, lot better now through stretching and working my back more...

Plus having the surgery means no lifting for at least 2 years, and that aint happenin
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

"It is ok to fail, it is not ok to give up" - Ghandi

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you" - Neil Young

"Cíunas bothár cailín baínne" - Patrick Kavanagh

LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LB3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You cannot fill in the area. If you are lean it will look a little better b/c your gut becomes crazy visible at certain %s of BF far more than someone without the condition.

Get ripped and have people look at you from the front!

Mine is worse on my left side than my right, oddly. My lady says since I started working out a couple years ago the dent is far less noticeable, if that's any consolation... and I'm not in tiptop low BF shape right now either.

Basically build strong ass shoulders and back, seems backwards but it helped more with the overall appearance, b/c slumped shoulders often accompanies this.

vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What's that?

CurrentValue has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CurrentValue has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CurrentValue has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CurrentValue has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by KeeronMac View Post
    Check the link out, the book shows lots of exercises, mostly variations of dips and lots of stretches, I do dips already but the stretches are quite good, sometimes i feel my sternum crack, dont know if its helping or not as my pecs are getting bigger and sort of make it look a little deeper than it is, also flared ribs suck...

youtube.com/watch?v=27y6uHrwYxc
    respect man, thats exactly the kind of thing i'm looking for.

i'm just trying to take the guess work out of improving its appearance. the only thing i'm sure of is mine's barely noticeable when i have low body fat.

thanks.

Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    ask a pt or orthopedist? and not a buncha online ppl?
    really sorry for your loss, you gonna be ok buddy?

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CurrentValue View Post
    really sorry for your loss, you gonna be ok buddy?
    how is me giving you proper advice a bad thing? you dont ask regular people how to hide a condition like this.

Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    how is me giving you proper advice a bad thing? you dont ask regular people how to hide a condition like this.
    i figure a collection of experiences from people with the condition who have discovered successful ways to lessen its appearance would be of benefit to me. telling me to go to an orthopedist is sound advice, your attitude was what i had the issue with.
    Last edited by CurrentValue; 06-04-2011 at 01:24 AM.

excavworkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pectus patient!!

hey there!! I'm gonna leave a link to check of blog in which I show my training routine to make my life easier according to pectus excavatum.

Search on google ''excavworkout''.

Any suggestions, you can always tell me.

take care people!!