gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bicep and tricep pain can't straighten arm

Hi I'm new to lifting and so got personal trainer to start me off on a 4day weekly workout on Monday I did a chest abs and biceps couldn't straighten arm already Tuesday I did shoulder tricep and more abs workout finding it more difficult to straighten arm with pain used biofreeze cream still hurts and I have another session tomorrow what should I do to ease Pain

gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gemintrocket has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Any help?

Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wilroc516 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I also started lifting recently and have the same problem. Searched this site for answers for this specific problem ..

This problem almost always occurs with people that are new to lifting or restarting after a long break.

Most people say its just common DOMs or we just overworked it a little too much after not having done anything at all before, lol. It should go away in a few days.

Re

I just want to know if I have doms or tendinitis and yes I've read in other posts that u get doms if u never worked out b4 or not for a long period of time but after my pain has stopped and I go back to the gym again will my arms not be able to bend and stretch? Don't mind the muscle pain but not being able to move my arms freely annoys me cause I can't even take my shirt off lol

aestheticaeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aestheticaeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aestheticaeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your body isnt used to the amount of intensity you're putting on your arms. It happens a lot especially when you start a new routine or whatever. Just get used to it, the pain will go away eventually and you won't have those sores weeks on. Just keep pushing and stay focuses in your lifts.

Re

Are there any preworkout stretches that i can do that will help lessen or prevent the pain next time

JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JLester17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should stretch before you lift anyway, but yes theres some decent stretches you can do to take away some of the pain. Are you stretching out after the workout as well? That will help ease some of the pain also.

powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gemintrocket View Post
    I just want to know if I have doms or tendinitis and yes I've read in other posts that u get doms if u never worked out b4 or not for a long period of time but after my pain has stopped and I go back to the gym again will my arms not be able to bend and stretch? Don't mind the muscle pain but not being able to move my arms freely annoys me cause I can't even take my shirt off lol
    If it's post workout muscle soreness that's ok. I dont think it's tendonitis. It could be just muscle/tendon strain. Just take a week off and see if it goes away. Take fish oil and glucosamine/chondroitin supps daily. When I got acute muscle pain I also had Aleve prescribed by my ortho:

http://buygenericsguide.com/buy-aleve/
    Fitness Means Power!