PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Powder that doesn't cause Acne?

So I'm pretty prone to acne, and over the course of the past month or so I've final realized that my protein powder infact has contributed to a decent amount of the acne on my face. I've tried both Optimum 100% Whey and I just ordered some Isopure Zero Carb Protein that made my face break out after using it only once.

Im pretty sure that whats causing my acne breakout is all the additives that mess with my hormones and the additional flavoring that is added into the supplement. I try and get my protein intake through my diet itself, its just that protein powder is a convient way to get my protein intake for the day. And no its not the milk added into my protein because I know that dairy doesn't affect my acne as much as it does for others. And I typically use water for my protein mix anyways.

Does anyone have suggestions as too what type of protein powder that may be more natural, thus less likely to cause these break outs. Hemp, Pea, Soy, Egg white protein? Name Brands?

Much Appreciated.

PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PR1zzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bumpp

GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PR1zzle View Post
    bumpp
    Try Allmax Isoflex ....very clean profile....high quality product.....there PB Choc is just like melted reeses pieces in water and the strawberry is very good too....only two flavors I would suggest...110 cals...27g protein...2-3g carbs 0.1g fat I believe....Isopure is pure garbage and O.N has the same formula and flavoring since 2001.......Prob would go with a whey pure Isolate. I have a couple bags of Truscience Egg white protein......It's unflavored so I usually do 1 scoop Egg white protein, 1/4 scoop of another protein like UP 2.0 etc, 1 tablespoon Herseys unsweetend coco choc powder, 1 packet splenda and it comes out pretty good....just gives me horrible gas

bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

acne

Your protein did not likely cause your break out of acne. ON is a good protein but I would venture a guess that something else that changed during the coarse of taking this caused it. Was there a change in diet, soaps, cleanser you used, diet, nutrition, another supp, weather change (hotter weather), intake of junk food, a change in hormones at your age could easily be the culprit. ON isn't very high in sugar or any acne suspected causing ingredients I'd experiment a bit with what changed before I'd jump to blaming protein.

COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz

Thumbs up

Magnum Quattro wont cause anything but them gainzzzz

But seriously though I have never heard of anyone saying anything like that about it...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/magnum/quattro.html
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000) JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000) JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000) JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000) JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000) JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000) JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000) JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000) JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000) JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000) JCTWP46 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by COUNTRYMIKE View Post

But seriously though I have never heard of anyone saying anything like that about it...

Good to see you back on the boards Mike. Heard your area was hit hard by the tornadoes down here in the south. Hope you all are recovering well from that. Places around my area are still being rebuilt, but things seem to be going well considering.

COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz COUNTRYMIKE has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JCTWP46 View Post
    Good to see you back on the boards Mike. Heard your area was hit hard by the tornadoes down here in the south. Hope you all are recovering well from that. Places around my area are still being rebuilt, but things seem to be going well considering.
    Good to see you too, yeah we were hit hard but getting things back to normal slowly...
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdfitelson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

protein

Quattro is a top notch protein-can't go wrong with it!

Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its not causing u to get acne but get some myofusion or trutein..

GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hormones, Hygiene and your genetics are the only things that will effect acne. Drink what ever protein you choose (except the two bad choices you made )
    Such much Placebo in here.

attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GetRippedInc View Post
    Hormones, Hygiene and your genetics are the only things that will effect acne. Drink what ever protein you choose (except the two bad choices you made )
    agreed, good chance it's not the protein.
    i haven't used any protein supp since last september and still break out, plus i wash my face 2x daily and use topical treatments and still doesn't seem to help
    i believe its become more of a hormone thing

h8work has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Protein definitely does cause acne in some people. People who have been prone to acne but keep it under control with diet can definitely be affected by protein powder. It with no doubt affects hormone levels in some people off setting things. It has affected me and I am looking to try a brown rice protein now to see how my skin does with that.

aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aKKuRaCy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by COUNTRYMIKE View Post

Thought about purchasing solely because the flavor was called "Chocolate Love."

Registered User Proposturalized's Avatar
    Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by aKKuRaCy View Post
    Thought about purchasing solely because the flavor was called "Chocolate Love."
    If there were any protein flavors of "chocolate rain" I would instantly buy.
    "Maybe strong is just what you have left when you've used up all your weak."

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So I'm pretty prone to acne, and over the course of the past month or so I've final realized that my protein powder infact has contributed to a decent amount of the acne on my face.
    What lead you to this landmark discovery?

Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appledrink82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So I'm pretty prone to acne, and over the course of the past month or so I've final realized that my protein powder infact has contributed to a decent amount of the acne on my face. I've tried both Optimum 100% Whey and I just ordered some Isopure Zero Carb Protein that made my face break out after using it only once.
    Originally Posted by attack07lax View Post
    agreed, good chance it's not the protein.
    i haven't used any protein supp since last september and still break out, plus i wash my face 2x daily and use topical treatments and still doesn't seem to help
    i believe its become more of a hormone thing
    Try dabbing a little tea tree oil on the problem spots. It acts like Benzoyl Peroxide but not as potent and it's easier on your skin.
    Will Rep back

How to make your own Weight Gainer: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133958221

GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by h8work View Post
    Protein definitely does cause acne in some people. People who have been prone to acne but keep it under control with diet can definitely be affected by protein powder. It with no doubt affects hormone levels in some people off setting things. It has affected me and I am looking to try a brown rice protein now to see how my skin does with that.
    No actually it doesn't....
    Such much Placebo in here.

DaveCord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveCord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveCord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveCord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveCord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveCord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Indeed it does..

Certain protein supplementation can and does effect acne in certain individuals. In fact the proliferation of acne has been linked to three major causes...

1) Diet sensitivities - i.e. corn, wheat (gluten.. It does not effect just the gut in individuals, it can can create an immunological response in some people that manifests itself in face and/or body acne), dairy (hence Whey protein as a dairy derivative).

2) Hormonal Changes - Soy proteins or vegetable proteins containing soy can increase levels of estrogen, leading to breakouts (ever heard of a woman complaining about acne on her period?)

3) Insulin Resistance - high levels of glucose in the blood and elevated, chronic levels of insulin eventually leads to type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and eventually stroke... Early signs of an insulin problem in some people can be... Yea you guessed it. Acne.

Therefore, my recommendation for a protein supplement if you are acne prone would be one that does NOT contain whey or soy.

Let me know if you find success. Cheers and best of luck!

Dave

Registered User soccerkilla1234's Avatar
    soccerkilla1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually it does.. There are different things inside of supplements, whether protein creatine etc.. that does cause acne inside of teens especially because of a raise in testosterone. You don't need a testosterone booster to have a small increase which you see in these supplements. Ask any dermatologist.

brelizze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem. It took me a while to figure it out, but I narrowed it down to the protein i was taking. So i did quite a bit of research and found Garden of Life Protein. It's all natural and does not contain Whey or Soy. It's been good so far. Each serving has about 17g of protein. Not ideal but a suitable alternative.

curtisjames20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Im pretty sure that whats causing my acne breakout is all the additives that mess with my hormones and the additional flavoring that is added into the supplement. I try and get my protein intake through my diet itself, its just that protein powder is a convient way to get my protein intake for the day. And no its not the milk added into my protein because I know that dairy doesn't affect my acne as much as it does for others. And I typically use water for my protein mix anyways.

Does anyone have suggestions as too what type of protein powder that may be more natural, thus less likely to cause these break outs. Hemp, Pea, Soy, Egg white protein? Name Brands?

Much Appreciated.
    Reflex Nutrition vegan Pea protein very clean protein im also prone to acne an dont touch no dairy proteins due to them causing bad breakouts which is actually due to the hormone in them called IGF-1 so yeah stick to pea or any plant based protein an you wont have no breakouts! iv been on pea protein for a while now an has never messed with my skin!! Good luck!

ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShoopAhh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol strong bump

Crappy protein powder definitely can make acne worse if your skin is prone to it. Hypoallergenic protein powder is the best for acne-prone skin in my experience (not whey, just to be safe - the insulin increase from the lactose has been shown to be linked to acne) Basically just don't buy the walmart chit, full of chemicals that your body reacts badly to.