Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

middle aged men have "hotness delusion syndrome"

http://www.news.com.au/national/midd...-1226066040089

saw this yesterday morning and thought it was pretty funny, so here I'm sharing it with you lot.

MIDDLE-aged men are being chased so much by single women that they are becoming deluded about their sex appeal.

A drought of mid-40s single men, compared with single women of the same age, means they are fiercely pursued, inflating their opinion of their attractiveness.

An available male in his 40s receives a lot of attention because he's the only thing going around," Mr Salt said.

"He can be balding and paunchy, but this is not what he sees in the mirror. He sees nothing less than trim, taut and, so he is told, terrific."
    The cynic in me interprets this as women being so desperate they'll chase after guys even though they don't think the guy has anything going for him? I don't get it at all.

for the record clearly none of us suffers from this syndrome since we all actually ARE that hot and attractive, amiright?

themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SerpentHearted View Post

saw this yesterday morning and thought it was pretty funny, so here I'm sharing it with you lot.

The cynic in me interprets this as women being so desperate they'll chase after guys even though they don't think the guy has anything going for him? I don't get it at all.

for the record clearly none of us suffers from this syndrome since we all actually ARE that hot and attractive, amiright?
    Sounds like someone is jelly. Why would anyone care?

Have you been on the net looking for dates at all. I would say the reverse is probably true. Any woman that is a 5 thinks they are a 7. A 7 thinks they are a 10.

So yeah there maybe be 15% more men per eistein guy writing the article but men still do the chasing so the number difference don't matter.
    Resident smart arse and grammar fool....instagram: heartandfitness

Open Heart Surgery on May 26, 2012. My life goal is to educate and inspire other heart patients. Medical study for new heart patient drugs to start in January 2013. If you have a family history of heart disease please get your blood tested ASAP and your kids. It could save their life.

AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks like more typical male bashing so prevalent in the western world now.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I've never chased a man...but, if a woman does do this, the guy has to have SOMETHING going for him. Maybe a big...........................................

wallet? j/k
    Get your heads out of the gutters, people.

Seriously though. The article doesn't give enough detail to really say one way or the other...'why' this is occuring. myth gave a good answer.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by themyth2009 View Post
    Have you been on the net looking for dates at all. I would say the reverse is probably true. Any woman that is a 5 thinks they are a 7. A 7 thinks they are a 10.
    People actually ''rate'' themselves? wow. If you're able to see their pic, your rating will matter more ...dontcha think?

edit--beauty is in the eye of the beholder though...so, at the end of the day...can't really judge.

themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    People actually ''rate'' themselves? wow. If you're able to see their pic, your rating will matter more ...dontcha think?
    I said thinks they are so it is a delusion in head. I mean serious any decent woman is going to get bombarded with emails from men. I spent a week on plenty of whales and was like OMG these people are delusional. I know a woman that brags about a different date every weekend. She is not the least bit attractive. But there is always a willing guy. She gets humped and dumped like crazy.

Open Heart Surgery on May 26, 2012. My life goal is to educate and inspire other heart patients. Medical study for new heart patient drugs to start in January 2013. If you have a family history of heart disease please get your blood tested ASAP and your kids. It could save their life.

TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOL.

I was having a hard time figuring out what the sudden interest was all about.

At first I thought it might actually be the hours I spent in the gym, clean diet, maybe a little of my personality, but that wasn't it at all.

I finally hit an age where the laws of supply and demand apply.

It's kind of like being the 'Player to be named later' in a baseball trade.

I said thinks they are so it is a delusion in head. I mean serious any decent woman is going to get bombarded with emails from men. I spent a week on plenty of whales and was like OMG these people are delusional. I know a woman that brags about a different date every weekend. She is not the least bit attractive. But there is always a willing guy. She gets humped and dumped like crazy.
    ''plenty of whales'' ...oh my lol

she's sleeping with a diff guy every weekend? wow. that's not smart.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I've never chased a man...but, if a woman does do this, the guy has to have SOMETHING going for him. Maybe a big...........................................

wallet? j/k
    Get your heads out of the gutters, people.

Seriously though. The article doesn't give enough detail to really say one way or the other...'why' this is occuring. myth gave a good answer.

i really thought you were going to say something else...

sandwich

Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    i really thought you were going to say something else...

sandwich

lol

let's be serious for a second. maybe it's because most men around that age, tend to have their acts together? know what they want. have goals. and that's attractive to a woman? and physical looks falls a little further down the scale. i'm guessing. i dunno.

the article doesn't give enough info.

TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheCrab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    let's be serious for a second. maybe it's because most men around that age, tend to have their acts together? know what they want. have goals. and that's attractive to a woman? and physical looks falls a little further down the scale. i'm guessing. i dunno.

I like your version better than 'supply and demand'.

''plenty of whales'' ...oh my lol

she's sleeping with a diff guy every weekend? wow. that's not smart.
    It is plenty of whales...for real. I think it is why anyone even in decent shape is cocky. I ended up get bombarded by women from like 40-50. Asking really dumb questions to. Are you a calvin kline model? Yes I just decided to set up a profile on plenty of whales because I was so tired of the models and wanted a real woman "translation fatty". I was on for a week and left. Capped out with ex wife making fake profile and asking me out on a date. I knew it was fake request just didnt know it was her.

I dont think she sleeps with them all but gets tossed aside a lot. Most guys on those sites are full of crap to. Lie about age, income, marital status, etc. I know people are big on web dating but it has a ton of pitfalls. I think people become too reliant on it as dating source and stop trying to meet people in person.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AKMass View Post
    Looks like more typical male bashing so prevalent in the western world now.
    This ^

I don't like getting caught up in these men-and-women trends.

Article was written by an accounting firm consultant (KPMG) just saying.

I think you are right. Speak for others when you talk physical tools. I am in my prime.

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is why I work out - so I can be a 3 instead of a 2

[ridiculous article]

It is plenty of whales...for real. I think it is why anyone even in decent shape is cocky. I ended up get bombarded by women from like 40-50. Asking really dumb questions to. Are you a calvin kline model? Yes I just decided to set up a profile on plenty of whales because I was so tired of the models and wanted a real woman "translation fatty". I was on for a week and left. Capped out with ex wife making fake profile and asking me out on a date. I knew it was fake request just didnt know it was her.

I dont think she sleeps with them all but gets tossed aside a lot. Most guys on those sites are full of crap to. Lie about age, income, marital status, etc. I know people are big on web dating but it has a ton of pitfalls. I think people become too reliant on it as dating source and stop trying to meet people in person.
    calvin klein model.

that should be your tagline under your avi

there are those commercials for match, eharmony, etc...where there seems to be high success rates?

Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    This is why I work out - so I can be a 3 instead of a 2
    aw, you're nothing of the sort !

calvin klein model.

that should be your tagline under your avi

there are those commercials for match, eharmony, etc...where there seems to be high success rates?
    Mr Bean on roids is new tag line....

I have seen hydorxcut commercials too bragging about success rates to.

kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kineticforce has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    umm what if you already have this....

I think Im one piece of ace already....

Im not delusional...

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    aw, you're nothing of the sort !
    Thank you. Mom, is that you?

Originally Posted by kineticforce View Post
    umm what if you already have this....

I think Im one piece of ace already....

Im not delusional...
    Just wait until you hit 40.......panties will just melt in your presence.

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good points from everyone!

as someone said it's a bit of a typical male bashing article and yep even if the guy might be balding and a bit fat, maybe he's got everything else going for him due to his mature age as whatevergirl described. But if he doesn't... well the article doesn't really delve much into exactly what these woman are bringing to the table either, know what I'm saying?

and YEP about the females also having these delusions. I mean, I'm probably not the prettiest man on earth but i stay in shape (hell i work as a pt when i'm not at my security job) and some of the chicks that think I should be interested in them are like... well, lets just say we must have very incompatible lifestyles (aka they're huge and unhealthy).

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Shoot, and I thought that 25 was the last birthday that I had to look forward to.... lol.

LOL.

Wish I had discovered this before hitting the downhill side of 45.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And your only 39.

Well, you got something to look forward to.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Shoot, and I thought that 25 was the last birthday that I had to look forward to.... lol.
    Originally Posted by TheCrab View Post
    LOL.

the thread has now sprialed down into the great abyss........never to return.

the movie shallow hal is coming to mind.........

as an aside...if a person 'looks' like a '9' or '10,' let's say...but is a total jerk...it makes them look 'ugly' in my eyes. maybe some of these women find a 6 ok...if he has a big heart. just sayin.

same thing applies to women. many beauties out there, but who are arrogant, etc. so it 'spoils' things.

if you can find a ten on the INSIDE and on the outside?? hang onto that! <<hard to find

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    good points from everyone!

as someone said it's a bit of a typical male bashing article and yep even if the guy might be balding and a bit fat, maybe he's got everything else going for him due to his mature age as whatevergirl described. But if he doesn't... well the article doesn't really delve much into exactly what these woman are bringing to the table either, know what I'm saying?

and YEP about the females also having these delusions. I mean, I'm probably not the prettiest man on earth but i stay in shape (hell i work as a pt when i'm not at my security job) and some of the chicks that think I should be interested in them are like... well, lets just say we must have very incompatible lifestyles (aka they're huge and unhealthy).
    TBH I think that for SOME women.... they just realize that they're getting older and "not being alone" becomes a great concern... even more so if they're in their late 30s and still want to have kids. That biological clock is LOUD.

Given that women rule the dating scene from age 14-30 it's only fair that we get our time in the sun amirite?

Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Well in your case you will be why the other guys over 40 get so much attention.

Originally Posted by TheCrab View Post
    LOL.

I am sure it only gets better based on article. I mean has to be even better odds for you now.

Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    And your only 39.

Well, you got something to look forward to.
    Well 40 in 30 days I cant wait to be delusional. Wait to late already am.