ReefChick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Totally new to this. Can someone please help me come up with a simple routine?

Hi! My name is Kelia. I am new here. I don't really know anything about working out, and I wanted to know if someone on here could possibly take some time and help me come up with a solid routine that will help me achieve my goals.

I'll provide some background information. I just turned 19. I have never really had a work out routine other than sports practices while I was in high school. I ran track and did cheerleading for 4 years, so I am still in pretty good shape from that. The only thing that I do currently is biking (for transportation, so, nothing vigorous) and surfing. My diet is pretty good, I eat somewhere between 1,380 and 1,385 calories a day. I am a vegan, but I try to make up for protein by drinking A LOT of vegan protein shakes. A LOT. I eat pretty clean, though. Just veggies, fruits, lots of salads, protein shakes, nuts, beans. I only drink water and veggie / fruit juices fresh.

I am 5'3 and weigh 120 - 122 lb, depending on the day. My body fat, according to the gym, is like 23% or 24%. That sounds about right.

I'd really like to devote my summer (June, July, and August) to getting into shape. I am mainly looking to firm up my triceps (I have some loose skin there, and it feels flabby), get more definition in my waist (so that it curves in even more), flatten my stomach, and build up my a**. My butt is seriously non-existant. It is completely flat. Is there a way to build it up so that it becomes round? And, also, how can I get definition between the bottom of my butt and the tops of my thigh, so that it doesn't look like one big blob? I know, that sounds disgusting, but that's the only way that I can really describe it.

What work outs should I do? How often? And what should I eat?

ReefChick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OH! And one more thing. Do you think that all of this is realistic to accomplish in 2 or 3 months?

greg32farris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greg32farris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can't help out much on the diet because I have no experience with vegans.

A good starting point for you would be to workout 3 times a week doing circuit weight training and also some extra cardio work. It's very quick and effective for someone looking to tone up their body. Circuit training just means doing exercises back to back without rest in between. Exercises can range from 5-10 and then a short rest period of 1-2 minutes and repeat the circuit 3-5 times. Extra cardio could be anything you want, treadmill, bike, elliptical, sports, anything! Also ab work just like weight training should be performed back to back without rest in between exercises, should only take around 10 minutes.

Rookie Example:

20 reps Body Squats
    15 reps Shoulder Press
    20 reps Lunges
    15 reps Tricep pushdowns
    20 reps Standing Calf Raises
    15 reps Bicep Curl

Repeat circuit two more times.

This is just an example of basic movements you could start off with to target your entire body. Keeping the reps high should keep your heart rate up and help you practice proper form. Try to use machines before free weights when your starting out then progress to free weights.

As far as targeting certain areas of your body you can try putting extra emphasis on them, such as extra sets for squats and lunges for legs. If you work hard in the gym and have a good diet you should be able to see changes in 2-3 months but it won't be easy and don't expect too much!
    "I don't think about chances I think about working very hard and manifesting your own belief and imposing your will on the situation" Kai Greene

Nothing beats the basics

Work the weight, don't let the weight work you.

usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i dont know an exact workout you can do, but if you add in back leg kicks (kick ur leg backwards with resistance to it and ATG squats atg=ass to ground
    "Live and Fly Standards High Delta Chi Till I Die"

"Your not alive unless your living."

"When you want to succeed as bad you want to breathe, then you'll be successful."

"The Whole ****ing Nine Yards!"

★★★USF MISC CREW★★★

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    See stickies for a routine.

Why are you a vegan?

You don't have to drink just water and fresh juices. You can drink anything you want at any time IF it fits into your daily macros. Same goes for eating solid food. Read stickies on nutrition and fat loss sections of this forum.

You can make progress in 3 months, but will not get "in shape" as you described it (build muscle, lose stomach etc)