Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    That was just me venting. The kids are getting ready for football camps. The dad walks in with several muscle mags in his back pocket and proceeds to tell me that I don't know what I'm doing. And then proceeds to tell me how I'm going to prepare his kid for football.

It didn't end well for him.
    What are you serious?

You should have been like: 'Oh and don't forget to buy your son that dianabol and deca, maybe some andro to go with it....*******'.

You got to take advice in its entirety, not just a snippet of nutrition here...a piece of training there and sew it together...it won't work.

I hope you ripped him a new one though.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pumplikecuming View Post
    What are you serious?

You should have been like: 'Oh and don't forget to buy your son that dianabol and deca, maybe some andro to go with it....*******'.

You got to take advice in its entirety, not just a snippet of nutrition here...a piece of training there and sew it together...it won't work.

I hope you ripped him a new one though.
    Oh I did....I did. And then I asked him if he knew where to buy the 'special vitamin S' that all of those guys are using. I then asked him if he had any idea what would happen to an IFBB pro if you put him out on the D line or O line. I did get a laugh out of the entire room when I told him it would be like putting a figure skater out on the ice with a hockey team.
    Some people just don't get it.

Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000)
    You don't have to drop anything that you add....ever. But if something doesn't seem to be helping then drop it. That's why the few that I listed I listed as optional. I'm not sitting in the weight room with you, measuring you, or monitoring every facet of everything. YOU made a comment about having a 'white girls butt'. For you dead lifts should work out well. If they do then the rest of the leg work should help even more. But if they don't seem to help.......I've got a lot more in my bag of tricks.
    Oh, ok. I just thought maybe eventually adding in all of the optional exercises would make the workout too long.

I did try the deadlift to see if I could actually do them without passing out along with trying to find my 10RM and my hams & butt are kinda sore today, not too bad but I can feel it.
    ~Moosifee~

"Yes, if you squat wrong it f**ks things up. If you squat correctly, those same f***ed-up things will unf**k themselves." -- Mark Rippetoe

(Cycle 3 : all pro's 636)

Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erdos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been on the beginner routine for about 8 months now, and I'm wondering when it's better to switch to one of these intermediate routines? Also, which routine would you recommend for cutting, to ensure minimal reduction in muscle mass?

I appreciate your hard work man.
    I rep back

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yup you start in the middle of the rep range weight wise. And you shouldn't need warm ups after the first 3 exercises.
    4-8 starts at 6
    6-10 starts at 8
    8-12 starts at 10
    8-20 starts at 12
    Work out 1 can be rough when your numbers are less than 100 pounds. You can still run it but you have to reduce the progression to 5 pounds. I'm not sure how well that would work out.
    Thanks AllPro!
    Decided to do workout 2 ..

Feel a bit of an idiot, but I'm not sure I'm clear on what some of the "new" exercises actually are ...
    I've looked them all up on the main exercise page here on Bodybuilding.com but they often have options or different names.

So, Tricep Press is same as skullcrusher?
    Pulldowns are wide grip lat pulldowns or straight arm pulldowns (does it matter?)?
    Leg curls are seated, standing or lying down?
    and I'm pretty sure seated calf press is same as seated calf raise?

(Can I pull out the "girl card" on this ? ... I really feel lame -- Ugh, did I just ask that?)

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Erdos View Post
    I've been on the beginner routine for about 8 months now, and I'm wondering when it's better to switch to one of these intermediate routines? Also, which routine would you recommend for cutting, to ensure minimal reduction in muscle mass?

I appreciate your hard work man.
    On a cut, 3 would probably be about the easiest one to tolerate. You don't have to quit the beginner's program until it stops working or you're tired of it.

Originally Posted by thedogdidit View Post
    Thanks AllPro!
    Decided to do workout 2 ..

Feel a bit of an idiot, but I'm not sure I'm clear on what some of the "new" exercises actually are ...
    I've looked them all up on the main exercise page here on Bodybuilding.com but they often have options or different names.

So, Tricep Press is same as skullcrusher?
    Pulldowns are wide grip lat pulldowns or straight arm pulldowns (does it matter?)?
    Leg curls are seated, standing or lying down?
    and I'm pretty sure seated calf press is same as seated calf raise?

(Can I pull out the "girl card" on this ? ... I really feel lame -- Ugh, did I just ask that?)
    Skull crushers or better still use a dumb bell or better still a tricep press bar.
    Any pull down or pull over that you want to try. If you don't like one just switch it after the cycle and try the other.
    I prefer lying leg curls. The seated ones never felt right. But again you have to try them and decide.
    And yes, seated calve press = seated calve raise.
    Of course you can pull the girl card!

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Skull crushers or better still use a dumb bell or better still a tricep press bar.
    Any pull down or pull over that you want to try. If you don't like one just switch it after the cycle and try the other.
    I prefer lying leg curls. The seated ones never felt right. But again you have to try them and decide.
    And yes, seated calve press = seated calve raise.
    Of course you can pull the girl card!
    Thanks again!

brb - gotta go look up Tricep Press Bar .....

muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleman17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wooo i did routine #2 and my glutes and legs and lower back are a little sore today ha. should have stretched a little more then i did. then again ive never done stiff legged deadlifts before.

dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    finally tested all my exercises. had to split it into 2 days because i suffered from tennis elbow over this weekend. Should be good to go on thursday.
    "Do what they won't do today so you can do what they can't tomorrow"
    "Shut up and squat"

kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    *Posting in an EPIC thread*

I'll definitely try one of yours after I'm done with the program I am on.

I did Starting Strength for a few months, then 3 cycles of All Pro's beginner routine, and now I'm on Kris Gethin's stickied program.

As soon I am done, I'm definitely going to try one of yours for at least 3-4 months. I've LOVED the beginner routine but after 3 cycles, I got soooooooooo sick of doing the exact same routine (even in exact order of lifting). I could've walked to each station blind, in perfect order lol. But it was very very good and easy to track my progress that way.

Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000)
    I took a few measurements Sat.

I'm slowly working my way back to where I was before I got sick. The waist, well, I'm giving up on that for a while.

I have increased my chest by 1" within the last 5 weeks on the split program. I've noticed my freaking bra was tight and so is the bra top I workout in. Sooo I measured and sure enough............. increase! and I still weight less than I did at 35". I haven't gotten to 36" chest since I was at my heaviest weight about 12 years ago, and that was all fat, which was only 129lbs but still, that's too heavy for me if I'm not working out.

Now, if I could only do something about the boobs. hehehe
    ~Moosifee~

"Yes, if you squat wrong it f**ks things up. If you squat correctly, those same f***ed-up things will unf**k themselves." -- Mark Rippetoe

5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 5setsof5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nice workout... i might have to give it a try... thanks bro.
    Coop

Originally Posted by Deviant Motive View Post
    I took a few measurements Sat.

I'm slowly working my way back to where I was before I got sick. The waist, well, I'm giving up on that for a while.

I have increased my chest by 1" within the last 5 weeks on the split program. I've noticed my freaking bra was tight and so is the bra top I workout in. Sooo I measured and sure enough............. increase! and I still weight less than I did at 35". I haven't gotten to 36" chest since I was at my heaviest weight about 12 years ago, and that was all fat, which was only 129lbs but still, that's too heavy for me if I'm not working out.

Now, if I could only do something about the boobs. hehehe
    Just so long as your waist isn't expanding you're doing fine. I'm betting that as those lower body lifts get heavier your waist tightens up.
    I've checked through all of my note books and I'm sorry to report that I can't find anything in them about increasing a woman's cup size.

green(bean)machine brandibopeep's Avatar
    brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've checked through all of my note books and I'm sorry to report that I can't find anything in them about increasing a woman's cup size.
    S.O.B! Just when I was convinced you could perform miracles you drop that one on us!
    Oh well I *guess* I'll just be content with your programs that have improved all of the other parts of my body

Originally Posted by brandibopeep View Post
    S.O.B! Just when I was convinced you could perform miracles you drop that one on us!
    Oh well I *guess* I'll just be content with your programs that have improved all of the other parts of my body
    I literally did LOL!

Originally Posted by brandibopeep View Post
    Right?!?!
    Sheesh.

Can you just confirm that I've got this right ...

for workout 2, I'm going to start with the ABA BAB schema for maybe the first cycle and then I'm going to ABAB - yay. But with the ABA BAB etc., I'm assuming we increase reps not weekly, but after two workouts of each. So ABA B/AB AB/A, etc. where the "/" indicates a rep increase. Is that right?

Thanks!
    Last edited by thedogdidit; 06-06-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: took out a confusing slash ....

Originally Posted by thedogdidit View Post
    Can you just confirm that I've got this right ...

for workout 2, I'm going to start with the ABA BAB schema for maybe the first cycle and then I'm going to AB/AB - yay. But with the ABA BAB etc., I'm assuming we increase reps not weekly, but after two workouts of each. So ABA B/AB AB/A, etc. where the "/" indicates a rep increase. Is that right?

Thanks!
    You got it right. Do 2 work outs bump it. The split was intended to be done 4x per week but I know it's going to take some time to come up to speed on it. So 2 work outs for each rep target then increase it. If you think you're up to 4x per week go for it.

You got it right. Do 2 work outs bump it. The split was intended to be done 4x per week but I know it's going to take some time to come up to speed on it. So 2 work outs for each rep target then increase it. If you think you're up to 4x per week go for it.
    Thanks!

I played around with it a bit on Saturday, determining my starting reps for the "new" exercises and throwing in a few of the old stuff, too. Just kind of a fun workout ... but I'm still a little sore today....
    So, yeah, I think maybe I'll do the ABA BAB thing for one cycle but I am looking forward to ABAB in the future.

Just so long as your waist isn't expanding you're doing fine. I'm betting that as those lower body lifts get heavier your waist tightens up.
    bahahahaha !!
    ~Moosifee~

Originally Posted by Deviant Motive View Post
    bahahahaha !!
    I thought you'd enjoy that!

Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Acetyl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Any recommendations if I want to do proper deadlifts 1 day a week?

ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    adjusting my routine right before i go to bed...can't phuckin' wait
    FLAT: 225x11 INCLINE DB 100x9 incline bench 225x8 deadlift: [RETIRED!! OUTTA HERE] FS: 225X8

kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kc0716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey All Pro.

For Lat assistance work, would assisted pull up machine be better than lat pulldown?

Also, for triceps, I've been using skullcrushers from your beginner's routine and I want to try close-grip bench press since it will obviously let me use more weight. Do you think skullcrushers are better?

Originally Posted by kc0716 View Post
    Hey All Pro.

For Lat assistance work, would assisted pull up machine be better than lat pulldown?

Also, for triceps, I've been using skullcrushers from your beginner's routine and I want to try close-grip bench press since it will obviously let me use more weight. Do you think skullcrushers are better?
    Personally I don't like nose breakers.....erm I mean skull crushers. I would replace them with hammer grip dumb bell press or a tricep press using a tricep press bar or a dumb bell. If you use the hammer grip dumb bell press you wont even think about using a close grip bench press. Try it.
    For lats....I don't like machines. It's that simple. I'd rather use a cable pull down of some sort.

dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tennis Elbow. Just checking that resting and avoiding the area is the only remedy??
    "Do what they won't do today so you can do what they can't tomorrow"
    "Shut up and squat"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    all pro - I've been using something like your Inter-1 for a few months now. I got it from reading your posts in an argument thread about training fibre types. It has worked out well for me - I'd like to post results but I've been cutting so it wouldn't be representative. Suffice to say I've improved most of my lifts while losing weight steadily.

I can see that there was a little more to it than I thought! I am looking forward to using the progression you have designed when I am eating at a caloric surplus again! Thanks bud.

green(bean)machine brandibopeep's Avatar
    brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Questions about Intermediate 1
    -how many assistance exercises is too few/too many?
    -do you start with your estimated 5rm for the main lifts and something like your 10rm for the assistance work?
    -pulling the "girl card" and being that my numbers are sissified I would add 5lbs as opposed to 10 when progressing(read that) but what about the when you start a new cycle if I didn't get the reps...would I drop back 15lbs instead of 30? That part confuses me.
    -I know that week 4 is a deload but is week 1 as well?

After reading thru the intermediate programs I decided to go ahead and switch from the beginner program to this. I was about to start my 4th week of cycle 8. I had failed to get the reps for some of them and was starting to get a bit bored/tired. I feel weird about not finshing it but as soon I did workout1 of Intermediate1 on Monday I knew I had made the right decision! At first I wasn't interested in switching from working out 3x to 2x. BUT with the summer here and kids being out of school etc. working out 2x was looking better and better. Also, don't know if it was physical(pushing 40 years old here) or psychological but the 3x a week was starting to leave me feeling unrecovered. Anyway, I am excited about Intermediate1. I was slightly intimidated by the 5rep sets but I got over it . I also like the 2 different rep ranges for the main lifts/assistance work. ANd I LOVE that I can add whatever assistance work I need although I am a little too excited and afraid I added too many .

Thank you AllPro for being the brains behind all of these programs. Programming/training theory continue to blow my mind and be overwhelming when I try to learn about them and I (in spite of being blond) am a semi-intelligent person. It amazes me how generous you are with your knowledge and how patient you are with your answers. Again, THANK YOU.
    ~BrandiBopeep

Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lokko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey allpro can you or someone make a spreadsheat out of this to make it easier to read and follow? Thanks bud!