ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Will I lose muscle if I do too much cardio?

Hello, this is my first post here. I just wanted to find out some info on the above question... I play soccer and must maintain good stamina. This comes from jogging about 5-7 miles 3 days a week. I am getting into building muscle and weight lifting and was wondering if these two activies are counter productive.

LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ParkingTheBus View Post
    was wondering if these two activies are counter productive.
    no they are not, losing muscle will come from not having enough calories to keep your muscles fed.

Nonok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LoneWolf720 View Post
    no they are not, losing muscle will come from not having enough calories to keep your muscles fed.
    This. Eat a lot more. You can also look into HIIT which is great for fat-loss while retaining muscle. It might not be useful to you since you care more about stamina though.

gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nonok View Post
    This. Eat a lot more. You can also look into HIIT which is great for fat-loss while retaining muscle. It might not be useful to you since you care more about stamina though.
    or destroy his joints. OP, just eat enough. there's always a limit but your not trying to push elite either way ie (massively huge/strong vs elite level endurance). Also if you are young sometimes you just can't put on weight. Don't worry about it.

ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkingTheBus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, good information here. Since I started working out/ getting into shape for soccer a month ago, I have been eating lots of meats, carbs and protein. I also have cut out lots of fatty and high sugar foods. I also work part-time when not in school at a warehouse so I need to keep in shape.

I have been using whey/casein and creatine and have been noticing good results. 2 weeks ago I was curling 20's, today I brought it up to 35.

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ParkingTheBus View Post
    Hello, this is my first post here. I just wanted to find out some info on the above question... I play soccer and must maintain good stamina. This comes from jogging about 5-7 miles 3 days a week. I am getting into building muscle and weight lifting and was wondering if these two activies are counter productive.
    Depending on which you do more or put more effort in is where you will be better with. If you run a lot and lift very little then you will be very thin and have high stamina. Watch your calories and try to take in more than you burn and you can gain muscle and weight. Most soccer players are skinny or have very low bodyfat, where somebody who plays football tends to run less and will be much larger.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!
    =============================================

iawarner is not very well liked. (-100) iawarner is not very well liked. (-100) iawarner is not very well liked. (-100) iawarner is not very well liked. (-100) iawarner is not very well liked. (-100) iawarner is not very well liked. (-100) iawarner is not very well liked. (-100) iawarner is not very well liked. (-100) iawarner is not very well liked. (-100) iawarner is not very well liked. (-100) iawarner is not very well liked. (-100)
    i do not understand why you jog all those miles all those days. At most you should do that once a week and even that migh be pushing it. Soccer you do travel many miles throughout the whole game. It is not like that though. You show me a soccer game where you jog slow for 7 miles. It does not work like that.

Soccer is a sport of speed endurance. You sprint hard, jog for a little bit then walk as the ball is away from you. In that time that the ball is away you need to revcover fast so you can get ready to sprint again. That is how you really should be training. If you train like that you will be using the muscle mass you work so hard to gain properly. You will also be much more prepared to play soccer.

CoverGround.ca