ws6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is your HR when doing HIIT

I pretty new to HIIT, well actually very new to HIIT, but not to bodybuilding. When I do my HIIT my heart rate goes up to about 180 and then when I do low intensity it only drops to 150-160.

Should I wait more so it drops lower ??
    I do 5min warmup 15/45 seconds for 8-10 minutes and 5 min cooldown

htr2001ss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do HIIT as well, but I also enjoy mixing in some running and other forms. I do my HIIT in the mornings on non lifting days. I am 36 which I think also makes a differnece on your heart rate, so this may not be an apples to apples comparison...

I When I get on the bike first thing, my rate is sitting between 75 - 90 usually, when I get into my last 30 second sprint I generally hit between 150 and 160. I'd be afraid to go over 160, but again, that may be age related. I also notice that when I go into my 'active rest period' that my HR will actually go up a few more points befre dropping again.

Again, I'm no expert but I'd say that you are about right in terms of the range its dropping and then climbing when you are sprinting. Overall it seems a bit high on the low and High intesity side, but I am betting again that is realted to your age verses mine and your particular HIIT scheme.

You may want to also do a search and see if you can find a HR guide that may give you some additonal guidance on where your 'sweet spot' should be. I knoew ther have been some good articles writen that I found here, but I don't have the links handy.

Its a great question that I have also wondered about so input from others with more knowlege here would be great.

blockhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to find what your max heart rate should be take the number 220-your age.

ws6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey thanks for the responses.
    I'm 24 so I guess my heart rate would be a little different, it actually also goes up slightly as soon as I finish high intensity, then it drops. I know when I did boxing my HR was definately up there also, it felt the same way