Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Red face Other butt exercises?

Hello everyone, Happy Memorial day!

For my lower body (legs, butt and thighs) I do lots of lunges and squats, it is working on my legs and they are getting tighter and a bit sculpted, but my behind is still jiggly and a bit saggy, any other exercises to lift it up and tighten it? Your help is so much appreciated.

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lots of exercises for the glutes to choose from http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise.../muscle/glutes
    Niece: "How can you be immune to cars? Even like, a Ferrari?"

My 'From Scrawny to Oh God Please Not So Scrawny' journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=691717541

Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Trivine1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by goalorientgirl View Post
    Lots of exercises for the glutes to choose from http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise.../muscle/glutes

Thank you so much goalorientgirl!

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Trivine1 View Post

For my lower body (legs, butt and thighs) I do lots of lunges and squats, it is working on my legs and they are getting tighter and a bit sculpted, but my behind is still jiggly and a bit saggy, any other exercises to lift it up and tighten it? Your help is so much appreciated.
    Specific exercises may help with "saggy" to an extent, but "jiggly" indicates excess fat. Which all goes back to consistently eating less than you burn.

I store most of my fat on my ass, too. For me not to jiggle there, I have to be pretty lean overall. Veiny, sunken in cheek, shredded six pack lean.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Specific exercises may help with "saggy" to an extent, but "jiggly" indicates excess fat. Which all goes back to consistently eating less than you burn.

I store most of my fat on my ass, too. For me not to jiggle there, I have to be pretty lean overall. Veiny, sunken in cheek, shredded six pack lean.

Me too!! my behind is the last part in my body that loses fat, by the time I get there my face gets hollow, my ribs would be showing, it's very frustrating. But then again, I haven't been good with my diet the past 4 days, it's PMS and I'm always hungry and I did have jelly beans! I always get some during PMS :-s

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are going to have to eventually bulk to build up the glutes enough to give it a good shape. You would surprised how well things will look after some bulk/cut cycles. It takes a while, but really the only true road to a fine ass. My butt is tons better after my bulk/cut - still not 100% where I want it, but I can see another bulk should bring me even closer.

Exercises - Squats as low as you can go, DLs, lunges, glute ham raises, and BB hip thrusts helped build my butt.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post

Ah but that jiggle can look darn good once enough mass has built up to eliminate the sagging

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Ah but that jiggle can look darn good once enough mass has built up to eliminate the sagging
    THIS!!!! ^^^^^^^

Sorry 'bout the drive-by... but I couldn't help myself!

green(bean)machine brandibopeep's Avatar
    brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    You are going to have to eventually bulk to build up the glutes enough to give it a good shape. You would surprised how well things will look after some bulk/cut cycles. It takes a while, but really the only true road to a fine ass. My butt is tons better after my bulk/cut - still not 100% where I want it, but I can see another bulk should bring me even closer.

Exercises - Squats as low as you can go, DLs, lunges, glute ham raises, and BB hip thrusts helped build my butt.
    ^^^^^^^ and make sure you concentrate on using your glutes during these exercises....I always imagine "pushing" thru my heels.

ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Trivine1 View Post

I personally hit my glutes 2x a week, because I had major issues getting them to respond, and let me say the past 2 months I have gained an amazing amount of strength....and if I do say so myself a nice butt "Shelf" lol. not to sound conceited.... this is my routine as of now.
    mondays: -wide walking lunges 3x 8 rep each side
    -plie dumbell squats 3x 15rep
    -bench step up w/dumbells 3x 15rep each side
    -45 leg press (targeting glutes) HEAVY weight 3x 8 rep
    -glute kickback 3x 15rep each side
    -one legged bridge 2x 15rep each side

then i do FRIDAYS:
    -plie squats 5x 15rep (moderate weight)
    -one legged bridge 3x 15 rep each side SUPERSET w/
    -wide walking lunges (moderate weight) 12 rep
    -normal bridge 3x 20 rep
    -wide stance deadlift 3x 12 rep
    -inner leg press machine thingy (idk what its called lol) 3x 15 rep

I hope this helps, one other thing, every time I do an excercise I focus on the glutes contracting throughout the entire move making sure I hit it, that helps ALOT. Also have been doing interval training on the stairmaster (to train for firefighter CPAT) and thats been helping a lot too, if you decide to do cardio to help "lean out" your jiggliness then Id go with the stairmaster, and press through the entire foot, the ball and heel, that will engage your entire leg. Good luck!
    Gaining weight, while looking great :D

Location: Richmond upon Thames, London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Same problem here lol.

Before training my lower body, I like to do 3-5 minutes of glute activation exercises. I was recently introduced to a lateral curtsey exercise, which I find very effective:

(although do it much slower for best results)

This activates the glutes diagonally, which is really important.

After this, I find exercises such as ATG squats, lunges (in particular, static lunges and reverse lunges), and Bulgarian split squats really good for hitting the glutes.

Hope that helps.
    Alis
    Women's Weightlifting
    Site: www.womensweightlifting.co.uk
    Twitter: @alisthelioness

Location: Richmond upon Thames, London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Haha, agreed!
    Alis
    Women's Weightlifting
    Site: www.womensweightlifting.co.uk
    Twitter: @alisthelioness

mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow ^ Jillian Michaels actually incorporates most of these exercises in her dvds-I think I'll be bringing them back!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    RDL's
    Zercher/Sumo squats
    Glute/hamm raises
    Goodmornings
    DB/BB step ups (the higer the step focuses on more glute/hamm area)
    DB/BB lunge (all variations)
    Cable pullthroughs
    BB hip thrusts
    Uphill sprints/running stairs/bleachers
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

nickys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nickys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Along with all the oldies and goodies (squats, deads, step ups) I also really feel it in my butt if I throw in some single-leg squats and single-leg deads (heavy a'course, might hold a 12-16kg kettlebell or something like that for either). Wooooo sore arse day after!

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awesome link to other, lesser known exercises

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...the_glute_myth
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Also good to note it's important to do lower back for the back/glute tie in...Kimm mentioned good mornings...reverser hyperextensions are good, too..

My current fave glute exercise is single leg squat on the smith machine. You put the working leg far out in front of you while balancing on the smith bar...lower and squeeze! It's killer...I can't even do it with weight (just the bar)..

perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my favorite glute exercise for the top of the butt...is the butt blaster machine with full extensions all the way up
    "Never be a prisoner of your own style." (Armin van Buuren)