Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

whacky's Workout Log

Introduction
    Hey everyone, I'm Justin, 22 years of age currently. I decided to start this workout log because I need something that I can commit and answer to, so this thread will serve that purpose. I'm also challenging myself to see how far I can get in 90 days. I am currently aiming to increase my size. A lot. The way I currently look is not something I wish to live with for the rest of my life.

Please pardon the poor formatting! Here are my current measurements...

Neck 15 in.
    Shoulder 18 in.
    Chest 33.5 in.
    Upper Arm 10 in.
    Lower Arm 9.5 in.
    Waist 29.5 in.
    Hip 36 in.
    Thigh 19 in.
    Calf 14.5 in.
    Weight 134.5 lbs
    Height 6'0"
    Workout
    I'm currently doing Stronglifts 5x5 and nothing else. My schedule is 2/4/6 currently, and I hope to maintain it as much as possible unless something terrible forces me to stop for a while. I've been on 5x5 for about 4 months or so, having to stop for about a month due to ulcer on the uvula which terribly hindered my daily calorie intake.

My best weights lifted so far:
    Squats: 60kg / 132lbs
    Bench Press: 40kg / 88lbs
    Barbell Rows: 45kg / 99lbs
    Overhead Press: 30kg / 66lbs
    Deadlifts: 85kg / 187lbs

However, I'm not sure if my form is accurate or not, so I'll be doing a form check within the next few days or so.

Goals
    I aim to bulk up in size first, because with how small I am currently I'm sure I won't be able to get far in weightlifting either. My ultimate goal is of course, a body that I can be proud of to say I achieved through hard work. Is aiming to increase one inch around my arms and two inches around my chest too modest for a three month goal?

Difficulties
    Nutrition. Definitely nutrition. My daily appetite is really fluctuating and I struggle to meet my daily requirements occasionally, or maybe always. That's the main reason why I've been stuck in this frame for the past 22 years.

At the same time, I face eating anxiety outdoors, so eating in public is terribly difficult for me that I choose to starve myself than eat sometimes. It's been an issue that has plagued me for almost 10 years now, and I'm continuing to deal with it through multiple therapy sessions and counseling. The basic living necessity made so difficult. I don't even know what to do or think of myself at times. Also, with most of my meals being purchased from stalls outside (takeaways) instead of home cooked, I can't really track what I'm putting into my body.

What I am trying to do is to increase it slowly through liquid calories where possible. I've ordered my very first tub of protein powder to help reach my daily requirements, and am going to discipline myself to wake earlier (10am > 8am or earlier -- I should probably wake even earlier shouldn't I?) so that I can potentially eat more throughout the day. I'm going to start the day off with a modest two glasses of milk and perhaps some Weet-bix or something. I really don't get how some of you eat so much for breakfast. It astounds me, but I'll take it slow. I'm also going to attempt to learn to cook (hopefully I don't burn the house down) and create some meals for myself so that I can better track at least some meals that I consume.

Conclusion
    I've never wanted so badly in my life to gain size and be fitter. Seeing friends and people around me being large and muscular is my primary factor to try and do the same. This would most likely entail many lifestyle changes for me, but I'm willing to give it a shot, because hey, if you don't try, you won't know, right?

I really appreciate any advice or feedback if any of you have any. Sorry for the long post! I always have this tendency to rant on and on once I type. I'll uh, try to post an image of myself soon. Am a little embarrassed considering how everyone is so fit here but since I've started, might as well go all the way.

tl;dr - Doing 5x5. Want to bulk. Meeting daily calorie needs is biggest issue. Appreciate any advice or feedback.

whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10) whackybeanz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    02 Jun '14

Feeling for the day
    One word: Tiring. It's most likely because I slept at about 1am and woke at 7:30am, which was the time exam results were released. I always get easily woken on these particular occasions :/ This tiredness set in two hours after I got up and about, and has pretty much lasted till now. Will take note of what time I sleep and wake and be more careful. I usually excel with 9 hours of sleep.

Protein powder has arrived, yeah! Forgot to buy shaker bottle, dang. Shall purchase tomorrow morning. Tomorrow's workout day! Looking forward to it.

Nutrition
    I fell short of carbs by quite a significant amount (87g) according to MyFitnessPal. It's partially due to me almost completely starving myself while in college for studies and feeling completely not hungry at all. I will continue working to eating more everyday. Aiming for 2.5k calories a day which seems to already be a challenge.

Some Questions
    1) Are raisins a good way of adding carbs? I was intending on eating one box (~1.5oz per box) daily.
    2) Is glucolin a good way of adding carbs? I was advised to get this to cover the lacking carbs, and since liquid calories are pretty convenient and easy for me to consume I was thinking this would be a viable option...

03 Jun '14

Feeling for the day
    It started off pretty well. Slept about 8 hours and felt relatively more energetic. Bought glucolin to help up carbs in terms of liquid calories. However I'm currently feeling a little down because I got into a minor quarrel with a friend of mine on whether I should carry on weightlifting or not. He mentioned safety reasons and how it may cause health related issues. It ended with him being royally pissed off with me because of how I was stubborn and just said I would stick to what I'm doing. Did I do something wrong? :/

Workout progress
    Squat
    60kg/132lbs: 5x5

Notes: I actually managed to do 60kg with relative ease. Huh. I surprise myself sometimes.

Press
    30kg/66lbs: 1x3, drop weight
    27kg/60lbs: 2x5, 3x4

Notes: I have no idea what happened but I'm quite disappointed. I don't know what happened to my presses today when I was supposed to do 30kg. Completely lost the strength for 30kg and couldn't even do 1x5. Just... ugh.

Deadlift
    85kg/187lbs: 1x5

Notes: I think I actually executed this with very poor form based on the recording I did. I'll request for a form check once I can get this damn USB cable to work to transfer the videos from my phone to the computer.

Nutrition
    Once again I fall short of my nutritional requirements. I think it may be because of the milk I drink in the morning. Makes me feel full for several hours even if I don't eat anything with the milk. Will drink milk in the night instead and see how it goes.

Bought Glucolin and wow is this thing sweet or what? It's enough to serve as dessert. Also drank my first protein shake in years. Tasted better than I thought. Maybe it was blended a lot better this time. Recall having lumps of protein left previously -- was the worst experience drinking it. Ever.

Other Notes
    I promised putting some pictures. They're all stuck in my phone and the stupid USB cable isn't working right. The videos for form checks are also in there. Argh. I'll try to get these sorted out by this week. Want to make sure I'm doing everything good and avoid injuries as much as possible.

05 Jun '14

Feeling for the day
    Today was not too bad, although appetite suffered terribly. It seems to just go downhill as the afternoon rolls around up till the time it's post-workout, then everything just changes and I can eat quite a bit. Maybe I should try working out earlier?

Workout progress
    Squat:
    50kg/110lbs: 2x5
    55kg/121lbs: 5x5

Notes: I actually deloaded from my previous squat. Why? It's because I changed my form and I wasn't sure whether I could do the same weight again. Maybe it was a stupid choice for not trying 62.5kg first. Hm. But anyway, I realized after 2 sets that 50kg was a little too easy even with the different form, so I upped it to 55kg and did a full five sets after.

Bench Press
    37.5kg/82lbs: 4x5, 1x4

Notes: Gah. Failed on my last rep. The person spotting me said that I shouldn't be holding my breath when I press the BB up. I thought we should hold our breath to maintain tightness? Which is right?

Barbell Row
    42.5kg/93lbs: 5x5

Notes: My best is 47.5kg. However, I changed my rows from Pendlay rows to standing barbell rows instead, hence I deloaded. Even at 42.5kg, my thighs were trembling crazily from the third rep on for almost each set.

Overall notes: My lower back feels like it's gone through a beating today. Before I even managed to complete the five sets of rows I already felt aches on the lower back. I guess it's a good sign something I did today worked?

Nutrition
    Once again, fell short of requirements. It seems like most of the shortfall comes from carbs. It's always somewhere around 70 to 100g short by the end of the day while protein and fats are somewhere in the 20s at worst. Started a thread to see how others increased their appetite and eating ability to gain some insight and tips I could apply to my own daily life.

Other Notes
    I finally managed to get photos and videos transferred from my phone to the computer, so I've begun doing a form check. I'm... terribly embarrassed to upload my before pics because of how skeletal I look. Worse, the three to four months I was on 5x5 prior to starting this thread didn't really show on my body. I really am terribly lacking in the calories side. Sigh. Pics should be up in a bit. I really do want to see a better improvement than nothing by the end of this three months. Gotta work harder.

Edit: Okay so here are my pics. I just realized I can't upload images to the first post since it's locked down. Even I can't stand my skinny photos. Ugh. Must work hard to make this bulk successful!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by whackybeanz; 06-05-2014 at 09:45 AM.

07 Jun '14

Weight Check
    Aw yeah! I'm almost back to 62kg which is the highest I've ever been at. Weighed in at 61.3kg which is not too shabby for my standards, but I have a long way to go. First goal: 65kg.

Workout progress
    This is probably the period of time where I need to get my form right before anything else, so the weights I use seems to keep fluctuating. I've been watching ICF videos to better understand what form I should adopt.

Squats
    57.5kg/126lbs: 5x5

Notes: Was not too difficult. Should be on one plate per side next session.

Shoulder Press
    25kg/55lbs: 5,5,3,5,4

Notes: I have no freaking idea what's wrong with me. Every time I need to do shoulder presses the weight I use seems to keep going down and I still can't get 5x5. Argh. Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have wussed out and should've carried on with 27.5kg even if I couldn't hit the first set of 5, right? :/

Deadlift

Notes: Hit my personal best again, but it seems like I'll need to drop the weight until I can execute it in proper form. Body wasn't tight prior to lifting, was using more of the lower back to lift and it was pretty obvious in the recording I did. Darn. 90kg, I'll get you another day.

Overall Notes: I was intending on extending from 5x5 to ICF since it also encompasses the basic lifts alongside several accessory lifts. I do have the time to spare at the gym anyway. Is that a good idea?

Nutrition
    Finding ways to meet my daily carbs requirement since this is where majority of the shortfall is at. If I want to hit that 65kg I must get this done.

10 Jun '14

Posting this a little late this time! Was so busy doing assignments that by the time I was done I just headed to bed before realizing I hadn't written my log. Here goes!

Workout progress
    I've extended 5x5 and now am on ICF's 5x5, since it utilizes the same lifts and more. It's my first time doing it but I tried to make the weights as challenging as possible without losing form. Here's my stats for the day:

Squats

Bench
    37.5kg/82lbs: 5x5

Bent Over Row
    45kg/99lbs: 5x5

Barbell Shrug
    40kg/88lbs: 3x8

Tricep Extension
    15kg/33lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,5,2

Hyperextensions
    BW: 2x10

Cable Crunches
    15kg/33lbs: 3x10

Overall Notes: Clearly my arms are the weakest! Gotta develop them the most. That's also probably why I have such tiny arms. My biceps still feel the soreness from yesterday's workout, and I can't even curl 3x8 using an empty bar! The entire workout just felt great overall, had fun doing it, will continue doing so. Glad that I've managed to progress for Squats and Bench, will have a new personal best for Squats tomorrow if I can do 5x5.

Nutrition
    I seem to be getting closer to covering the shortfall on carbs but I'll have to find ways to get breakfast in sooner than now. Currently it takes me up to past 1 hour from wake time before my first meal. Maybe oatmeal would do the trick?

12 Jun '14

Feeling for the day
    I probably screwed myself over by having less than my usual amount of sleep because I decided to have some late night gaming session. Yeah, totally disciplined. A little disappointed at how I didn't manage to clear Shoulder Presses for the day but I only have myself to blame.

Workout progress
    Squats

Deadlift
    70kg/154lbs: 1x5

Shoulder Press
    25kg/55lbs: 5,5,5,4,5

Bent Over Row
    40kg/88lbs: 5x5

Close Grip Bench Press
    20kg/44lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,5,3

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Forgot progression is every other time so Squats stagnates at 60kg.
    - Deadlift form seems to still be off. My hips tend to move up first before the lifting actually begins. Gotta work on that.
    - First time doing close grip benches so I started with an empty bar to get the hang of utilizing only triceps. It burned by the end of the 3 sets.
    - One more rep of curls done from the previous session. Yay?

mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10) mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10) mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10) mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10) mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10) mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10) mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10) mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10) mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10) mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10) mileshdez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've never heard of public eating anxiety before... must be tough. I, too, just recently starting lifting, and it's good to see somebody else who's starting small. Good luck, I'm in!

^ Thank you! I appreciate it. Yeah, it's hard to deal with since I need to organize my meals around it, and being out for hours on end can be... tricky.

14 Jun '14

Weight Check
    62.7kg/138lbs: Okay, I'm a little skeptical about this. Maybe it was the late night meal I had which hasn't come out of my body yet. Regardless, weight increase is always appreciated! Will continue working towards that goal of 65kg.

Feeling for the day
    Started off tired, because I've been spending late nights either gaming (stupid me) or doing projects, which also meant late dinners and stuff. I was worried I wouldn't be able to clear my reps today, but for some reason, in the gym, the instant I started, I felt really pumped and ready to do it. Got really friendly (I'm usually very quiet around) and spoke to people between my rest sets. The entire experience in the gym today felt amazing.

Workout progress
    Squats
    62.5kg/137lbs: 5x5

Bench
    37.5kg/82lbs: 5x5

Bent Over Row

Barbell Shrug

Tricep Extension
    15kg/33lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,4,2

Hyperextensions
    BW: 2x10

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    Other than curls, everything went smoother than expected. Will keep challenging myself by adding weight where possible.

17 Jun '14

Workout progress
    Squats
    62.5kg/137lbs: 5x5

Deadlift
    70kg/154lbs: 1x5

Shoulder Press
    25kg/55lbs: 5x5

Bent Over Row

Close Grip Bench Press
    22.5kg/49lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,4,4

Cable Crunches
    20kg/44lbs: 3x10

Overall Notes:
    - Squats to progress to 65kg, which is a new PR. Can't wait.
    - I think I'm finally getting the hang of deadlift form, but I'm still not sure if it's completely right. Will upload the next recording that I do for deadlifts.
    - Shoulder Presses: FINALLY. One more time at 25kg and I can finally progress. Can't wait to bring the weights up for this.
    - Will probably be stuck at 20kg for cable crunches for quite a while.

Nutrition
    The past few days have been very rough for me. I go out for project work somewhere around noon and am out for hours, usually reaching home only just after midnight. This also meant my meals were severely compromised in terms of both quality and quantity, but I tried to cover for it by eating as much as I could when I reached home. I really hope the next weigh in won't get severely affected due to this... I really need to find some convenient meals I can bring on the go. Gotta plan for all these once this hectic semester is over, which is just a few days more. Can't wait.

19 Jun '14

Workout progress
    Squats
    65kg/143lbs: 5x5

Bench

Bent Over Row
    47.5kg/104lbs: 5x5

Barbell Shrug
    42.5kg/93lbs: 3x8

Tricep Extension

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,4,2

Hyperextensions
    BW+2.5kg: 2x10

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Curls seems to be suffering today. Unsure why.
    - It took me until today to realize I could actually load the tricep extension/cable crunch machine by 2.5kg instead of 5kg. Will drop tricep extension to 17.5kg the next time I do it. Unsure if I should drop cable crunches because I seem to be doing semi well so far. Any opinions?

21 Jun '14

Weight Check
    63.4kg/139lbs: Good to see weight increase, but I'll need to weigh myself when I wake instead for better accuracy. The weight gain may be attributed to food beforehand. Need to get a weighing scale.

Workout progress
    Squats
    65kg/143lbs: 5x5

Deadlift
    75kg/165lbs: 1x5

Shoulder Press
    25kg/55lbs: 5x5

Bent Over Row

Close Grip Bench Press
    25kg/55lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,6,3

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Shall post form check for Squats, Deadlift tomorrow.
    - Can finally increase weight for Shoulder Press. Awesome.
    - Will probably go back to routine progression for CGBP from next time on since it's getting tougher now.

I also intended to post images of my progress fortnightly but got a little late this time. Will post the next one probably 3 weeks from now. Not much of observable change... I think.
    Attached Images

24 Jun '14

Workout progress
    Squats
    67.5kg/148lbs: 5x5

Bench

Bent Over Row

Barbell Shrug

Tricep Extension
    17.5kg/38lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,7,3

Hyperextensions
    BW+5kg: 2x10

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Was pretty tired today and got really worried I'd screw my reps. Fortunately it seems my worries were unfounded!
    - I seem to have the tendency to zone out while doing reps and miscount. Guess it's a good thing I'm doing more reps than necessary?
    - I can smell the second successful set of Curls coming soon. Can't wait.
    - Lower back felt like it was dying after doing Hyperextensions. Craaaazy. Shall stick to this weight for some time.

EDIT:
    I forgot to update this slightly depressing news. I found out today that the barbells in my gym were 16.5kg, so 3.5kg shy of an Olympic barbell, which meant I was not lifting as heavy as I thought I was. Regardless, I'll keep using the bar since it's the only one they have for weightlifting. The weights used for the workouts from the next one will reflect this change to accurately monitor my progress. Sorry for the trouble. :/
    Last edited by whackybeanz; 06-26-2014 at 01:25 AM. Reason: 28 Jun? Hahahaha.

Double Edit: Just subtract 3.5kg from all barbell related lifts. Having a headache tracking my lifts with all these damn changes.

26 Jun '14

Workout progress
    Squats

Deadlift
    75kg/165lbs: 1x5

Shoulder Press
    27.5kg/60lbs: 5x5

Bent Over Row

Close Grip Bench Press
    27.5kg/60lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,7,4

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Just got home and I'm pretty burned. Feels like I've gone through a brutal workout of sorts. No pains, just slight soreness.

Triple Edit:
    Crap. Sometimes I get too excited and jump into workouts before fully understanding how it's supposed to work. I was actually following the overload routine intended for CUTTING, which isn't what I'm doing. Will increase load every single workout from here on out since that's what should be done.
    Last edited by whackybeanz; 06-27-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Remove 3.5kg/7lbs from all barbell lifts.

28 Jun '14

Weight Check
    64.1kg/141lbs

Workout progress
    Squats
    70kg/154lbs: 5x5

Bench

Bent Over Row
    50kg/110lbs: 5x5

Barbell Shrug
    45kg/99lbs: 3x8

Tricep Extension

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,7,4

Hyperextensions

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Sometimes, I get really worried I won't grow, both in strength and in aesthetics. Being really honest here. It's my ultimate goal, getting the body I desire with the strength to show for it. Yet when I look back at how small I've been for the past 22 years, I fear I'm stuck in this frame forever. Has anyone ever had that feeling? I understand this is meant to be a marathon but sometimes my thoughts can't help but stray.
    Last edited by whackybeanz; 06-29-2014 at 12:44 AM.

01 Jul '14

Workout progress
    Squats
    72.5kg/159lbs: 5x5

Deadlift
    80kg/176lbs: 1x5

Shoulder Press
    30kg/66lbs: 5x5

Bent Over Row

Close Grip Bench Press
    30kg/66lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,8,4

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - I almost destroyed myself by only sleeping 5 hours. Felt really tired by the time I was doing shoulder presses. Thankfully, I managed to trudge through it, which is also a lesson learned. Maybe age has also caught up to me?
    - Aw yeah second set of curls successfully done! Awesome. Looking forward to improving the third set to hit the same reps too.

03 Jul '14

Workout progress
    Squats
    75kg/165lbs: 5,5,5,4,5

Bench
    45kg/99lbs: 5,5,5,5,3

Bent Over Row
    52.5kg/115lbs: 5x5

Barbell Shrug
    47.5kg/104lbs: 3x8

Tricep Extension

Barbell Curl

Hyperextensions

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - First time since I started this log that I failed both Squats and Bench. I really hope this isn't the start of stalling.

- I'm feeling as though my form for rows is breaking down. Shall do a form check soon.

-----------------

I never did mention my lifting goals once, because I was previously lifting without an aim, just looking to increase my strength. However, now that I'm more into this, here's my goals for the basic lifts that I'm looking forward to, by the end of August. Is this achievable within the time frame, too easy, or too much of a stretch? Regardless, I'll be pushing myself to get these goals.

Squats: 85kg/187lbs
    Bench: 52.5kg/115lbs
    Rows: 65kg/143lbs
    Shoulder Press: 40kg/88lbs
    Deadlift: 100kg/220lbs

05 Jul '14

Workout progress
    Squats
    75kg/165lbs: 5x5

Deadlift

Shoulder Press
    32.5kg/71lbs: 5x5

Bent Over Row

Close Grip Bench Press
    32.5kg/71lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - After understanding the fact that rest is variable and not fixed (but still within 3-5 minutes) I managed to clear 75kg.
    - Most of my lifts are still going up. Cable crunch may go up to 22.5 next.
    - Won't be lifting for one week until 15 July due to military commitments.

Also, I figured since I never really spoke about my public eating anxiety thing, I may as well speak about it before I go back to camp for a week. Will post it tomorrow.

The post ended up way too long. I don't want to stretch this thread which is meant to be a training log. Here's the post:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1265552881

14 Jul '14
    I'm back after a week off. My schedule is now 1-3-5, to accommodate for the upcoming semester workload.

Weight Check
    64.6kg/142.4lbs: I'm honestly very surprised. I had the rockiest first two days in camp (didn't eat anything), and I doubt I ever reached the daily macro requirements throughout the days I was in camp. Having my weight not just stay the same but increase is something I would've expected last. I was expecting a 2kg drop, but hey, I'll take what I got. Getting closer to 65kg.

Training progress
    Squats
    77.5kg/170lbs: 4,5,4,3,2

Bench
    45kg/99lbs: 5,5,5,5,3

Bent Over Row

Barbell Shrug
    50kg/110lbs: 3x8

Skullcrushers
    20kg/44lbs: 8,6,5

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,8,5

Hyperextensions
    BW+6.25kg: 2x10

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Squats was poor this time. Weights to repeat next session.
    - Bench to reset to 40kg due to consecutive failures.
    - Decreased Rows to 50kg because I was clearly cheating my way at 55kg, and I was not too pleased with 52.5kg either.
    - First time doing Skullcrushers using a barbell. Is it really meant to be that difficult? Holy crap. I'll look up videos on the proper form to do this. Hopefully I'll get better over the sessions.
    - Curls last set reps slowly increasing. Looking forward to 3x8.

Progress pics to come tomorrow in a new post.

As promised, progress pictures.

(1) I will be doing a BF% check with the rest because I really don't know what mine is. Looking at images around I think I may have been misled, so I'll have to double confirm.

(2) I think I have never been reaching the correct macro requirements, especially on the side of protein. This is possibly why I've been stalling and failing reps so early. I'll be doing macro tracking soon, after I get my TDEE sorted out and confirming my doubts on these.
    Attached Images

16 Jul '14
    My sincerest thanks to anyone who aided me in the multiple threads I posted over the day to better understand nutritional requirements and my BF%. Appreciate it!

Training progress
    Squats
    77.5kg/170lbs: 5,3,2,2,2

Deadlift
    90kg/198lbs: 1x5

Shoulder Press
    35kg/77lbs: 3,3,3,2,2

Bent Over Row

Close Grip Bench Press
    35kg/77lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,8,6

Cable Crunches
    22.5kg/49lbs: 3x10

Overall Notes:
    - The day I fail many sets. My muscles were feeling really tight but I did my best to push through my sets without dropping weights. Squats to reset to 67.5kg (ouch).

- PR for Deadlift. Awesome.

- Considering intensifying my bulk, although I'm not sure if my appetite can handle it. But hey, bulking is never easy isn't it.

18 Jul '14
    Posting this a day late 'cause I had issues logging in yesterday. All good now!

Training progress
    Squats

Bench

Bent Over Row

Barbell Shrug
    52.5kg/115lbs: 3x8

Skullcrushers

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,8,7

Hyperextensions
    BW+7.5kg: 2x10

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Having issues trying to do the Skullcrushers that is expected in the program. The top of the...triceps I believe strained very badly when I attempted to move the bar beyond my head and it was extremely difficult to recover from that position. For this time, I did Skullcrushers that bring the bar to the forehead instead. Will attempt the other version next session.

21 Jul '14
    Weight Check
    65.8kg/145lbs: For the first time in 22 years of my life, I've gone past 65kg! Also I gained slightly more than 1kg this time, so I may scale my bulk slightly back such that I don't gain too much fat instead.

Next goal: 70kg!

Training progress
    Squats
    70kg/154lbs: 5x5

Deadlift
    95kg/209lbs: 1x5

Shoulder Press
    35kg/77lbs: 5,5,5,5,3

Bent Over Row

Close Grip Bench Press
    37.5kg/82lbs: 3x8

Barbell Curl

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - PR for Deadlifts. I actually did 90kg for 2 reps before realizing it was the wrong weight. Struggled for the last 2 reps on 95kg but I still did it. Looking forward to the 2 plates next session!

- Presses were close to getting there but failed, unfortunately. Reset to 30kg.

- First time getting 3x8 on Barbell Curls! If I can succeed 3x8 the next time I do it, I'll up the weight to 22.5kg.

- Contemplating dropping Cable Crunches and doing abs on a separate day instead. We'll see.

23 Jul '14
    Training progress
    Squats
    72.5kg/159lbs: 5x5

Bench

Bent Over Row

Barbell Shrug
    55kg/121lbs: 3x8

Skullcrushers

Barbell Curl

Hyperextensions
    BW+8.75kg: 2x10

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Most of my rest times have been 2 minutes for accessories. Instead of increasing the weight for Barbell Curls, I'll be reducing my rest time to 1 minute per set.

- Skullcrushers: I think I managed to do what was required in the program, but I'll be doing a form check for this just in case.

- Admittedly, I have not been tracking what I eat, and I have a very strong feeling I've been shortchanging myself on protein. I'll be doing my best to record my macros for the next few months or so to keep track, though it's hard considering I have takeaways for three meals a day. Gotta learn to cook!

25 Jul '14
    Training progress
    Squats
    75kg/165lbs: 5x5

Deadlift
    100kg/220lbs: FAIL

Shoulder Press
    30kg/66lbs: 5x5

Bent Over Row

Close Grip Bench Press

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,8,5

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes
    - After looking at a recording of me doing the failed 100kg Deadlift, I cringed. My back would have snapped if I went any higher I think. Gotta work on perfecting that form! Weight to drop to 90kg next session while I work on form correction.

- Curls surprisingly did not fail as bad as I thought, despite me dropping rest to 1 minute between sets from 2 minutes. Will work on getting my three successful sets back before going up to 22.5kg.

- It's amazing how I either lack Carbs or Protein from day to day, but it's clear I lack Protein by quite a bit. I'll continue tracking and adjusting as the days go by.

28 Jul '14
    Weight Check
    66.4kg/146.3lbs: Still increasing. Great news for me as I continue working towards 70kg.

Training progress
    Squats
    77.5kg/170lbs: 5x5

Bench

Bent Over Row
    57.5kg/126lbs: 5x5

Barbell Shrug
    57.5kg/126lbs: 3x8

Skullcrushers

Barbell Curl
    20kg/44lbs: 8,8,7

Hyperextensions
    BW+10kg: 2x10

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - It seems like the reset really helped. Most of the weights today felt easier than what it was the previous time I did it.

- Most accessories have had their rest times slashed between 30 seconds to a minute to ramp up intensity. I'll be increasing the weight once I get the sets required.

- My arms and chest is perhaps the parts I want to work on the most, because they look small as heck. But there's a time for these, and I'll be patient. Although I really am pissed at how underdeveloped they look.

30 Jul '14
    Training progress
    Squats
    80kg/176lbs: 5x5

Deadlift
    90kg/198lbs: 1x5

Shoulder Press
    32.5kg/71lbs: 5x5

Bent Over Row

Close Grip Bench Press

Barbell Curl

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Squats felt off today. Form check for both Squats and DLs coming the next time I train, which is August 1.

- DLs didn't feel right either. Unfortunately, my phone died before I could record my 90kg set so I'll be doing that next time I enter the gym. Shouldn't interfere with the other exercises too much.

- May be switching Cable Crunches with something else. I'll see how another ab exercises compares against this because I don't really feel much from the crunches. Just me?

01 Aug '14
    Training progress
    Squats
    82.5kg/181lbs: 5,4,5,5,5

Bench

Bent Over Row
    60kg/132lbs: 5,5,4,3,5

Barbell Shrug
    60kg/132lbs: 3x8

Skullcrushers

Barbell Curl

Hyperextensions
    BW+10kg: 2x10

Cable Crunches

Overall Notes:
    - Second set of squats failed probably because I dropped too quickly on the last rep. The other sets were more controlled and I actually managed to push my way up. Should be able to clear it the next time I do this.

- Not happy with row form. I think I'm not activating the right muscles for this at all. Will be creating a form check thread that checks all the basic lifts by next Tuesday after getting a recording of my DLs.

- I finally found someone doing cable crunches, and I realized how I may have been doing it wrong all this while. I'll try what I observed the next time I do it, coming Monday.

- Progress pictures to come next Friday (8 Aug).

04 Aug '14
    Weight Check
    67.3kg/148.3lbs: I didn't expect myself to gain almost 1kg throughout the week. I've only been having approximately three meals and say a few snacks here and there each day... Well, I'll continue monitoring my weight gain!

Training progress
    Squats
    82.5kg/181lbs: 5x5

Deadlift
    95kg/209lbs: 1x5

Shoulder Press
    35kg/77lbs: 5x5

Bent Over Row

Close Grip Bench Press
    45kg/99lbs: 8,8,6

Barbell Curl
    22.5kg/49lbs: 8,8,2

Cable Crunches
    22.5kg/49lbs: 3x4 10

Overall Notes:
    - Not happy with deadlift form once again. I took a recording this time at 95kg, and will be posting a form check thread for all compounds shortly after this to get advice on what I should do here on out.

- Increased Curls (finally) to 22.5kg. Shall keep working to get 3x8.

- Shoulder Presses finally cleared 35kg, although my right shoulder feels a little off when I did it. I'll ask for advice for this as well in the form check thread.