frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

how to get rid of a "dominant" pec???

im right handed and my right pec is becoming more developed and i feel more of a squeeze in it when doing bench press

please help!!!
    im no different than anyone else in this world, just a little bit bigger-Ronnie Coleman

if you want success, you gotta want to succeed as bad as you wanna breath

frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frenchy1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bump.
    im no different than anyone else in this world, just a little bit bigger-Ronnie Coleman

Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    try switching from barbell to dumbbells?

i do both

Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try one handed smith machine presses?
    We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

I was born a shotgun in my hands. Behind the gun I'll make my final stand and that's why they call me Bad Company

Sensible Liberals for Trump 2016 Crew

KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I dont think doing one arm exercises will make it stronger/bigger??

By doing that you are keeping the imbalance going. Dumbells are great because they make each side work of their own accord, but for an imbalance, the strong side stays stronger and the lagging side stays, well lagging

By using barbell you are keeping the body in a more natural position, remember the body tries to keep everything balanced, my left pec is slightly bigger but my right lat is slightly bigger, my body trying to keep balanced!! Anywho, using a barbell encourages the muscles to work together, helping the lagging side catch up over time...

Saying that most people aren't perfectly symetrical so I wouldnt worry too much about it, just keep working out and it should sort itself out..
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

"It is ok to fail, it is not ok to give up" - Ghandi

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you" - Neil Young

"Cíunas bothár cailín baínne" - Patrick Kavanagh

Vigasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vigasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by frenchy1994 View Post
    im right handed and my right pec is becoming more developed and i feel more of a squeeze in it when doing bench press

please help!!!
    Everyone's body has slight differences in symmetry.

Just throwing it out there but couldn't you bench with a lower weight dumbbell on the bigger side?
    "If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Vigasan View Post
    Just throwing it out there but couldn't you bench with a lower weight dumbbell on the bigger side?
    Dont think that would be safe, especially if heavy weights are involved. You would be trying to keep balanced more on one side, causing muscular imbalance somewhere else...

But yeah, most of us are slightly unsymmetrical to a certain extent. Don't worry about it, no-one notices these things anyways...
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Originally Posted by KeeronMac View Post
    Dont think that would be safe, especially if heavy weights are involved. You would be trying to keep balanced more on one side, causing muscular imbalance somewhere else...

But yeah, most of us are slightly unsymmetrical to a certain extent. Don't worry about it, no-one notices these things anyways...
    but im wanting to compete when im older

Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KeeronMac View Post
    I dont think doing one arm exercises will make it stronger/bigger??

By doing that you are keeping the imbalance going. Dumbells are great because they make each side work of their own accord, but for an imbalance, the strong side stays stronger and the lagging side stays, well lagging
    I could see this if you took each arm to failure or max reps. Start exercise with weak arm, if you can only do 5 reps, then do 5 reps of same weight with dominant arm. Eventually they should even out.

I say a barbell will help keep imbalance going as the dominant arm will take over the press and "help" the weak arm. I see plenty of brahs at the gym that lock out the dominant arm and fall short with the weak arm on a BB press. Using the smith machine with one arm helps supports the weight so you should be able to get full ROM on both arms. Each their own...
    We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

I was born a shotgun in my hands. Behind the gun I'll make my final stand and that's why they call me Bad Company

Sensible Liberals for Trump 2016 Crew

Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I say a barbell will help keep imbalance going as the dominant arm will take over the press and "help" the weak arm. I see plenty of brahs at the gym that lock out the dominant arm and fall short with the weak arm on a BB press. Using the smith machine with one arm helps supports the weight so you should be able to get full ROM on both arms. Each their own...
    Well I see guys lock out strong arm first but can still lift with the other side?? I just thought that since both sides would be similar enough in strength, barbell would be better. I dont see how it would keep the imbalance going, if you stopped when your weak side was fatigued surely it would catch up over time??

Also you mentioned Smith machine, if you used both arms and could do more with one side, surely it would be assisting the weaker side with forced reps, helping to push it beyond what it could do on its own?? Just a thought??

OP maybe you should carry on with your workouts as usual and forget about the differences. Is it really that bad?? Sometimes we tend to think things are worse because we are the only ones that know its there?? I'm sure over time they will even up more...
    ***Irish Misc Crew***