derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What Would You Do?

I have a "coach/trainer" helping me out for my first bb show this summer. He approached me in the beginning of the year and said he's been watching me progress through the year and said I have good shape etc. saying that he can show me some things to tweak to get me in top shape. He offered his services for free (what to eat, rep/set range, POSING, etc) but I don't feel like his nutrition plan is working well for me...

He has his degree in nutrition (I don't), he's been doing this for 25+yrs (I haven't) and has multiple titles (I don't). I don't want to be one of those guys that only been at this for 3years and think I know more then him, but I'm not progressing as fast as I did when I did my own meal prep last year for my first cut. I'm at the half way mark and no way close to stage ready, I don't see how any kind of "tricks" are going to get me ready by my show.

My meal plan is low carb, high protein, which works best with me. He told me no red meat only fish or chicken, sweet potatoes, rice, veggies are my carbs (oats/grits morning) whole eggs, almonds, avocado are my fats I also eat egg whites and of course protein powders.

Now when I did my meal prep last year I mostly ate red meat (flank steak/sirloin) some chicken and little fish and got results faster. I am much fuller than when I did it, but I just feel there is too much work for such a short time. My question is what would some of you do in this situation?
    Never give up

Fight for what YOU believe in

Push past the threshold

Pain is only temporary, but glory last a lifetime

Instagram: @dp_808

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by derickp38 View Post
    I have a "coach/trainer" helping me out for my first bb show this summer. He approached me in the beginning of the year and said he's been watching me progress through the year and said I have good shape etc. saying that he can show me some things to tweak to get me in top shape. He offered his services for free (what to eat, rep/set range, POSING, etc) but I don't feel like his nutrition plan is working well for me...

He has his degree in nutrition (I don't), he's been doing this for 25+yrs (I haven't) and has multiple titles (I don't). I don't want to be one of those guys that only been at this for 3years and think I know more then him, but I'm not progressing as fast as I did when I did my own meal prep last year for my first cut. I'm at the half way mark and no way close to stage ready, I don't see how any kind of "tricks" are going to get me ready by my show.

My meal plan is low carb, high protein, which works best with me. He told me no red meat only fish or chicken, sweet potatoes, rice, veggies are my carbs (oats/grits morning) whole eggs, almonds, avocado are my fats I also eat egg whites and of course protein powders.

Now when I did my meal prep last year I mostly ate red meat (flank steak/sirloin) some chicken and little fish and got results faster. I am much fuller than when I did it, but I just feel there is too much work for such a short time. My question is what would some of you do in this situation?

If you've already had some success with your own method, and what you're doing now isn't working as well, the answer should be obvious.

The best information anyone can have is the feedback from his own body, providing he's experienced enough to be able to read and understand it.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    If you've already had some success with your own method, and what you're doing now isn't working as well, the answer should be obvious.

The best information anyone can have is the feedback from his own body, providing he's experienced enough to be able to read and understand it.
    Yea that's what I was thinking
    Never give up

Push past the threshold

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by derickp38 View Post
    He told me no red meat only fish or chicken
    if he has a degree in nutrition , then ask him to come up with a valid argument about no red meat .. what happens you eat it vs you dont. that statement makes no sense to me. I personally wouldnt trust old school coaches, some people have old knowledge and they dont update themselves. Just read latest info about nutrition that is avaliable and manage yourself . You dont have to be horse to be a jockey

melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont understand why he would be against red meats, as long as it was in your macros it literally shouldnt matter.

As said above, listen to your own body, and do what you feel is best for you.
    Official MuscleTech Representative

Anarchy Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    #Shatter SX-7 Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    Creactor Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Platinum Multivitamin Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Hydroxycut SX-7 Non- Stim Buy 2 Get 1 Free

RIP Dewey99

My protein recipe website - www.bakewithprotein.com

AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by melaneybh View Post
    I dont understand why he would be against red meats, as long as it was in your macros it literally shouldnt matter.
    It causes cancer.

notsrs
    My Powerlifting "Road To Manlet" Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129323

Instagram: a.camstra

Gym PR(KG): 195/130/220 @61KG Raw

Meet PR(KG): 185/117.5/200 @58.6KG

thanks everyone for the advice, I know I should listen to my body since I know what works best for it. I just didn't want to be one of those clients that takes what the coach gives them and completely alter it. I never understood that until now. I was the person saying if your coach is telling you to do this why not follow it, but now since I have one (kind of) I see the issue. What works for him might not work for me even though it worked for another client and so on.
    Never give up

Push past the threshold