lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Off season football workout with dumbbells?

So guys, I need to workout right now for the offseason, and I was wondering I only have 25 pound dumbbells, what could I do to help me go for middle linebacker/outside linebacker with these dumbbells? Any suggestions are helpful!

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not going to lie .... 25lb is not very heavy for doing much of anything. Dumbbells are great for balancing your strength but I would see if you can get access to heavier weights.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!
    =============================================

MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'd join a gym. You're probably gonna say "I can't afford it" or something similar, but the truth is, 25 pound dumbbells won't get you far. Harsh, but it's the truth.

JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCru13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lynx621 View Post
    So guys, I need to workout right now for the offseason, and I was wondering I only have 25 pound dumbbells, what could I do to help me go for middle linebacker/outside linebacker with these dumbbells? Any suggestions are helpful!
    I agree with the others! Either a gym or get more weight. Your drive is great, it's just that you won't be able to reach your potential with only 25lbs. Keep up the good work and good luck with football!
    - Jeff
    jeff@weighttraining.com
    http://www.weighttraining.com/

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    To be honest you could make some decent gains in terms of power and relative-strength. You probably won't see much in term of absolute strength but with the right exercises you could still improve strength and explosiveness, especially considering your age.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lynx621 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I talked to my parents, I can go to the gym, but what are the workouts I should do? I'm fairly weak(only reason I was playing d tackle is because of my leg muscles) and want to build up on the areas a middle/outside linebacker would play, so what could be some exercises? I will follow a program if needed!

moreweight11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well, I talked to my parents, I can go to the gym, but what are the workouts I should do? I'm fairly weak(only reason I was playing d tackle is because of my leg muscles) and want to build up on the areas a middle/outside linebacker would play, so what could be some exercises? I will follow a program if needed!

are you just starting to work out or do you have an idea on what to do

DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I suggest you start WS4B3 heres the link:http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part3.html or Ripptoes 3x5:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131379243

Both Programs are good just pick one and stick to it and eat 500-1000 calories above your maintenance and check your progress in the mirror and weight every month or so! and you should be well on your way to a successful football season which I am for myself also!

MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100)
    Experiment with different programs and do what works best for YOU.

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I play Defensive End and Tight End. Each Offseason you want to try to Bulk up and get faster. with 25 pound dumbells you won't get anywhere. You can build muscle endurance but that wont help with 25's.

If you dont want to buy a gym membership then i suggest trying CrossFit. My coach has them over the offseason for people who don't play sports. It would be in your best interest to get a gym membership.

As to getting faster i would try to buy a few resistance bands. That will get your fast twitch muscle fibers a little bit faster making you run faster. The common misconception is that you run faster based on how fast you move your legs. FALSE. You can only move your legs as fast as your fast twitch muscle fibers will let you. training them will help. There is a site called like AthleteQuickness with band training for football.

But yeah gym membership + lots of food + resistance Band Training = Beast LB.

Used to play Quarterback and nothing else was worse than a fast LB.
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *6'3" Master Race Crew*
    *6 Figs Crew*

"Because the thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There’s no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people … well, some people would rather die. Each of us gets to choose.”

And a good workout tool that's free is tractor tires...pull them, flip them, do lots of stuff with them...KILLER arm and leg workouts, and they're expensive to get rid of, so you can easily find someone who will give you them for free.

Thanks for the helpful tips guys, and this is my first workout ever. Its only because in football I have started to notice I need to workout, so I thought I would by going the gym.

moreweight11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the helpful tips guys, and this is my first workout ever. Its only because in football I have started to notice I need to workout, so I thought I would by going the gym.
    you should look on this site for the beginners program and try that out, if it works for you then stick with it, if not then adjust it to fit your preference.

mymax280 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me.

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    While you're probably too young for these exercises here are some example of those you could use;

Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you can't afford the gym I'm sure you could lift in your high school's weight room.