Dylan6768 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dylan6768 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dylan6768 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dylan6768 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Tired of being the skinny guy.

So I'm 33 years old, and I've always been the skinny guy. Even my HS track coach called me "stick man". Regardless of how skinny I was, I was a great athlete. I was good enough to get an athletic scholarship to the University of Alabama to be a decathlete. I was 4th at the conference championships in Gainesville, FL in 1998 despite my tiny physique. I got tired of other athlete's fathers coming to me and telling me how good it was to see guys my size doing so well in the decathlon. Being the smallest guy competing by 20+ lbs wasn't exactly the biggest confidence booster.

I was 5'11" and 132 lbs at the beginning of my freshman year in college. The coaches immediately put me on a lifting routine and a couple supplements. I noticed some good gains in the first few weeks, and jumped up to 142 lbs. And that's where I was stuck for the next 8 years of my life. 142 lbs, no matter how much I lifted and no matter how much I ate. I couldn't get any heavier I only got stronger. After track and field I had a short bout with MMA until I tore my ACL training. Without insurance I was unable to have the required surgery until almost 3 years later. When I eventually did have the surgery, I was so far out of shape that any sort of exercise was just too difficult for me to do. Then I Started to lose muscle and put on fat.

Up until about 4 years ago I was around 165 lbs, but this was not a healthy 165 lbs, this was a chubby gut of 165 with skinny arms and skinny legs. Slowly I regulated my eating and beer consumption to get down to around 156-158 lbs, which is where I am now. If there's one thing I can do well that would be to eat!

I joined a recreational softball team 2 years ago and after a couple games I realized that I was horribly out of shape. I had so many injuries that first season that I was getting discouraged. I tore a quad, separated cartilage, strained both groin muscles, and both hamstrings. Last year was a little better with the softball, but I was still getting injured and still horribly exhausted after every game. This year I vowed to get into shape, not only to save myself from injuries during softball, but I'm also tired of being the little guy. I've changed my diet around and been lifting for about the last month or so. I'm already seeing small improvements, but I am changing my routine and taking some supplements so I'm hoping for some more visible improvements. I am going to post some beginning pictures and post new pictures every month so I can track my progress. Comments are always welcome no matter how critical or encouraging. I know this forum is full of really great people and information and I hope to take advantage of those things.

So here we are, month 1 beginning photos.

Thanks everyone.
    Attached Images

aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aiNpeace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    then eat
    Join Swole Nation!
    http://www.swolenation.net/
    R.I.P. Zyzz

Dylan6768 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dylan6768 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dylan6768 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dylan6768 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah, that's what everyone always told me.

Then they would see me eat and realize that I ate more than most people twice my size.

Thanks for the insight though.

Shh, no tears ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) toppedout212's Avatar
    toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) toppedout212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dylan6768 View Post
    So I'm 33 years old, and I've always been the skinny guy. Even my HS track coach called me "stick man". Regardless of how skinny I was, I was a great athlete. I was good enough to get an athletic scholarship to the University of Alabama to be a decathlete. I was 4th at the conference championships in Gainesville, FL in 1998 despite my tiny physique. I got tired of other athlete's fathers coming to me and telling me how good it was to see guys my size doing so well in the decathlon. Being the smallest guy competing by 20+ lbs wasn't exactly the biggest confidence booster.

I was 5'11" and 132 lbs at the beginning of my freshman year in college. The coaches immediately put me on a lifting routine and a couple supplements. I noticed some good gains in the first few weeks, and jumped up to 142 lbs. And that's where I was stuck for the next 8 years of my life. 142 lbs, no matter how much I lifted and no matter how much I ate. I couldn't get any heavier I only got stronger. After track and field I had a short bout with MMA until I tore my ACL training. Without insurance I was unable to have the required surgery until almost 3 years later. When I eventually did have the surgery, I was so far out of shape that any sort of exercise was just too difficult for me to do. Then I Started to lose muscle and put on fat.

Up until about 4 years ago I was around 165 lbs, but this was not a healthy 165 lbs, this was a chubby gut of 165 with skinny arms and skinny legs. Slowly I regulated my eating and beer consumption to get down to around 156-158 lbs, which is where I am now. If there's one thing I can do well that would be to eat!

I joined a recreational softball team 2 years ago and after a couple games I realized that I was horribly out of shape. I had so many injuries that first season that I was getting discouraged. I tore a quad, separated cartilage, strained both groin muscles, and both hamstrings. Last year was a little better with the softball, but I was still getting injured and still horribly exhausted after every game. This year I vowed to get into shape, not only to save myself from injuries during softball, but I'm also tired of being the little guy. I've changed my diet around and been lifting for about the last month or so. I'm already seeing small improvements, but I am changing my routine and taking some supplements so I'm hoping for some more visible improvements. I am going to post some beginning pictures and post new pictures every month so I can track my progress. Comments are always welcome no matter how critical or encouraging. I know this forum is full of really great people and information and I hope to take advantage of those things.

So here we are, month 1 beginning photos.

Thanks everyone.
    imo, simply try eating more..lots of protein..lift big..or just hop on celltech

I'll pass on celltech. Thanks though. :-)

Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, that's what everyone always told me.

Then they would see me eat and realize that I ate more than most people twice my size.

Thanks for the insight though.
    try eating like people four times ur size!

Originally Posted by Posthardcore View Post
    try eating like people four times ur size!

So eat like a sumo? Lol got it!

Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    So eat like a sumo? Lol got it!
    Yeah man, when people starts noticing you are almost always eating, you know you're eating enough.

2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000)
    ya bulking is the best way to go at this point, but you have great calves (yes jelly)

Originally Posted by Posthardcore View Post
    Yeah man, when people starts noticing you are almost always eating, you know you're eating enough.
    Well I will be doing that for the next 12 months or so. Hopefully I'll be able to make some real progress.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by 2canman View Post
    ya bulking is the best way to go at this point, but you have great calves (yes jelly)

Thanks for the compliment. I guess I still have runner's legs.

Jelly?

Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IMO - get your calories somewhere between 500 & 750 per day above maintenance. You should be looking to gain approximately a pound of lean muscle per week for a considerable period.

Keep the lifts heavy and tick with the compound lifts of DL's, Squats, Bent over Rows, Military Press, Bench press etc.

I would consider either looking at a 5x5 lifting program, google Rippetoes.

SRS - nearly every skinny guy I know tells me that eat loads. I used to say the same until I sat down worked out my calories and macros and realized I wasn't growing because I wasn't EATING enough.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by Mark42 View Post
    IMO - get your calories somewhere between 500 & 750 per day above maintenance. You should be looking to gain approximately a pound of lean muscle per week for a considerable period.

Keep the lifts heavy and tick with the compound lifts of DL's, Squats, Bent over Rows, Military Press, Bench press etc.

I would consider either looking at a 5x5 lifting program, google Rippetoes.

SRS - nearly every skinny guy I know tells me that eat loads. I used to say the same until I sat down worked out my calories and macros and realized I wasn't growing because I wasn't EATING enough.

Good luck.
    I see what you're talking about, The last two days I've been taking in about 3000 cal and it's a lot tougher than I thought it would be.

Right now I'm going with the All-Pro 5 week cycle with cardio and abs on the days I'm not lifting. I also have some softball games about twice a week.

So this is a 2 month update. I didn't do a 1 month update cause I got real sick and couldn't go to the gym at all. Then my grand mother died so it's been a rough couple months. I'm surprised that I got the gym time that I did get. I have put on about 8-10 lbs since the first pictures. I was right around 159-160, now I'm around 170.
    Attached Images

How do I embed pictures?

Do I need to have a certain number of posts before I can embed?

Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fairtrade is on a distinguished road. (+10)

[ I M G ] IMAGEURLGOESHERE [ / I M G ]

No spaces between brackets ofcourse.

Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000)
    You have plenty of potential. Eat calorie dense food; maintain diet and exercise consistency (My condolences regarding your grandmother, hard times; I know.) as much as you can. Keep up the good work bro, stay motivated! If you need any help just box me.
    "I SAID... WHAT I SAID!" - Linnethia M. Leakes
    IG: @enigmatic.devourer FB: Deactivated it because fb is horsecrap.
    Represent USN - Country Boy Crew - Halleluja Team

IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back in '04 on campus I used to eat so much that most of the people in the cafeteria would look at me eat and watch me get seconds. I was skinny lol I ate so much, i was 114lbs at 5'9 and got up to 122lbs and that's it, it all stopped.... I remember hearing a girl say to someone, he eats all that and is still skinny. Thinking about it now, i might have needed to eat more calories....Since i put on my weight my body needed more calories. Protein is important...
    I can eat a crap loud of hot dogs and never get huge. You see it on TV!

I did the calorie count to see how much i needed and took in 2800 to 3,000 a day not including dinner. Its hard to count dinner since i didn't know what my mother was making so i believe i counted just the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cereal with milk and i forgot what else if anything, it turn out that came up to about 3,000 calories. I gain the most 140lbs. 3 meals before dinner QUICK. at that time I was 130lbs i think. The most my weight was is 134 or 136 with the included weight lifting.

I can no longer eat peanut butter because i have ulcerative colitis and i stay away from cereal and even jelly. because really what the hell is jelly without peanut butter???

Anyway u can see my pics, im at 136lbs, never bigger and I look huge in person. I no longer care about being 160lbs or anything.
    So count your Calories and Protein if you really do care. You'll see a difference if u do. If not, you'll struggle for another 20 years.
    With my weight being the way it is and my muscle tone, i look like the weight I should be at. But I'm still consider underweight because I'm below 141lbs.
    Lift heavy and moderate and count those calories and protein.
    There's a calorie chart somewhere on google that determines how much u need to maintain your weight and even gain for the height you are.....I can't remember where its all.
    People sure don't tease me anymore. I promise u that.

Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500) Multivitaminico is not very helpful. (-500)
    wtf ****gto your not skinny, skinny is like 150lbs at 6 feet tall

whats the size of your abdomen measured atr the belly button ?

why are your stas 171lbs but you say you are 155lbs

u fraudinggggggggggggggggggg ?????????????????

JustuGFX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustuGFX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustuGFX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustuGFX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    work really hard man and youll be big in no time it becomes part of your life. Eat and Lift heavy

Originally Posted by Multivitaminico View Post
    wtf ****gto your not skinny, skinny is like 150lbs at 6 feet tall

whats the size of your abdomen measured atr the belly button ?

why are your stas 171lbs but you say you are 155lbs

u fraudinggggggggggggggggggg ?????????????????
    I said I was 155 in my original post which was 2 months ago.

Read my last post and it says right now I'm at 170.

Thanks.

Smorgy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smorgy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Too be honest, you never really looked skinny, You looked average. For you I think 165-175 of lean muscle would be enough.

Remember, America and many other countries are fat, and being fat is the new "normal". So anyone who isn't chubby is considered "skinny".

Thanks for the comments guys.

Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500) Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500) Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500) Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500) Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500) Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500) Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500) Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500) Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500) Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500) Mark0415 is not very helpful. (-500)
    you're not in a terrible shape. If you read up and commit yourself to bulking, In a year you can see some amazing progress.
    Pусский Бра Kpy

iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I almost want to fight you Op for being such a little pussy ur not even that skinny... stfu and lift princess... holy fuuuc ur a little metro
    Weak but lean crew
    Always getting ID'd crew
    Takes naps on the weekend after getting yucky to rejuvenate and get yucky again crew
    Former weak crew
    Forever bulking crew
    Look like im sixteen crew
    Check myself out in every mirror I walk passed crew
    Dont even look like I lift crew
    Wear size small to look like I lift crew
    Look in the mirror before I go out for a pump crew
    Polite Trolling Crew (PTC)
    Aesthetics breeds confidence, Confidence breeds success crew

Originally Posted by iballin08 View Post
    I almost want to fight you Op for being such a little pussy ur not even that skinny... stfu and lift princess... holy fuuuc ur a little metro
    You want to almost fight someone over the internet? Wow....you've got issues.*