CurlyTopBop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Caffeine pills and chest pain

So I decided to purchase dome cvs brand caffeine pills at 200mg each. Undivided they would be an easy way to save some time and calories before workouts. I've been taking one pill every morning and have noticed some chest tightness and slight pain on my left side. Could the two be related? I've read several articles about the relationship between caffeine supplementation and excellerated weight loss but is it safe to use these every day?

Anyone tried using caffeine pills before with good results?

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why are you taking caffeine pills? Just for weight loss?

What are you taking these with?

How much coffee do you drink?
    -KimP

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh I would also like to ask how long you have been working out lifting weights? Are you new to lifting or are you new to just this forum?
    -KimP

CurlyTopBop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started taking them in place of my usual cup of coffee due to being in college and the resulting time and financial restraints. Uni required a lot of semi sleepless nights and I just couldn't afford the coffee habit. When I'm not at home and can't brew my own cup The pills are super easy to use before getting out of lecture and heading to the gym.

The weight loss aspect was slightly less of a reason. I'm counting more on sticking to my macros than in some magic pill. I WAS hoping for some appetite suppression though.

I have lifted off and on for a year or so I've just started the NROLFW program a week ago but had to postpone due to finals. Looking to start up again on Monday once vacation begins. I'm a recovering cardio queen. Haha!

Originally Posted by CurlyTopBop View Post
    Started taking them in place of my usual cup of coffee due to being in college and the resulting time and financial restraints. Uni required a lot of semi sleepless nights and I just couldn't afford the coffee habit. When I'm not at home and can't brew my own cup The pills are super easy to use before getting out of lecture and heading to the gym.

The weight loss aspect was slightly less of a reason. I'm counting more on sticking to my macros than in some magic pill. I WAS hoping for some appetite suppression though.

I have lifted off and on for a year or so I've just started the NROLFW program a week ago but had to postpone due to finals. Looking to start up again on Monday once vacation begins. I'm a recovering cardio queen. Haha!
    Well we're always looking for people to join the NROL4W journal if you have not already visited
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127064933

About the caffeine though. Depending on how large of a coffee you previously drank and how much you drank chances are you were drinking well over 200mg per day already prior to the caffeine pills. I am a coffee-holic, I freekin' love the stuff and have not seen any solid piece of research yet to tell me to drop it so I won't.

For instance, a Grande Starbucks black coffee has 150mg of caffeine whereas one of your pills has 200mg. So in answer to your question, is 200mg caffeine pill safe to use, I would say yes.

I also want to state that I am NOT a doctor so if you are having chest pain issues you should really go see one. I also know the amount of stress that college can put on you, I seem to recall feeling like I was going to die quite frequently. LOL! AND you said it's finals week... sounds like stress-o-rama to me!

Yes caffeine is an appetite suppressant and people use them with varying degrees of success. I just wanted to know what else you were taking with them. People stack them with other stuff so you never know. I think the most important thing you can do since you are just starting out is to make sure your diet is in order and continue on with the NROL4W program to see where that gets you before you start adding on other supplements. I think it's important to know how your body reacts to changes first before you throw too much at it.

Say no to cardio! A 20 min session of HIIT 3 times a week combined with proper diet and weights is all you need, in my humble opinion
    -KimP

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KimPossible98 View Post
    Well we're always looking for people to join the NROL4W journal if you have not already visited
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127064933

About the caffeine though. Depending on how large of a coffee you previously drank and how much you drank chances are you were drinking well over 200mg per day already prior to the caffeine pills. I am a coffee-holic, I freekin' love the stuff and have not seen any solid piece of research yet to tell me to drop it so I won't.

For instance, a Grande Starbucks black coffee has 150mg of caffeine whereas one of your pills has 200mg. So in answer to your question, is 200mg caffeine pill safe to use, I would say yes.
    Me too!!! I drink so much damn coffee and I'm not gonna stop until someone who has real proof to back it up tells me otherwise. Although, this coffee habit has resulted in an extremely high tolerance to caffeine. There have been times where I am drinking the same amount of coffee and taking supps that have caffeine in them and it still doesn't make a difference. Sort of a curse if you ask me, because sometimes when I am super tired and I have a lot of crap to do, I can't get a quick pick me up with coffee

OP, as Kim said, if you are experience chest pain, you should definitely get it checked out. It could be because of the pills (though unlikely since you probably have put way more than 200 mg of caffeine in your body with your previous coffee habit). Try going off them for a few days and see if you still experience any discomfort. This could be inter-related or it could be an entirely separate problem that needs to get checked out.

I must also ask, what does your work/school schedule look like. You've alluded in your original post that it could be somewhat grueling. Is it a chance that your being overloaded with work at the moment and are just really stressed out? Our bodies react to stress in many ways, chest tightness being one of them. Maybe you need something to relax you rather than a stimulant!
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift