growing bigger than I am supermuscle77's Avatar
    supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how much weight gainer should i take?

i started takeing weight gainer 2 weeks ago, but i want to try and put on mass fast. i drink at least 2 cups a day. so i was wondering how much is too much?

blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by supermuscle77 View Post
    i started takeing weight gainer 2 weeks ago, but i want to try and put on mass fast. i drink at least 2 cups a day. so i was wondering how much is too much?
    you should eat more food. whatever your normal diet consists of calorie wise, up it by 500 calories until you start gaining. store bought mass gainers are loaded with fat and sugar, you should make your own.

you don't want to take in some absolutely ridiculous number of calories or you'll be gaining nothing BUT fat. it's not a fast process bro. real gaining takes time, alot of training, rest and food is the only way to gain in any kind of healthy manner.
    Current Stack

NOW Creatine Mono
    Smart Powders Whey Protein
    Universal Animal Rage
    Controlled Labs GlycerGrow
    Max Muscle Men's Multivitamin
    Natures Bounty Fish Oil
    SNS Focus XT (for class days)

supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) supermuscle77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for the advice, i'll try to look up any mass gainining recipes as well. they say that an average mass builder as to eat 6 times a day. it seems like a tough task to eat so much to get really big.

blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10) blucavvy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for the advice, i'll try to look up any mass gainining recipes as well. they say that an average mass builder as to eat 6 times a day. it seems like a tough task to eat so much to get really big.
    YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EAT 6 TIMES A DAY. that's a bull**** myth.

hit your daily macro's for protein. it's recommended to get 1-1.5g's of protein daily per lb of body weight.

with calories as long as you get them it doesn't matter when you eat, just eat more than you normally would. log your calories so that you know how much your'e bringing in and how much it's basically going to take for you to gain.

a good homemade weight gainer (and the one i currently use) is 2 tbsp natty peanut butter, 2 cups whole milk, 1/2 cup of oats, 1tbsp of olive oil, and a scoop of whey.

over 800 calories, tons of carbs, and 50+grams of protein. if u use choc protein it tastes like a reese's pb. i have one of these every day and it's a great way to get close to an extra 1,000 cals in without eating a bite of food. don't rely on it though. food is your best friend for weight gain.

also, whole milk is your friend!
    Current Stack

NOW Creatine Mono
    Smart Powders Whey Protein
    Universal Animal Rage
    Controlled Labs GlycerGrow
    Max Muscle Men's Multivitamin
    Natures Bounty Fish Oil
    SNS Focus XT (for class days)

atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50) atreyubeat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright, well, I am sitting at 180 lbs. currently. Everything is going to depend on your caloric intake and your use of said calories. Take for example myself. Since I am in the Army, and I am in a bit of a different unit than regular Army soldiers are, we focus heavily on physical conditioning. We run everyday, or do some form of HIIT. End of story. So, I found that if I want to keep muscle on, and keep body fat low, I intake around 200g's of protein a day, and anywhere from 250-300g's of carbs a day. All of those from clean sources like chicken, tuna, egg whites, and top sirloin steak, (my favorite). Carbs from complex sources like whole grain oats, plain, no added sodium or sugar. Total caloric intake is around 4-5 thousand a day, depending on the day, and what I am doing. If I do not intake this many calories, I drop weight fast. The scale and the mirror are going to be your best friend. If you are dropping weight at a consistent rate, not a pound here and there fluctuating, water weight can play games with you, than up your calories. I take 2 VPX Stealth Mass Gainer shakes a day, that gives me over a thousand calories just in liquids alone. Not counting my recovery shake, and casein shake at the end of the day before I go to bed. Just sit down, do your macros down to a T, and then go from there. Again, the scale and the mirror are going to be your friend. If you can afford more shakes, than by all means, go for it.
    Try not to look back, try not to regret, just live life like it is the last day you will ever see....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reviews:
    Controlled Labs REDuction AM/PM: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117616731
    B.E.T Stack 2 Month Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=454505251#post454505251

RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCMP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1-2 Scoops Protein
    1 Cup Ground Oats (Rolled oats in a coffee grinder or magic bullet)
    1 Banana
    1-2 Cups Milk
    1 TBSP PB

Blend and devour. 700-1000 Delicious and Nutritious calories, blows any weight gainer out of the water.
    ---> Canadian Light Infantry 8th Brigade 2004 - Now <---

If you like what I've written, toss me a Rep
    I Always Rep Back

JustSpeechless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustSpeechless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustSpeechless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustSpeechless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustSpeechless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    None, just eat food.

all of these are really useful, i'll be sure to give one or maybe all of these a shot to see what works best.

Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If the gainer dont seem to work you could do the G.O.M.A.D DIET. Its basically a gallon of whole milk a day until you reach your desired weight gain. its about 2500 cals, 120 gram pro, high in sat fats which will help tst levels a few down falls is first you most like going to gain some fat but it will be easy to burn off when you cycle off. Some people have stomach issues and diarrreha; this can be minimized by working your way up to about a gallon. Even if you drank a half gallon you still lookin at around 1300 cals and 60 grams or so of protein you could mix half gainer and half whole milk.
    Hemavol
    Potassium nitrate
    Reboot
    Phosphatidylserine
    Staples

i dont know if i can drink a gallon of milk a day. i may just stick with d.i.y. weight gainers and powders.

My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends what your overall calories are for the day
    Team Beyond Fitness - http://********.com/beyondfitnessofficial
    For coaching, send me a personal message!

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Look to add in about 1000 extra calories per day to gain mass quickly. If this does not work add in 250 more cals per day until you are gaining like you want to.
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."

Kap189 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    quit being pussys and answer the question

rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't know if this has been said. You need to calculate your Cal/Macro needs and add 10-20% to gain size. Here's the link.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981