nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What does a weight lifting belt do?(Will Rep)

My dad gave me his but, I never bothered to ask what it was for. What is it used for?

EDIT**Would my Power clean benefit at all from wearing it?
    Last edited by nusa; 05-27-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*I always rep back, just put rep back.

*Goals
    .Weight in Lbs-200
    .Squat-325
    .Bench-225
    .Dead Lift-350

SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Basically forces you to push out on it with your stomach causing more intra-abdominal pressure. I'm pretty sure this helps by taking pressure off of your back. In short; it helps stabilize your core.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Galatasaray SK
    LFC

bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    protects your back bruddah, takes care of the spine too

nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Should I wear it while squatting and dead lifting?

*Goals
    .Weight in Lbs-200
    .Squat-325
    .Bench-225
    .Dead Lift-350

Unregistered Broscientist mr_ben's Avatar
    mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SomeRandom View Post
    Basically forces you to push out on it with your stomach causing more intra-abdominal pressure. I'm pretty sure this helps by taking pressure off of your back. In short; it helps stabilize your core.
    this. It helps to certain extend from having intravertebral disc rupture too.
    oh hai

http://www.youtube.com/user/misterben88

thefitmuscle.blogspot.com

SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't have any personal experience to be honest because my lifts aren't heavy enough to warrant for one at the moment. Your squat and deadlift are much higher than mine though, so I can see it being justifiable to use one. Only use it on your heavy sets though, sure it will let you lift a little bit heavier but don't let it turn into a crutch. So if you're ramping to 350 on deadlift you should probably use it on your last set maybe your last two sets.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Galatasaray SK
    LFC

Originally Posted by mr_ben View Post
    this. It helps to certain extend from having intravertebral disc rupture too.
    Oh alright, do you think I should wear one? My lifts aren't all so great but, neither is my form.

*Goals
    .Weight in Lbs-200
    .Squat-325
    .Bench-225
    .Dead Lift-350

I don't have any personal experience to be honest because my lifts aren't heavy enough to warrant for one at the moment. Your squat and deadlift are much higher than mine though, so I can see it being justifiable to use one. Only use it on your heavy sets though, sure it will let you lift a little bit heavier but don't let it turn into a crutch. So if you're ramping to 350 on deadlift you should probably use it on your last set maybe your last two sets.
    Those are goals haha. At football we don't even deadlift but, In off season I do by myself. Do you think it would benefit my power clean?

*Goals
    .Weight in Lbs-200
    .Squat-325
    .Bench-225
    .Dead Lift-350

Oh haha my bad, it's getting kind of late I must have missed the "goals" above the numbers, I just scanned through your sig and saw lifts. I'm not sure about your powerclean, but I just checked your stats and you could still probably be using a belt for at least your squats. Try it and see if it helps, I don't think it's really a necessity at this point but it might still help.

Galatasaray SK
    LFC

Oh haha my bad, it's getting kind of late I must have missed the "goals" above the numbers, I just scanned through your sig and saw lifts. I'm not sure about your powerclean, but I just checked your stats and you could still probably be using a belt for at least your squats. Try it and see if it helps, I don't think it's really a necessity at this point but it might still help.
    Oh alright. I will try it. Thanks man reps

*Goals
    .Weight in Lbs-200
    .Squat-325
    .Bench-225
    .Dead Lift-350

AnthonyStark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AnthonyStark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AnthonyStark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AnthonyStark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AnthonyStark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AnthonyStark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AnthonyStark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AnthonyStark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Does your dad knows you're ghey! Coz that changes everything, *******!

jadent182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so i was squatting 100kgs or rather 220lb for 5 reps, i could push out 4 but i was motivated to go for that extra rep.

so my back started hurting a little bit thought nothing of it back is a bit sore whatever, dropped weight.

today as i went out and did some exercise, i was doing something that involved stretching my back and now my lower back spine is injured find it hard to bend down or roll over.

so do you guys think i should wear a power belt?

i really would rather not wear a power belt but i do want to move high up in weights.

or i can just drop the weight and just do it raw.

have you guys had any problems like this before?

Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Melow13 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Adds stability