QuanJin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Guar Gum + Whey Protein problem

In an attempt to create thicker shakes, I've started adding guar gum to my shakes. The extra fiber is definitely a good thing, but I can't seem to get it right for some reason.

When I add the guar gum to the shake, it just ends up clumping into gooey pieces that do not dissipate throughout the rest of the shake. I end up drinking the shake with all the gooey pieces of guar gum. It's not exactly appetizing.

My question is how do you get the guar gum to equally dissipate throughout the entire shake, so the shake is evenly distributed in terms of thickness.

Should I add the guar gum and protein powder first without the water or add the water to the powder?

Thanks to anyone who helps me out here.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How about using a blender?
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Forgot to mention I don't have access to a blender at the moment, just a shaker bottle.

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    How about using a blender?
    What he said ^

Shaker bottle won't do much to that clumpy junk.
    I achieve nutritional fortitude by a method which shall not be named, lest the peasants learn to read.

binks09 is just really nice. (+1000) binks09 is just really nice. (+1000) binks09 is just really nice. (+1000) binks09 is just really nice. (+1000) binks09 is just really nice. (+1000) binks09 is just really nice. (+1000) binks09 is just really nice. (+1000) binks09 is just really nice. (+1000) binks09 is just really nice. (+1000) binks09 is just really nice. (+1000) binks09 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Blender or hand mixer would be best.

Perhaps add your powder and guar gum first, shake that up in your cup, and then add water. At least that way, in theory, the guar gu, should be somewhat evenly distributed among the whey. I guarantee it still won't be of perfect quality though like a blender/mixer would produce.

Registered User iversonmourning's Avatar
    iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Protein powder + water = nastiness
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - U Mad?

Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by QuanJin View Post
    In an attempt to create thicker shakes, I've started adding guar gum to my shakes. The extra fiber is definitely a good thing, but I can't seem to get it right for some reason.

When I add the guar gum to the shake, it just ends up clumping into gooey pieces that do not dissipate throughout the rest of the shake. I end up drinking the shake with all the gooey pieces of guar gum. It's not exactly appetizing.

My question is how do you get the guar gum to equally dissipate throughout the entire shake, so the shake is evenly distributed in terms of thickness.

Should I add the guar gum and protein powder first without the water or add the water to the powder?

Thanks to anyone who helps me out here.
    see bold

also how much are you using? A little goes a loooooooooong way
    556/325/622 - 1504 total raw @ 193
    551/319/567 - 1437 total raw @ 181
    Best gym lifts - 575/340/650

***Inventor of the GENESIS JACK***
    WWW.KLEVABUILT.COM
    IG: KLEVABUILT

Yeah, I'll try adding the powder and guar gum first this time. I'm just so used to adding powder to water and not the other way around haha.