Seefylol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How often should I take a break from Working out?

I know this is probably a common question but hey..

I started working out at the start of Febuary, training 4-5 days of heavy lifting each week. I'm pyhsically burnt out at this point but I'm starting to see some nice results. What's the right amount of rest someone like me needs from working out?

If I'm not working out, It doesnt feel right and I feel like I'm letting myself down. It's quite an addictive thing. I've an operation this Saturday so I have no choice to stop lifting for a month anyway so the rest will probably do me good.

Thanks for your answers & help!

Strong just got Stronger 7399martyn's Avatar
    7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're physically burnt out you need to rest, its simple. You need to ease up the training, eat more, sleep more.
    Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre

661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVx1ANJc7lc

lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i would guess a week break every 6 weeks wouldnt be so terrible?

DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have a week of when you feel you need one, there's no set amount of time that would benefit you most

Slowfooddiet has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slowfooddiet has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slowfooddiet has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slowfooddiet has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slowfooddiet has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slowfooddiet has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slowfooddiet has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slowfooddiet has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Slowfooddiet has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I go through cycles, lifting many times a week to lifting only about half of that for a week or two. Happens every 8 weeks or so.

LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Slowfooddiet View Post
    I go through cycles, lifting many times a week to lifting only about half of that for a week or two. Happens every 8 weeks or so.
    Yeah but remember it's quality over quantity. I mean yes you need to quantity, but quality i.e. good form is necessary.

FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FiveStarPre has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Holidays
    Vacations

^^^
    #ShreddedSociety

DiMeBaG1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me personally, when i started working out i did it for 6 or 7 months twice a week religiously and saw some great gains. But after a while my body just felt like it needed a rest, so i took a month off from lifting and just concentrated on work and stuff and had a vacation too! Now im back at the gym im leaner and stronger than i've ever been in my life and im sure its all down to having some time off. I think it will do you good just keep eating right and getting plenty protein etc.

xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Take 1 week off only doing bodyweight exercises. You'll come back feeling more enegerized and stronger.

AwwShoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AwwShoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You don't need to take a week or a month off, that's retarded. I prefer 3 times a week but that's just me, you can try that. Just make sure your eating enough and getting enough sleep, that's what's gonna make you feel burnt out.
    Start - 5'11 145lbs
    Now - 6'0 170lbs
    Goal - 6'2 185lbs