d piece has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Do flax seeds need to be ground or crushed to be digested?

Do flax seeds need to be ground or crushed to be digested?
    If I put some in my oatmeal without grinding them will they still be digested fully?

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)
    you should grind them up for best results. if you swallow them whole they'll probably pass right through you without getting digested.

Sir_MacBain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can use a coffee bean grinder for your flax. In my experiance the more you grind the eaiser it is to swallow.

chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrisrock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's what I do, put them in a coffee grinder. Works great!

bdp121p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I prefer the oil. I have been putting it in a shot glass a dash of water and CLA oil. Just do the shot and chase it with milk or some other mixture. Zero after-taste and it is quick.
    If you don't wake up in pain, how do you know you survived the night?
    -Brian-

d piece has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I do the oil before my workout, this is more of a morning thing, I don't think I could stomach the oil in the morning.
    Btw, I use the shot glass too!

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I once put flax instead of sunflower seeds in a salad I was eating while on keto (keto salads are the best btw). I don't think many if any seeds got digested.

Grazing at the Fina Farm Bouncer79's Avatar
    Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They sell Flax seed meal in most health food stores, but you need to injest so much more of it to make up for the nutritional value of the oil.... and it doesnt taste so great

Registered User AnotherScorpion's Avatar
    AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by Bouncer79
    They sell Flax seed meal in most health food stores, but you need to injest so much more of it to make up for the nutritional value of the oil.... and it doesnt taste so great
    yah, I bought one of those since I don't really like the oil. the nutrition facts per serving is: 2 Tbsp
    cal: 60
    fat:4g
    carb:4g
    fiber:4g
    protien:3g

so, my question is how many Tbsp should I use per day? I usually mix it with protein and oats to make a shake.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    yep or they will come straight back out the other end...

BrooklynJuice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They need to be grinded up and that way (vs the oil) you'll not only get more bang for your buck but you'll get stronger anti-estrogen effects from the lignans. However dont grind till your ready to consume as it will become rancid on you rather quick.

jxhopper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you MUST grind them up, otherwise they pass through your system completely undigested.... so at best you get some good roughage if you don't grind......heheheh.