Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Getting a boost from ADAPTODREN

Right… So I guess it’s time for me to accept that I’m not 19 years old anymore. A few months away from the big 30, I’m looking for a little boost in the gym. I’m always taking quality supplements, but ADAPTODREN might be exactly what I need to help me take my training to the next level.

Betancourt Nutrition has never let me down, so I come into this with very high expectations. It comes highly recommended by the Betancourt reps, and when those monsters talk, I listen. By the way, thanks guys for this opportunity.

I took the first serving (7 caps) yesterday as soon as I got it in the mail. I’ll post updates daily. Feel free to ask questions as they come to you. I’ll try to be as detailed and thorough as possible, but this is my first experience with a T-booster so I’m learning as I go myself. I don’t exactly know what to expect, other than I expect it to do its job to promote an increase in testosterone. I’m hoping I’ll see results from there.

Here is a little info about my training. (copied and pasted from my training log)
    My workout is a 5 day plan based on constant muscle confusion. It’s a 4 week repeating program.
    Week One: Heavy/Power.
    Week Two: Moderate-High intensity with 30 seconds rest between sets.
    Week Three: Moderate week (70-75% of max weight for moderate reps).
    Week Four: High Intensity Muscular Endurance Continuous Sets (I tend to throw up all over myself during this week).

A big thanks to Tatteredsaint for this workout (and the products). If I can get to the point where I’m half as in shape as him, I’m doing something right.
    Anyway, the workout might not look that impressive or intimidating on paper, but it’s hardest workout I’ve ever done. But then again, I guess any routine is a killer if you do every rep with passion and focus. It’s a lot of sets and a lot of reps. I honestly don’t think I’d be able to handle it without the quality supplements I’ll be using to help with the motivation and the recovery.

My diet is the best it’s ever been. I do 6 meals a day. Each meal has 30-40g protein, 15-20g carbs (although I tend to feel light headed and weak if I stick with this number so I’ve been upping the carbs a bit. I’m not cutting right now so I don’t really care), 10-15g healthy fat. I eat/drink very little dairy and very little sugar. During the winter months I’ll probably lighten up on the diet a bit… Hey the extra layer keeps me warm. I give myself a cheat meal once in a while.

I'm also using Betancourt's Big Blend white chocolate protein. I also got a tub of Grape Bullnox that I'll be adding to my stack down the road.

I’m gonna hit the gym in a bit so I’ll post the results when I get home. Let’s get started.

snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1th!

ooooo this product looks good.

Originally Posted by thekaratekid View Post
    So I guess it’s time for me to accept that I’m not 19 years old anymore.
    i just figured this one out myself not too long ago..

i turn 40 here in 3 days, so at least you figured it out before i did.

JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm in for this one buddy
    Here to help!

thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JH34PG View Post
    I'm in for this one buddy
    Thanks man. Looking forward to seeing how this stuff works for us. Let's get huge! (huger...!)

First workout under the influence of ADAPTODREN... (BTW: ADAPTODREN sounds like a great name for an evil transformer)

Chest/Upper Back

Incline BB Bench Press
    135x10
    185x8
    185x8
    185x10x (last set was the easiest: I think my preworkout kicked in here)

Single Arm DB Rows
    85x10
    85x10
    85x10
    85x12

Flat BB Bench Press
    185x10
    205x10
    225x10 (pretty easy here so I thought I'd get crazy)
    255x5 (might have been off a bit more than I could chew with this weight for now)

Bent BB Rows
    135x10
    155x10
    175x10
    185x10 (It's the most weight I've done on bb rows. It felt good)

Reverse Grip Bench Press
    135x10
    155x10
    165x10
    175x15 (such an awkward grip. Afraid to really push myself without a spotter)

Single Arm Cable High Rows (it's the closest I can get to HS high rows in my pretty boy gym)
    60lbs each handle x10
    70lbs each handle x10
    70lbs each handle x10
    70lbs each handle x10

Flat Bench DB Flyes
    45x12
    45x12
    45x12
    50x12 (most I've ever used on flyes)

Single Grip Seated Cable Rows
    60lbs each handle x 10
    65lbs each handle x 10
    65lbs each handle x 10
    65lbs each handle x 12

Workout Notes: A pretty good workout. I'd like to see my bench blow up a little bit (or a lot!)... After workouts, I usually sit in the sauna for a bit to sweat out the toxins in my body, but today I couldn't pass up an empty hot tub... usually there are a bunch of old naked guys in the tub so I've never actually used it. It was okay. The next time I have really sore muscles I might revisist the hot tub.

Next workout: Arms... Hopefully tomorrow. Family plans might push it back a day but that's okay. It would be my third training day in a row so if I have to take tomorrow as a rest day, it wouldn't mess my routine up.

Not much to say about Adaptodren yet. Other than it's convenient to scarf down a couple sets of caps throughout the day. I can't wait until it kicks in and I look like a cross between Tat, FHockey, and Snag... (only in my dreams) Don't worry guys, I'm not dreaming about you...

I snapped pictures after my session. I'll post them up in a bit. I gotta get some dinner in me asap.

Betancourt Juggernaut tatteredsaint's Avatar
    tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

great start bro , u got the game plan set out perfectly imo so it's time to just make it happen and as always thanks for all the love in the op
    one mind , one body, one chance to make it happen

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

http://www.betancourtnutrition.com

"The opinions expressed in my posts do not necessarily reflect those of Betancourt nutrition"

JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what pre workout are you taking?
    Here to help!

Here's my starting point... I got some work to do... Some strengths and some weaknesses.

tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tatteredsaint has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    back is lookin pretty cut bro u've made some improvements since the last time I saw progress pics of u , hopefully we can give it another lil jumpstart w the adaptodren

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

"The opinions expressed in my posts do not necessarily reflect those of Betancourt nutrition"

^^^^^

Let's talk about pictures #5 and #6 for a second... I can't get rid of these little divots in my outer/lower chest (by the nippies). It's like my chest muscles just don't grow there... Think that is just my muscle structure/genetics? Any way I can fix this little issue so I can be proud to take my shirt off by next summer?! Help me out...

Oh and sorry about the double calf picture... I'm just so proud of that little tiny vein that coming in nicely in my right calf... Had to show it off from a different angle...
    Last edited by thekaratekid; 09-03-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Let's talk about pictures #5 and #6 for a second... I can't get rid of these little divots in my outer/lower chest (by the nippies). It's like my chest muscles just don't grow there... Think that is just my muscle structure/genetics? Any way I can fix this little issue so I can be proud to take my shirt off by next summer?! Help me out...

Oh and sorry about the double calf picture... I'm just so proud of that little tiny vein that coming in nicely in my right calf... Had to show it off from a different angle...
    well it may be genetics but I would say getting your bf low and focusing on some solid upper chest movements will eventually at least give u a better shape , bodybuilding is like sculpting a statue u see what needs to be improved and focus your attention a lil more to that area , I would throw an extra set or 2 of wide reverse grip bench press and focus your cable flyes more on your incline angles

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

Originally Posted by tatteredsaint View Post
    well it may be genetics but I would say getting your bf low and focusing on some solid upper chest movements will eventually at least give u a better shape , bodybuilding is like sculpting a statue u see what needs to be improved and focus your attention a lil more to that area , I would throw an extra set or 2 of wide reverse grip bench press and focus your cable flyes more on your incline angles

Wow that's not the advice I was expecting at all... I'm glad I asked. I thought incline work filled out the upper chest. I was thinking I need to drill the decline bench and dips.

And speaking of reverse grip bench press... Do you do that wide grip usually? I've been doing it pretty close grip. Not as close as close grip bench press obviously but I make it so my elbows rub against my sides... too close?

Thanks man.

snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000)
    saint speaks the truth (as usual). diet and elimination of bf is the answer to losing unwanted pockets most of the time.
    some guys store fat more in their chest area than other areas.

as for overall development of the chest, i'd stress upper-chest movements to be foremost in my own personal development.
    i've always emphasized this more than anything. these movements also work the whole muscle of course..

declines..meh. another tool in development, but not one near the top.

dips are a long-time favorite "finisher" of mine, really gets the bloodflow going and finishes off my pump for the day.

Great stuff... Thanks guys. See that? I learned more in a few posts than I've learned in months in the gym. I'll start really focusing on the upper chest. And the bf reminder will be motivating when Spring rolls around.

Wow that's not the advice I was expecting at all... I'm glad I asked. I thought incline work filled out the upper chest. I was thinking I need to drill the decline bench and dips.

And speaking of reverse grip bench press... Do you do that wide grip usually? I've been doing it pretty close grip. Not as close as close grip bench press obviously but I make it so my elbows rub against my sides... too close?

Thanks man.
    filling out the upper chest will tighten the appearance of the entire muscle ,upper chest is almost always what people are lacking. Decline imo is not really a necessary movement because very few people lack lower chest due to flat bench hitting those muscles personally the only decline movements I use are dips and decline cable flyes. with reverse grip bb bench ur grip has to be wide or u are hitting mostly triceps go as wide as possible using the angle of the pad on your palm below your thumb as a guide for the angle of your hands on the bb

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

Today starts week 4 of The Manual... Mother F!@#er I hate this week!!! High intensity muscular endurance continuous sets... I'm going to go to the gym, kill myself as much as I can, come home, post the results, and Saint is gonna see it and say, "dude WTF stop being a sissy and do it right." The problem is, if I do it right I'm going to puke all over the gym... It would be a lot better if I had a training partner who could puke with me so I dont feel so alone while all the old ladies are judging me.

Today starts week 4 of The Manual... Mother F!@#er I hate this week!!! High intensity muscular endurance continuous sets... I'm going to go to the gym, kill myself as much as I can, come home, post the results, and Saint is gonna see it and say, "dude WTF stop being a sissy and do it right." The problem is, if I do it right I'm going to puke all over the gym... It would be a lot better if I had a training partner who could puke with me so I dont feel so alone while all the old ladies are judging me.
    wait is this THE Manual? from a certain someone here on the boards?
    Here to help!

wait is this THE Manual? from a certain someone here on the boards?

....... you don't know about The Manual?.... Guys, he doesn't know about The Manual... I don't know if I'm at liberty to divulge that information...

All I can say is the Manual is a training program created by the craziest mofo on the boards...

I've heard a lot about this new PHAT workout that is the newest craze... Everyone seems to be switching to it... I haven't seen the phat workout on paper but I'm not even interested in it right now.

Whoever wrote the manual must be a genius , and very attractive

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

ahhhh THAT MANUAL! yes....starting week 1 tomorrow!
    Here to help!

ahhhh THAT MANUAL! yes....starting week 1 tomorrow!
    well here's what u are in for - wk1 kinda laid back but u should be pushing for max strength , wk-2 u might feel like vomiting occasionally but will feel a sick pump , week 3 u recover a bit from week 2 n just use focused mid range stuff , week 4 - bout halfway through the week u will send me a message saying F@ck u and proceed to tell me how badly u want to kick me in the nuts for giving u the program (this has happened usually wk4 day2) , when u restart at week 1 for the 2nd round u will now go bipolar and be happy because u will more than likely start gaining strength as long as u follow the rules to the previous workouts

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

well here's what u are in for - wk1 kinda laid back but u should be pushing for max strength , wk-2 u might feel like vomiting occasionally but will feel a sick pump , week 3 u recover a bit from week 2 n just use focused mid range stuff , week 4 - bout halfway through the week u will send me a message saying F@ck u and proceed to tell me how badly u want to kick me in the nuts for giving u the program (this has happened usually wk4 day2) , when u restart at week 1 for the 2nd round u will now go bipolar and be happy because u will more than likely start gaining strength as long as u follow the rules to the previous workouts

yep id say thats pretty accurate. i'll post yesterdays #s soon. im holding the baby and typing with 1 hand right now

pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice start to the log bro. I will be following and starting my own log as soon as my stuff gets here.

Week 4: Day 1 (arms)

This week is high intensity muscular endurance continuous sets. It's ONE pyramid set per movement to failure... It'll be hard to make sense of these numbers but here goes:

BB Curls (remember this is all one continuous set: No rest when the weight changes):
    70x10, 80x10, 70x10

Close Grip Bench Press:
    155x10, 175x10, 185x10, 175x9, 155x10 (49 reps is the longest set I've ever done on bench)

Skull Crushers:
    70x10, 75x10, 85x10, 75x10, 70x10 (I was gagging through the entire last 10x reps)

Incline DB Curls:
    30x10, 40x10, 30x10

Galileo Tri Extensions:
    8 stacks x 10, 9 stacks x 10, 10 stacks x 20, 8 stacks x 10

Preacher Curls:
    70x10, 90x10, 70x15

V-grip Tri Push Downs:
    90x10, 100x10, 105x7, 100x6, 90x9 (My triceps went from feeling strong to having nothing left by the last couple weights of this set)

Reverse Grip EZ Bar Curls:
    50x10, 60x10, 65x10, 60x10, 50x15

Dips (at this point my arms were jelly so I just did two sets of 30 with about a minute between sets. It was a good way to end the workout)
    30x
    (60 second rest)
    30x

Abs:
    one set of crunches to failure
    one set of oblique crunches to failure
    one set of lower ab crunches to failure

Cardio: 11 minutes on treadmill at 3.5 incline. Average speed 6 mph

I felt so good walking out of the gym today. I was beat, but I was happy with my efforts. Triceps are a little sore today.

I'm enjoying the rest day. But I'm looking forward to gettin back to the gym tomorrow for a legs day.

I'm hoping to see an increase/spark from the Adaptodren in the next couple days. It's been a few days of taking it now, so I think it's time for me to start making observations and noting the effects I see/feel. By the way, I'm assuming I take the same dose on rest days (7 total caps) right?

pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice intense workout bro. I love doing the no rest to short rest sets.

Originally Posted by pwicks83 View Post
    Nice intense workout bro. I love doing the no rest to short rest sets.
    That's because you're as backwards as Saint... Thanks for stopping in man. Be sure to post the link to your thread in this log so I can join in. Enjoy!

dosing is 7 caps every day , looks like the arms were probably screaming on that one now u have the easy day out of the way it's all up hill from there

Betancourt Nutrition Rep

dosing is 7 caps every day , looks like the arms were probably screaming on that one now u have the easy day out of the way it's all up hill from there
    I know it... I was just looking over the rest of the week. It's all worth it though.

do you do a warm up set and then right into it? if so how many warmup sets
    Here to help!

do you do a warm up set and then right into it? if so how many warmup sets
    I usually do a light warm up set of 5-6 reps just to get the blood flowing... I see that most people do a lot more warm up sets than I do. What's your take on that JH? Sometimes for arms I don't even do a warm up set... Now you got me thinking.