-Mark- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What would happen if my calorie intake is very low ?

I want to know if I get very low calorie intake to lose weight,what are the problems associated with very low calorie intake ?

N.B The majority of my low calorie intake is proteins.

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by -Mark- View Post
    I want to know if I get very low calorie intake to lose weight,what are the problems associated with very low calorie intake ?

N.B The majority of my low calorie intake is proteins.
    Depends what you mean by very low.

You need a certain level of protein (1g per 1lb of LBM) to maintain muscle mass, going below this has obvious repercussions.

You also need a certain level of dietry fat (0.4-0.5g of total body weight) in order to help vitamin absorbtion and hormone creation/balance.

So the total calories from your required protein/fat intake would be your absolute minimum calorific intake for the day.

For me I need approx 145g of protein (580 calories) and 80g of fat (720 calories) so an absolute minimum healthy calorific intake of 1300 calories.

Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, first of all you will probably feel hungry and have less energy.
    Second, even with a high protein diet if you go very low on your intake you will start losing muscle 'cause your body will use it as fuel.
    And you should not cut back too much on fat either - your testosterone level will go too low and your body uses the fat to transport nutrients through your bloodstream.

Have you read the stickie about macronutritional needs here in the forum? You should.
    Try to calculate your fat and protein need while on a cut and just go easy on the carbs.
    Aim for 10 to 20% below caloric maintance level to safely lose weight.

Living on a very low calorie diet for a long time period will do more harm to your body than good.

There are also many different options like keto-diet, et cetera so you have to find out what fits your needs.

cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10) cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10) cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10) cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10) cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10) cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10) cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10) cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10) cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10) cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10) cut4dayz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mess up your metabolism and hormones..

-Mark- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

So if I say my minimum protein intake is 100 gm and minimum fat intake is 77 gm ( I calculated them ) , and I take these portions daily, am I on the right track ? (losing fat without other problems )

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by -Mark- View Post
    So if I say my minimum protein intake is 100 gm and minimum fat intake is 77 gm ( I calculated them ) , and I take these portions daily, am I on the right track ? (losing fat without other problems )
    Well if those figures are correct (you must be really short to have 30%+ BF and only 100 lbs LBM) then that would be the bare minimum to eat. It would ofc be more advisable to try to work out your maintenance then cut 10-20% calories from that and sustain a healthier fat loss rate.