Closed Thread
    Draconerus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cant lose the last bit of belly fat. How can I get rid of the tire?

I have been doing what everyone has been saying to do here etc. Eating right and trying to get rid of the last 10 pounds of my belly/waist fat but it seems like it isn't happening. Is there any supplements I should be taking? I hear about and see people on these forums losing a ton of fat in 30 days doing extreme cuts etc. but I just cant seem to do it. Is 15 minutes of cardio every three days in addition to my weight training enough? Is a 500 calorie deficit enough while eating 1g of protein per bodyweight?

I'm currently 5'9 weighing 150lbs. I think I need to be around 140 or 135 in order to get to my abs and have the foundation I want to start slowly bulking but I just cant seem to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bumping for help. I see many similar threads in regards to this on the forums, I'm reading them all but would still love more help.

XPLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you know exactly how many calories and protein you eat every day? This is always the first thing to check. And estimating doesn't count, most people estimate low.

For someone 150lbs trying to lose 1-2 lbs a week I would say start with 1500 calories and 130-150g protein every day. If you don't lose any weight in a week, go down to 1450, check again. Keep dropping 50cals until you start to lose. Though I would be surprised if you didn't lose on 1500.

Cardio and lifting help but they can't overcome the diet. Focus on the diet and you'll find the answer.

I eat 150g of protein a day and my calories for the day are usually around 1700. I guess I can cut another 200 calories and see if that helps.

FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitnessTom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Draconerus View Post
    I eat 150g of protein a day and my calories for the day are usually around 1700. I guess I can cut another 200 calories and see if that helps.
    I think changing things that you eat will help more than cutting back on calories even more. Have you been doing cheat days?

Would need to know more about the things you eat.

Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The fact that you haven't thought of reducing calories further to increase fat loss shows your approach to diet is seriously flawed.

Basically keep dropping cals and monitoring the results until you lose fat. Once/if you stop losing fat drop cals again.

daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Best user name on bb.com ^
    Cutting to 170 Log - 90's bodybuilders, hot bishes & sometimes lifting

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149272843

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Start here:
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

figure out how many cals you need for fat loss (your calorie budget).

count your cals/grams. this is more important than anything. once you know the facts on how much you are consuming, you can better gauge where your progress "should be". Count everything you consume (barring maybe fat grams from fish oil), and be very aware of your water consumption and sodium intake.

Even during a cut I don't believe in dropping my cals too low as my metabolism slows down pretty fast once I drop cals. I rather eat, lift, and burn off residual cals via cardio. Sure some people can get away without cardio, but that hasn't worked for me in the past. YMMV there.

I started at 200lbs (~17-18% bf), now at 190 (~14% bf).
    Along with lifting, I did LISS 4-5 days a week for the first 7 weeks of my cut (dropped about 1lb a week). For the past 3 weeks, I've been doing 15-18 minute HIIT sessions . Since starting HIIT, I can tell the difference in my body in terms of fat loss with HIIT (lingering lower stomach and chest fat going away). Scale weight doesn't move as fast, but I look better. I wanna keep as much muscle as I can while losing fat and so it's working out. The first 2 weeks of HIIT I didn't see too big of a difference but by the 3rd week it's definitely apparent. I also started training legs twice a week.

Personally higher volume of leg training (twice a week) and HIIT x2 to x3 a week has been working for me. I also started doing 15 mins stairmaster after back and chest days in place of LISS.

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Draconerus View Post
    I have been doing what everyone has been saying to do here etc. Eating right and trying to get rid of the last 10 pounds of my belly/waist fat but it seems like it isn't happening. Is there any supplements I should be taking? I hear about and see people on these forums losing a ton of fat in 30 days doing extreme cuts etc. but I just cant seem to do it. Is 15 minutes of cardio every three days in addition to my weight training enough? Is a 500 calorie deficit enough while eating 1g of protein per bodyweight?

I'm currently 5'9 weighing 150lbs. I think I need to be around 140 or 135 in order to get to my abs and have the foundation I want to start slowly bulking but I just cant seem to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You are already light at 150 lbs. If you think you still have 10 lbs of bellyfat at that weight then you may still have high BF%. Basically, you need to cut more if you still have 15%+ BF but it will make you so thin already. Are you skinny-fat? Better you post a pic so we can tell if you need to cut further or start bulking.
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628
    Btag - blood#1648 / blood#1816

jmangini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy What has worked for me

A lot of experts say to load up on protein and "healthy" fats. I have a hard time losing body fat eating fats and even doing cardio. I find when I do a lot of cardio I lose muscle and weight together. When I eat fats I seem to get more fat. The problem with protein shakes and bars for me is most are high in saturated fat. With that being said, here is what has worked for me.

Nearly eliminate saturated fat.
    Try to eat low fat protein as much as possible. Six Star makes a whey powder in vanilla that has only .5 grams per serving. I shoot for at least 80 grams per day.

Do 6 minutes of sprint intervals pre and post workout. Recent studies have shown that participants lost 30% more fat doing 5 minute sprint intervals than jogging for 30 minutes. I know it works for me. Sprint for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds. Sprint for a minute, walk for a minute.
    Do your workouts as a non stop circuit. Pick 2,3 or 4 muscles and go from exercise to Excersise non stop. Rest for a few minutes between sets.
    Increasing reps per set also helps me.
    Consider green coffee extract prior to meals. Recent studies show that green coffee beans actually help prevent carbs from being stored as fat.
    I take a lot of amino acids, cut fat except fish oils, take vitamin D3 and eat mostly protein and veggies. I also have to keep my calories to around 1200 a day to lose weight. Everyone is different. Stallone used to eat 500 calories a day to rip up. He would eat 10 egg whites and a peice of toast a day, a peice of fruit every 3rd day, and an occasional potato and oatmeal cookie. He pretty much shattered the idea of huge amounts of protein, fat and calories.
    When I do this diet and routine, I lose about 1 or 2 pounds a day and I'm 44 years old with a slow metabolism.

futomaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try skipping your breakfast - easy way to cut calories while increasing metabolism of fat for fuel.

Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    45 minutes of cardio every day should be mandatory. If you lift, warm up with low intensity cardio for about 10 or 15 minutes and then after your workout, cool down with 30 minutes low intensity cardio.

You can't out lift a poor diet though. Download myfitnesspal app on your phone and buy a food scale (they're super cheap) and start weighing your meat sources and log EVERYTHING into myfitnesspal to know EXACTLY what you're eating.

I hit a body fat percentage brick wall numerous times and it wasn't until THIS cut where I specifically started tracking my macro nutrients and exactly how many calories and weighing my fish/chicken/etc that I finally broke that plateau.

That first week you start tracking the macros and measuring stuff will teach you an incredible amount about the various nutrition contents of your foods and probably enlighten you to a lot of mistakes you've been making. It certainly happened to me.

Before you do any of that, read all of this and know what macro split you need, how many calories you need and then use those numbers to setup your myfitnesspal goals so that it will monitor how much of what you're taking in. The more specific the information you can plug into that (or the website) the more accurate it will be when tracking your data.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973
    Sig line can't be a novel

Miroxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It doesn't even sound like you need to lose fat. More like you need to gain muscle. Start training your abs more with weight using heavy weights. I personally think you need a half hour doing abs a day. Start watching your sodium intake and saturated fats and try to reduce your sugar intake. Or take away all unatural sugars eat more fruits. Eat clean...

OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OneLegSquats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by futomaki View Post
    Try skipping your breakfast - easy way to cut calories while increasing metabolism of fat for fuel.
    Strong first and only post
    13% do 52% AA's gonna AA
    Neg incel threads on sight crew
    Neg new users crew
    Pureblood crew

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Strong necrobump