Closed Thread
    SunConure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone ever get high-balled on Craigslist?

Just wondering if high-ball is such a word. Like an act someone will pay you more money than your initial asking price. I was trying to sell an iPad pro 12.9 32G for $700 that I bought for $500 from someone else.

I got offers, but just a bunch of low ballers and this one guy was only going to offer me $550 which would have still been a $50 profit but not close to the $700 I wanted. This guy contacted me earlier, but later said he already is going to buy one. Later that day, he suddenly texts me saying all his other sellers flaked on him and he needed an iPad right away. He asked what my asking price was, I said $700.

He then said I'll give you $800 if you come right now. Just gave me $100 extra if I come to him now, and I was already having trouble selling this thing for big profit. He was some kind of business executive who owned a construction business. He wasn't wearing a suit like a banker, but just seemed like a hustler who carries thousands of dollars in cash slinging deals here and there. This guy must be making some crazy business deals if he could pay someone an extra $100 without thinking about it just to have an iPad Pro in his hand right away. He could have just ran to a Best Buy or Apple Store, I know there was one 5-10 minutes from his office and all he had to do was pay a sales tax. Because this iPad Pro retails $800. But he paid me full retail for something used on Craigslist.

Anyone ever been high balled before? Was this like a crazy lucky day for me to get more than I expected? Especially when my other buyers kept low balling me to $550 saying what the other retailers are going for?

MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    High-balled AKA "I'm desperate to meet up with you so I can rob you".

No, I don't think anybody's ever been robbed off craigslist transactions.

Vaya Con Dios
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

[QUOTE=Dave22reborn]At least it will thunderstorm tonight, and we know how they feel about water. :)[/QUOTE]

^^^Racist police officer who also cries about how racism doesn't exist, also cries reverse racism and typifies the stupidity of the racist right, referring to black people as "they" and regurgitating racist stereotypes.

Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MBisonSon View Post
    High-balled AKA "I'm desperate to meet up with you so I can rob you".

No, I don't think anybody's ever been robbed off craigslist transactions.

Vaya Con Dios
    This.

In 4 "local man robbed and brutally sodomized" on channel 5
    (__Y__) Misc Buck Breaker (__Y__)
    ( o Y o ) Milk Wagon Engineer ( o Y o )
    ~@( Official Youthful Glow Connoisseur )@~

wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wailshark has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah usually it is in the form of "I'll pay you <3x the value of the item you're selling> via Western Union because <insert sad sack story here>"
    ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Better Unborn View Post
    This.

In 4 "local man robbed and brutally sodomized" on channel 5
    LMAO watch the guys says "Oh I pad? Naw man I already have an I Pad. Everybody in the LGBT community knows that's slang for butt sex".

And right as he says that OP hears the sound of 10-15 locking mechanisms slamming shut, on the outside of the door.
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

[QUOTE=Dave22reborn]At least it will thunderstorm tonight, and we know how they feel about water. :)[/QUOTE]

^^^Racist police officer who also cries about how racism doesn't exist, also cries reverse racism and typifies the stupidity of the racist right, referring to black people as "they" and regurgitating racist stereotypes.

Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wailshark View Post
    Yeah usually it is in the form of "I'll pay you <3x the value of the item you're selling> via Western Union because <insert sad sack story here>"
    then 1 minute from meet, "hey, I don't get paid until friday, can I just give you $3.50 now and the rest $700 later? I'm good for it, lol. I work in a church."
    (__Y__) Misc Buck Breaker (__Y__)
    ( o Y o ) Milk Wagon Engineer ( o Y o )
    ~@( Official Youthful Glow Connoisseur )@~