Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000)

Help a brother out

Recently I've run into some roadblocks to my training that have caused me to lose some of my strength, recovery ability, motivation, and drive. I'll explain what has happened, and please don't take this thread as a "bitch about my life" thread. I would really appreciate some advice on how to move past these challenges by restructuring both my training and my attitude.

My first problem is that I have acquired a manual labor job. It's part time now, but will be full-time later in the year. In some respects I actually find that it helps, as it puts me outside all day and probably strengthens me in ways that lifting can't, but it definitely takes away a lot of energy.

My second problem is that I've experienced a worsening of an anxiety disorder that has made it a lot harder to relax, sleep, and eat properly. They did put me on an anti-anxiety drug that has helped a lot but I still feel the effects of increased nervous tension in my day to day activities, and so my recovery is affected.

Lastly, in three and a half months I'm leaving this place where I grew up and heading across the country to work on a farm full-time. This occupies my mind quite a bit, and along with other issues in my life puts a lot of pressure on me. It's sapped some of my motivation and drive.

I would really appreciate your help in how to adjust my training such that I can still make progress while dealing with everything, including the future manual labor job. Right now my stats are ~405/260/445+ @165. Currently I've switched to a full-body routine that emphasizes the heavy compounds with plenty of rest (two days of rest on average per workout). I am thinking that the Texas Method might be good for me, perhaps with small modifications for my individual weaknesses.

Again, all help is kindly appreciated and all suggestions will be considered. Thanks in advance.
    Eternal Gym Rat, Student Physical Therapist. None of my post content should be taken as medical advice. Ask your doctor/PT.

Best Gym Lifts: 585/390/675 440 FS 265 OHP @203 No longer competing

I lift weights for fun

BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFlyyyy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1) I used to work at an overnight job just lifting heavy **** all night and would go home and sleep then lift...it was horrible, i felt like i had no energy but you just have to push through it. Are you taking a pre workout?

2) You might think im on that ****gy time but meditating really does help clear your mind, stress, and anxiety. Pretty easy to do.

3) i think texas method might work...but it might be hard to really hit 5 lb PRs every week

ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BFlyyyy View Post
    1) I used to work at an overnight job just lifting heavy **** all night and would go home and sleep then lift...it was horrible, i felt like i had no energy but you just have to push through it. Are you taking a pre workout?

2) You might think im on that ****gy time but meditating really does help clear your mind, stress, and anxiety. Pretty easy to do.

3) i think texas method might work...but it might be hard to really hit 5 lb PRs every week
    1. I am not taking a pre-workout.

2. I'll give that a try. When is the best time to do it?

3. Any way to change the progression to allow more manageable/realistic increases?
    Eternal Gym Rat, Student Physical Therapist. None of my post content should be taken as medical advice. Ask your doctor/PT.

I lift weights for fun

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey checks
    It sounds like this is where the problem stems;

Lastly, in three and a half months I'm leaving this place where I grew up and heading across the country to work on a farm full-time. This occupies my mind quite a bit, and along with other issues in my life puts a lot of pressure on me. It's sapped some of my motivation and drive
    You have always been very consistent with your training, now life has thrown you some curves and you're responding. I believe this is where the extra anxiety is coming from which is snowballing and affecting your training, recovery etc.. For now jump on a program that's simple and not so taxing on your body, I'm sure you will be back to normal when life iron's out the wrinkles, don't stress it.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)
    sorry you're running into these life issues man, you've gained so much here lately.

As far as the job, I lift before work because I have to. If I don't hit it while I'm fresh, I'm just not there mentally, much less physically.

The issues with the stress and stuff is something you've got to learn to live with. I'm a guy that sits around stressing and worrying about stuff. I've always been this way, and no matter what I have going on in my life I'm stressing about something.

I've come to realize that even when I get old and retire and don't have crap to worry about I'll probably worry about who's trampling on my lawn with the same amount of stress that I worry about stuff that's important to me now.

Realizing this allows me to 'call myself out' so to speak when I realise I'm letting it interfere with leading a happy life. Having this type of personality can drive you to succeed when others would fail, but it can can ruin you if you let it.

When it comes time to man up and blow through an obstacle in life, do it, and just know a certain amount of stress with come with it. During down times, try to have more of a "not a single fck is given" outlook.

brb, putting myself in early grave worrying about sht and overpreparing
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How many days do you train per week? Make it 3 maximum. On the sleeping thing just try get into bed a lot earlier than you have been. This way you should fall asleep quicker.

dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Look into Remeron, I suffer from anxiety based insomnia and it has been far and away the most effective thing I have found to manage my sleep without feeling knocked out.

ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would just recommend caution with anti-anxiety medication since many are prescribed without full realization of the possible addictions and paradoxical effects of the drug; especially one time use drugs like ****** which for some reason I was prescribed a bottle after one visit to a psychiatrist whom kept saying he wished I was his kid?? Anyway point is that **** like ****** is highly addictive and can cause psychosis when the addiction develops past a certain point. Other laidback medication like whatever you're probably taking usually have up to a few months until recognizable effects appear from the drug, and by then it's hard to tell if it's just a different point in your life and the drug is acting like a placebo, or if it's really doing the work. Lol- there's my cool story.

AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Pm'd

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just do your heavy lifts on your off day and lighter stuff on days that you work.
    ***Georgia Crew***

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Hey checks

You have always been very consistent with your training, now life has thrown you some curves and you're responding. I believe this is where the extra anxiety is coming from which is snowballing and affecting your training, recovery etc.. For now jump on a program that's simple and not so taxing on your body, I'm sure you will be back to normal when life iron's out the wrinkles, don't stress it.
    I think a big part of it also is that I have spent the past year or so (when I got serious) on edge regarding lifting. I never gave myself credit for the progress I've made, it was always never enough and I could never feel good about any improvements because they were all insufficient. All the time I would be thinking about my next training session, eating, forcefeeding myself. I think I just hit a breaking point.

Originally Posted by ArchDukeOfTops View Post
    sorry you're running into these life issues man, you've gained so much here lately.

As far as the job, I lift before work because I have to. If I don't hit it while I'm fresh, I'm just not there mentally, much less physically.

The issues with the stress and stuff is something you've got to learn to live with. I'm a guy that sits around stressing and worrying about stuff. I've always been this way, and no matter what I have going on in my life I'm stressing about something.

I've come to realize that even when I get old and retire and don't have crap to worry about I'll probably worry about who's trampling on my lawn with the same amount of stress that I worry about stuff that's important to me now.

Realizing this allows me to 'call myself out' so to speak when I realise I'm letting it interfere with leading a happy life. Having this type of personality can drive you to succeed when others would fail, but it can can ruin you if you let it.

When it comes time to man up and blow through an obstacle in life, do it, and just know a certain amount of stress with come with it. During down times, try to have more of a "not a single fck is given" outlook.

brb, putting myself in early grave worrying about sht and overpreparing
    Thanks dude, that's really good advice. I'm the same way and sometimes it's hard to be cognizant of the fact that I am worrying, much less what I am worrying about.

Originally Posted by Incensed View Post
    How many days do you train per week? Make it 3 maximum. On the sleeping thing just try get into bed a lot earlier than you have been. This way you should fall asleep quicker.
    When sh!t started getting bad I was doing a pretty typical 4-day Powerlifting split. I've started doing full-body workouts with two days of rest between each one. I will do my best to get to bed earlier as regularly as possible.

Originally Posted by dtaps24 View Post
    Look into Remeron, I suffer from anxiety based insomnia and it has been far and away the most effective thing I have found to manage my sleep without feeling knocked out.
    All right, thanks for the tip. My only issue is that I really dislike taking pharmaceuticals. But I do have an issue with waking up a lot during the night.

Originally Posted by ZaeYeL View Post
    I would just recommend caution with anti-anxiety medication since many are prescribed without full realization of the possible addictions and paradoxical effects of the drug; especially one time use drugs like ****** which for some reason I was prescribed a bottle after one visit to a psychiatrist whom kept saying he wished I was his kid?? Anyway point is that **** like ****** is highly addictive and can cause psychosis when the addiction develops past a certain point. Other laidback medication like whatever you're probably taking usually have up to a few months until recognizable effects appear from the drug, and by then it's hard to tell if it's just a different point in your life and the drug is acting like a placebo, or if it's really doing the work. Lol- there's my cool story.
    I am taking ******. He gave me the 1mg dose but I found that made me way too lethargic so I have been taking half that. Also I try not to use it unless it is necessary (feel an attack coming on) and have been able to stop some attacks with normal relaxation techniques. On average I am taking one half-dose a day whereas I was prescribed two full ones a day. Thanks for your input.

I lift weights for fun

ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    " Withdrawal symptoms can range from mild anxiety and insomnia to more severe symptoms such as seizures and psychosis. The risk and severity of withdrawal is increased with long-term use, use of high doses, abrupt or over-rapid reduction, among other factors. Short-acting benzodiazepines such as lorazepam are more likely to cause a more severe withdrawal syndrome compared to longer-acting benzodiazepines.[4]
    Withdrawal symptoms can occur after taking therapeutic doses of ****** for as little as one week. Withdrawal symptoms include headaches, anxiety, tension, depression, insomnia, restlessness, confusion, irritability, sweating, dysphoria, dizziness, derealization, depersonalization, numbness/tingling of extremities, hypersensitivity to light, sound, and smell, perceptual distortions, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, appetite loss, hallucinations, delirium, seizures, tremor, stomach cramps, myalgia, agitation, palpitations, tachycardia, panic attacks, short-term memory loss, and hyperthermia."

It's illegal to be prescribed for long term use, atleast that's what I thought

I personally would just be very cautious man, and it sounds like you are atleast trying to be

dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd think about stopping the ******, it just knocks you out and doesn't deal with any of the underlying issue IME

andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sup dude, I can help you on numbers 1 and 3.

I work a manual labor job as well. I wake up at 5:00am, and work from 5:30-2pm mon-fri and then 5:30-10:30 on Saturdays. I am currently doing Sheiko, and while I am slightly tired I still find that I get really pumped up for the gym and I have actually hit some great PR's. I would definitely recommend some form of pre-workout. I personally don't take one, but I used to it and it gave me that little hit of energy I needed.

Sheiko is nice because it is three days, though it is a massive amount of volume and saps a lot of energy. Powerlifting is my lifestyle, so I get out of work at 2, gym from 2:30-5:30, dinner, rest, bed by 8-9pm. I personally do not care that I don't go out with my friends a lot because 1) I'm saving money and 2) I'd rather lift heavy weights. On the weekends I get together and maybe BBQ, but during the week it is: work, eat, sleep, lift.

As for numero 3: Dude, look forward to it man. Two weeks after my competition on August 27th, I'm leaving all my friends and family to go to California. Think of it as an adventure...every experience you have shapes who you are and who you will become. Don't dread it...welcome it. You will learn a ridiculous amount of ****, but you will also have to sacrifice a lot. Yet, that is what life is all about, managing your time, resources, and energy.

Just get in the gym, look at yourself and just ****ing SFW. When you enter the gym, clear your mind, do some stretches and deep breathing exercises, stare at yourself in the mirror and just get in the zone. When I go to the gym, I leave everything out of it. It's just me the weight. I don't think of how I just worked 8 hours, or how I'm tired, or that I need to save money, or that my GF broke up with me, etc. I have faith in you, kind sir.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER.

PS: Where's the farm? I have some friends in Minnesota.
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender.

SQ:455
    BP:265
    DL:545

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Originally Posted by andom View Post
    Just get in the gym, look at yourself and just ****ing SFW. When you enter the gym, clear your mind, do some stretches and deep breathing exercises, stare at yourself in the mirror and just get in the zone. When I go to the gym, I leave everything out of it. It's just me the weight. I don't think of how I just worked 8 hours, or how I'm tired, or that I need to save money, or that my GF broke up with me, etc. I have faith in you, kind sir.
    I second both of these, brother. ^ Simplify your training some and get in the zone. Make your sessions separate from everything else; try to focus on the lifting and not everything else going on. I also recently went through a bunch of stressful ****, including a 3-week layoff due to an injury, so I know how it feels. Keeping everything simple and keeping focus helped me a lot though.

If you have time between work, lifting, and moving, spend it with your friends. For me at least, social situations tend to dissolve anxiety.

Originally Posted by ChecksandGiggles View Post
    I think a big part of it also is that I have spent the past year or so (when I got serious) on edge regarding lifting. I never gave myself credit for the progress I've made, it was always never enough and I could never feel good about any improvements because they were all insufficient. All the time I would be thinking about my next training session, eating, forcefeeding myself. I think I just hit a breaking point.
    That would contribute, I'd expect. You should always (always) strive to improve, but you should also give yourself credit for what you do accomplish.

Keep your head up!

fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatbencher is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm going to get raped for this, but: whenever life got in the way of training, I've switched to a sort of bastardized HIT (BP, MP, SQ, DL in one session). No, it isn't the perfect routine for PL (or anything else). But it has allowed me to at least maintain 90+% of my strength, even during times where sane people would just have quit lifting. All you need is one hour, once per week. Anyone can fit that in. And also, because you take so many days off between workouts, you can easily work around those unexpectedly heavy days at work.

And keep eating like you mean it. That alone will help greatly in maintaining strength. Combined with farm GPP, you might even surprise yourself! There are some strong farm boys competing in WSM.
    You like art? www.artstarter.nl

You make art? www.artstarter.nl

You suck off hobos? www.artstarter.nl

mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000)
    well if the job is in the way then maybe a routine that is less cns intensive, like the lower volume sheiko routines. As far as motivation, if its not fun, then your doing something wrong. I assume u lift cuz its fun, so do what u find fun.
    best lifts
    Squat 410
    bench 315
    press 185x5
    Deadlift 420
    clean 275

I cannot believe people are recommending Sheiko to somebody who is having trouble sleeping and is talking about how taxing their job is. Seriously probably the worst advice possible. Having trouble recovering? Volume! Don't have enough time to get in a good workout? 2.5-3 hour workouts oughta do the trick. Phucking ridiculous.

I cannot believe people are recommending Sheiko to somebody who is having trouble sleeping and is talking about how taxing their job is. Seriously probably the worst advice possible. Having trouble recovering? Volume! Don't have enough time to get in a good workout? 2.5-3 hour workouts oughta do the trick. Phucking ridiculous.
    lol seems like 5/3/1 is the obvious pick if you're short on time...

Pretty much, as was stated above something simple and (somewhat) linear, 5x5 could work, TM could work, doing his own thing could work, I just think it's funny when people have a canned response which is basically "Sheiko is a great program" and it doesn't matter what issue you're having, even if it is a lack of recovery and time, the response is still "do Sheiko it works for me." Accumulated fatigue is not the answer to somebody who is struggling with fatigue IMHO. That's like seeing a post "my knee is injured and I can't squat heavy, any recommendations?" and responding "do Smolov, it worked great for me, SFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think in periods of transition and higher than usual stress, I'd go to 1-2 days a week and just try to maintain for a month while you adjust to the new job/baby/wife or whatever. I have a little lower recovery anyway; 3 Days a week is my norm, but I'd go to one day a week for a month or two if I was in OP's position. Literally just squat, bench and deadlift 3x5, 3x5, 1x5 every Saturday or something. Just focus on the other stuff going on, and once you're comfortable, start to focus in on lifting again..,

andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey *******, I wasn't recommending that he does it. I was telling him that I do it however, "it is a massive amount of volume and saps a lot of energy." I did not tell him to do it, nor did I say it was a great program. I said "sheiko is nice because it is three days." Stop making pointed comments without actually reading what I wrote.

Secondly, doing Sheiko helps me fall asleep because I pass the **** out. I do manual labor 8+ hours a day six days a week and I crank it out, I'm not fatigued either. I'm not saying it will work for everyone I was telling him what works for me.

Get off my nuts and offer some constructive criticism rather than bashing other people who are trying to help.

This is all assuming your comments were directed towards me. If not then ignore the above.

Originally Posted by andom View Post
    Hey *******, I wasn't recommending that he does it. I was telling him that I do it however, "it is a massive amount of volume and saps a lot of energy." I did not tell him to do it, nor did I say it was a great program. I said "sheiko is nice because it is three days." Stop making pointed comments without actually reading what I wrote.

Secondly, doing Sheiko helps me fall asleep because I pass the **** out. I do manual labor 8+ hours a day six days a week and I crank it out, I'm not fatigued either. I'm not saying it will work for everyone I was telling him what works for me.

Get off my nuts and offer some constructive criticism rather than bashing other people who are trying to help.

This is all assuming your comments were directed towards me. If not then ignore the above.
    I am glad you have had success on Sheiko, I understand why you recommend it highly. That said, under the circumstances he listed in a thread titled "help a brother out" you seem smart enough to understand why I would take you lauding the benefits of Sheiko as recommending it. I am not saying you did anything malicious, but I think the bold is the key difference here, it seems like he is clearly fatigued and short on time, where you aren't having a trouble getting it done. Again, good on you, but your post was very open to misinterpretation, so forgive me if I did so. I just thought we were going off on a "do Sheiko it'll fix it" tangent with no regard to the initial post. It was not directed at you specifically, it was the general direction I saw the thread heading.

I am glad you have had success on Sheiko, I understand why you recommend it highly. That said, under the circumstances he listed in a thread titled "help a brother out" you seem smart enough to understand why I would take you lauding the benefits of Sheiko as recommending it. I am not saying you did anything malicious, but I think the bold is the key difference here, it seems like he is clearly fatigued and short on time, where you aren't having a trouble getting it done. Again, good on you, but your post was very open to misinterpretation, so forgive me if I did so. I just thought we were going off on a "do Sheiko it'll fix it" tangent with no regard to the initial post. It was not directed at you specifically, it was the general direction I saw the thread heading.
    Haha, fair enough. My apologies for the ambiguity. I wasn't so much recommending it as I was saying that I am in a similar situation as him and Sheiko could be an option.

Sheiko is fun and all, but to each their own. I agree with you in that it's ludicrous that people think one program works for everyone, or that there is one magic routine that gets everyone buff. I've always been a proponent of making your own routine, this is my first time on a preset routine such as Sheiko. /endofdigression

My best advice to ChecksandGiggles: Feel it out once you hit full time manual labor. You won't know how your body will adjust/adapt until you actually do it...also eat like 6 times a day. I eat all day long.

mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000)
    i thought the first sheiko routine 29# was mad easy. Lifting 3x a week with that light of weight. Thought for sure checks could handle that.
    best lifts
    Squat 410
    bench 315
    press 185x5
    Deadlift 420
    clean 275

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been working a terrible overnight job for almost a year now with a wacky sleeping schedule. These are some major things I have found that help:

1. Eat. A lot. I couldn't imagine doing what I am doing without tons of calories being shoved down my throat.
    2. Pre-workout supplements are important. No matter how I am feeling a dose of Animal Rage perks me right up. I used to drink really strong coffee and still do sometimes.
    3. Try to get on a regular sleeping schedule with at LEAST 6 hours of straight sleep. Naps are nice too if you can manage. I have to take 60 minute lunches at work and usually sleep the last 30 minutes if I am lethargic.
    4. Pay attention to how your body feels and moves too. A good stretching and foam rolling session can do wonders for your body and help you relax.

Good luck dude. I hope you can pull it together by August and put up some kick ass numbers. Then me, you and csday can drink beer lol

Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000)
    A program based on planned progression is probably tough for a situation like this. When college got tough this year I would just go through the motions in my workouts, not really push myself, and then if I felt great on the day I'd go heavy or for a PR. It worked really well for me.

I took a month and a half off for exams and since I've come back I've gained 20-50lbs on all my lifts just from being able to go heavy as I want and not have to worry about how tough it's going to be to study with my body in bits.

Good luck striking a balance!

Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jotnar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What I am going to say is probably going to go against the grain a bit, but just take some time off man. Seriously, I get you want to be a competitive powerlifter, but your 21 man, take some time to yourself, however long you need, the iron isn't going anywhere, come back to it when your mind is 100% and you just can't go 1 more day without picking something heavy up. The iron never runs away, it will just be there sitting and waiting for you to come and pick it up again.
    "Ask of yourself, what is the purpose of life, and if no answer is found then set for yourself high and mighty goals, for I can think of no better use of life than perishing in pursuit of the great and the impossible."

ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILiftHeavyShit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you even think about bitching about manual labor and it affecting training, someone should slap the **** out of you.

I've worked 130 something hours in the past 10 days. Commercial HVAC, nothing light duty about the work I do. I put in an eighty foot run (tdc) that went from a 72 x 80 to 48 x 48. Oh did I mention, this was on the top of a f-cking mountain in the middle of nowhere with 40mph winds (60-80 gusts), sideways snow with the temp averaging anywhere from 10-30 w/o windchill. On the side of a building, with the slope of the ground being about 1/1. Yes, I built a platform every 10 feet.

**** you and the horse you rode in on. Part time laborer b-tching... please motherf-cker.

with that being said, 2 PR's broken the same week. Eat me you panzy.

You're other sh-t, get over it. No one gives a f-ck about your problems in the gym. That is the one place where none of your (or anyone else's) bullsh-t matters.
    <e>
    _ \,
    _ /\

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ILiftHeavy**** View Post
    If you even think about bitching about manual labor and it affecting training, someone should slap the **** out of you.

I've worked 130 something hours in the past 10 days. Commercial HVAC, nothing light duty about the work I do. I put in an eighty foot run (tdc) that went from a 72 x 80 to 48 x 48. Oh did I mention, this was on the top of a f-cking mountain in the middle of nowhere with 40mph winds (60-80 gusts), sideways snow with the temp averaging anywhere from 10-30 w/o windchill. On the side of a building, with the slope of the ground being about 1/1. Yes, I built a platform every 10 feet.

**** you and the horse you rode in on. Part time laborer b-tching... please motherf-cker.

with that being said, 2 PR's broken the same week. Eat me you panzy.

You're other sh-t, get over it. No one gives a f-ck about your problems in the gym. That is the one place where none of your (or anyone else's) bullsh-t matters.
    Do you need a hug?