RR852001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RR852001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RR852001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RR852001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RR852001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Does Hiit cardio burn fat and preserve muscle?

I'm cutting I have been cutting for a while but really been getting into it about 3 weeks ago,I want to burn bodyfat but I want to preserve the little muscle gain I have made so what are the pros and cons of HIIT cardio?

I'm working on it... scottyhall's Avatar
    scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/crank-...-training.html

This should lay it all out as I recall...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle

Raw, 503/335/525

StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by scottyhall View Post
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/crank-...-training.html

This should lay it all out as I recall...

Some people say low intensity cardio burns fat and perserves muscle as well. You always have different opinions on the matter with "research" backing it up.

I personally go by distance now that msm guy got stuck in my head which made the most sense and it actually works the best.

Plus you always have stuff like this floating around to play with your head

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/PoundADay.htm

But who honestly has the will to walk for 7+ hours to put it to the true test. Maybe If I didn't work a basically full time job I probably would attempt it if I had nothing better to do. I find it hard mentally to lift atleast 3 days a week and jog/run 3 miles a day. lol But maybe when the slow and steady switch turns off and I feel tired of waiting for the next week's weigh-in I may go all out.

Daniel Larson 2024 RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here's an article supporting LISS over HIIT in terms of fat burning.
    http://stronglifts.com/hiit-interval-training-fat-loss/
    Attract toxic girls but I'm not toxic crew
    Always the victim crew
    Pure Michigan crew
    Lana Del Rey > Taylor Swift crew

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do whatever type of cardio you want and don't worry about muscle loss.

As for me I prefer 30-45 min sessions of moderate intensity steady state cardio.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by msm00b View Post

As for me I prefer 30-45 min sessions of moderate intensity steady state cardio.
    ^^^ This sums it up, it doesn't matter what one you do as long as you do it. Over the course of a lifetime the minor advantages of one over the other will be minimal.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by msm00b View Post

^^^ I knew he would reply sooner or later lol. I took his approach and I always calculate calories burned from distance rather from intensity.

jmudude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HIIT cardio

Originally Posted by RR852001 View Post
    I'm cutting I have been cutting for a while but really been getting into it about 3 weeks ago,I want to burn bodyfat but I want to preserve the little muscle gain I have made so what are the pros and cons of HIIT cardio?
    I have wondered this myself and Ive come to the conclusion that if you do mostly low intensity cardio for time and distance on a regular basis and then HIIT cardio like once a week and continue to lift heavy and often as well as diet and keep protein intake up, you will shed the fat while building the muscle because the fat will feed the new muscle growth. I am trying to model my workouts after football training and get an NFL type body and they do HIIT a lot in between lifting days as well as practices and look at them they are HUGE and fast and cut for the most part. Vernon Davis for example is faster than other tight ends he has like 4% body fat and yet he can lift an insane amount of weight.

xkthmpsn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jmudude View Post
    I have wondered this myself and Ive come to the conclusion that if you do mostly low intensity cardio for time and distance on a regular basis and then HIIT cardio like once a week and continue to lift heavy and often as well as diet and keep protein intake up, you will shed the fat while building the muscle because the fat will feed the new muscle growth. I am trying to model my workouts after football training and get an NFL type body and they do HIIT a lot in between lifting days as well as practices and look at them they are HUGE and fast and cut for the most part. Vernon Davis for example is faster than other tight ends he has like 4% body fat and yet he can lift an insane amount of weight.
    exactly what i was thinking in regards to HIIT and NFL players