erbetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erbetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erbetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erbetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long does it take to lose muscle?

So with the new training program I just do legs 1 day a week, aside form working them on my 2 cardio days. They feel slighty weaker then usual. I don't know if this is in my head or if its from going a few days without training them. My goal is to build muscle in them and right now I am doing Jamie Eason's program. Is it possible to lose muscle that quickly?

FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to be honest, i dont even consider cardio days as "leg days"...when you workout your legs, lets say on a monday, i wouldnt touch cardio until wednesday, give your legs time to rest and recover properly...

now can we see said legs? lol

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by erbetz View Post
    So with the new training program I just do legs 1 day a week, aside form working them on my 2 cardio days. They feel slighty weaker then usual. I don't know if this is in my head or if its from going a few days without training them. My goal is to build muscle in them and right now I am doing Jamie Eason's program. Is it possible to lose muscle that quickly?
    it takes a while to lose muscle...i wouldnt worry about it
    AB Fitness Center
    (The Best Personal Training Gym to Work for in NY)
    Apply Below
    www.ABFitnessCenter.com/career
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's likely mental.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

rage09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rage09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rage09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You wouldn't be losing muscle that quickly. If you are planning on gaining more muscle, I would work the legs at least 2 days a week with weights, if you're working more on definition then stick to what you are doing. Just make sure you are getting the protein you need and eating on time so your body isn't breaking down muscle for energy.
    Goals in Sight, Benefits in Vision

firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    One day a week probably would maintain your strenght indefinitely until old age or other issues prop up. Most likely you woudl gain strength also.
    MyMuscles.com

Features weight lifting terminology, equipment info, essays, and links.

HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It takes weeks 3-4 for decomposition (atrophy) to take place. Especially considering it takes up to a full week to overcompensate (hypertrophy.) The common misconcepiton is "if you dont use it you lose it." When in fact if you leave the damn muscle alone for long enough it actually has enough time to recover, overcompensate and come back better than ever
    "With truly scientific, theoretical approach to exercise, there is no room for the traditional or the arbitrary. So the proper attitude is to go into the gym like a rational human being and perform only the precise amount of exercise required by nature. More is not better; less is not better; the precise amount required is best." -Mike Mentzer

Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You dont lose muscle that quick in 1 week, or even in 2. You can help maintain muscles by eating enough even if youre not training them enough.

But you dont lose it quick. I know because i also had stopped lifting for a week and i felt weaker when i got back on it, but my muscles were still big and now they're even bigger. So it just takes the muscles another week or two to get back on track

erbetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erbetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erbetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erbetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FueledByYelyah View Post
    to be honest, i dont even consider cardio days as "leg days"...when you workout your legs, lets say on a monday, i wouldnt touch cardio until wednesday, give your legs time to rest and recover properly...

lol, thank you and everyone else for your help!

Originally Posted by rage09 View Post
    You wouldn't be losing muscle that quickly. If you are planning on gaining more muscle, I would work the legs at least 2 days a week with weights, if you're working more on definition then stick to what you are doing. Just make sure you are getting the protein you need and eating on time so your body isn't breaking down muscle for energy.
    Rage could u do me a fave? Checkout Jamie Eason's workout on here and give me your opinion. Go under find a plan on the homepage, then select "female" then the age group between 20-39" or something like that, and then click the "muscle building" option. I would really love some feedback on her program. Just scroll down through the "get started" stuff til it gives you the daily exercises.... ty so much should you attempt this, lol....

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, as stated, it usually takes at least 3 weeks before atrophy occurs.

The workout plan looks fine. I'm not a huge fan of every thign being done in the 12-15 rep range, but it still isn't bad.

It looks like a plan that hits most muscle gruops rather well. A beginner could definitely do much, much worse.

Originally Posted by FueledByYelyah View Post

Many people like doing cardio the day after a hard leg session to get blood flowing to aid w/ recovery.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

wannabb4ller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wannabb4ller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think we'll need to see size of said legs to determine how quickly muscle can be lost.

kpkiller85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also wondered about this

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post

The workout plan looks fine. I'm not a huge fan of every thign being done in the 12-15 rep range, but it still isn't bad.

It looks like a plan that hits most muscle gruops rather well. A beginner could definitely do much, much worse.

Many people like doing cardio the day after a hard leg session to get blood flowing to aid w/ recovery.
    Thank you.....

franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000)
    think about it this way. How difficult was it to build your muscles? they're not gonna be lost that easily, you'll be fine!
    IIFYM - Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients and are needed to maintain overall health

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can lose muscle very quickly depending on body structure, diet and training program.
    The leaner you get the more the body has a tendency to "cannabalize" muscle. Too low of cals and laying off weight training and some people can watch their muscles disappear on a daily basis.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post

Could u please explain further about the rep thing....

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I feel lifting weights in the 6-12 rep range is more beneficial. It would allow a female to put muscle on quicker as well (and no, you won't get huge, since females are impossible to get huge w/o chemical additions).

I'd say for the compound exercises (multiple joint movements), work in the 6-8 range, and isolation exercises (single joint movements) use the 10-12 range.

That is you pick a weight that has you failing inside that rep range.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    For some reason I read 'female to put muscle on quicker' as 'female wrestler'...

"Huge" is kinda subjective here, I think it's definitely possible for women to get "huge" in their aesthetic view without steroids.

It just tends to be harder and you can lay off training a muscle if it gets too big so it shouldn't be a realistic worry.

ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    These might help
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sets...ram_design.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/how-...s-and-reps.htm

Personally, i think working in the 12-15 rep range is good for someone just starting out resistance training. The more times you do something the better you get at it. Id stick with Jamies programme personally and see it out and then re-evaluate once its complete.

rage09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rage09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rage09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rage could u do me a fave? Checkout Jamie Eason's workout on here and give me your opinion. Go under find a plan on the homepage, then select "female" then the age group between 20-39" or something like that, and then click the "muscle building" option. I would really love some feedback on her program. Just scroll down through the "get started" stuff til it gives you the daily exercises.... ty so much should you attempt this, lol....
    Sorry for late response! I looked up your program. The program has some really good exercises and the rep range is good for putting on size. The goal of the program is to work all your body, so at the end of the program you'll look nice and lean. I think it's a great program if you are trying build definition and tone up. What I was saying earlier was that you should work your legs twice a week if you are trying to focus more on legs, but for a beginner, I say stick to Jamie Eason's program and see the results in 12 weeks. Then see how your body reacted to this program, see what muscles you want to focus on, and switch to a different program for another few weeks. Hope this helped, let me know if I was unclear anywhere.
    Goals in Sight, Benefits in Vision