Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MouseWeight View Post
    This was the dog you posted pictures of earlier this month right?

Either way, glad you have an new addition to the family!
    I posted a few that I was considering. Holly is the red and white Australian Shepherd, although I think she's Aussie and Blue Healer mix. They usually advertise the more insurance-friendly breed. She's too thick to be all Aussie, I think.

Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    Oh this is going to be fun reading about your 'new family'
    Pets and Kids ...Right On! What fun interesting tales you will be sharing!

I love your story

Have you looked into the works of "The Dog Whisperer" ?
    Cesar Millan seems to know what works with dogs.
    ...just a suggestion to help with any doggie troubles.

Have Fun with your Whole Family!

I've watched Millan's show and read some of his website, but I've not read any of his books. I think I might, though. She started to calm down yesterday and was so good this morning on her leash. I think she's just been cooped up in a cage for so long that she wanted to go and move. Plus, I think that she needs a little time to get to know us and find out if we're a permanent fixture. I'm sure she's worried that we'll leave her.

Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    That's awesome about Holly!!!!

When we got our kittens, we left them in a dog crate and let Jake go over and explore when he felt like it. Of course, one of them swatted his nose so he cowered the rest of the night in the corner. So, your idea about having Holly leashed or otherwise confined should help Blitzen feel free to explore.
    Poor Blitzen. I feel so bad for him. Holly hasn't hurt him at all, but she gets right on him and tries to get him to go wherever she deems the appropriate spot. It scares the bejeezits out of Blitzen. If Holly were to bite or act overly aggressive, I would have punished her. As it was I have given her scoldings when I've seen her do it, but I haven't had much chance to do more. Blitzen always comes around when Holly's off-leash.

Originally Posted by Mr.Xrcise View Post
    Great read Simpy and congratulations on your new addition to the family!!!
    We're very happy about our addition.

Here's the run-down of Monday:

1. I got up extra early for no reason, but I ended up taking the dogs for a walk.

2. Fixed Jack and myself breakfast and then we went shopping. I bought several things including a nice little navy dress for a presentation I have to give next week (we're hosting a conference).

3. Jack and I came home, changed clothes, grabbed the dogs and went to the Humane Society to make our adoption official. She's now truly my dog.

4. We took the dogs for a hike at the park. It was packed like non-other.

5. After our hike, Jack and Rudy went for a swim in the river. At the park there's a shallow area of the river. Usually by this time of the year, it's shin high, but it was up to Jack's waist - higher even, but I wouldn't let him go deeper. Holly wouldn't get in so I was on the bank with her. The water was perfection, though. I think I'll take him back on Saturday morning.

6. After hiking we treated ourselves to slushes from Sonic. I'm addicted to their cranberry juice slush.

7. We came home and crashed. . . for a brief moment. Then I finished up three loads of laundry, did all the floors, and cleaned all the back windows and the French doors.

It was a great day.

Today:

Hill sprints with Holly (5 of them - then she crashed)

Lunch hour workout:

Supersets:
    Squats: 135x10x3
    Seated Calves: 50 kg x 10 x 3

Supersets:
    DB Bench: 35x15, 40x12 x 2
    BB Bent over rows: 80 x 12 x 3

That's it. I just got in my office about 15 minutes ago. Today's been non-stop meetings - but oh wow, it's gone fast.

I'm going to finish my lifting tonight and then let the dogs run off-leash for a bit. Jogging in the AM and circuits at lunch. Then I'll be back on track with my workouts.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My parents dog is the same way with the cats. He runs up to them all hyper and it scares them. He wouldn't hurt them, but they don't know that. I can't get them to hang around enough for him to calm down!

Busy days FTW! I love how fast they go by!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    My parents dog is the same way with the cats. He runs up to them all hyper and it scares them. He wouldn't hurt them, but they don't know that. I can't get them to hang around enough for him to calm down!

Busy days FTW! I love how fast they go by!
    I put Holly on a leash last night and we waited until Blitzen came around. She tugged so hard at the harness. Blitzen crept up and was looking interested. Just as she got a little closer, Holly tugged at the harness and scared the bejeezits out of Blitzen. lol. It'll take some time, I think.

I ran a S L O W 2.65 miles this morning. We did it in just under 32 minutes. I felt excellent - like I'd finally gotten my stride back. Holly, on the other hand, was exhausted and wanted to quit on me a few times. When she would get really tired she would run right in front of me and start to slow down so that my legs bumped her butt. Then she would just come to a dead stop. No warning. I think I tweaked my knee a bit catching myself from falling over her. It's not injured, just a little tender. No biggie.

I let her walk far more than I would have liked today, but she needed it. She's been cooped up in a cage for 6 months and is out of shape. It'll take some time, which is good, because I'm certainly not in stellar shape right now, either. We can acclimate together.

Cross-Training today at lunch. Stay tuned.

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

I lied. There was no cross-training at lunch yesterday. I simply had too much work to do to leave the office. So I ate at my desk, replied to a few journals on this site, and wrote up content for a help website that my GA and I are creating. *sigh* My office is swamped right now. We are hosting our first national conference which begins Sunday morning. I have to be at the hotel by 7:45. Ugh. That day will last until around 9 pm and then I'll be back for day two on Monday at 6:45. Yay me. Monday will end around 6 pm. And the final day, blessedly, is a short one. It'll start at 6:45 and end around 2 pm. Thank the lord. In addition to all of this, I need to attend a pre-conference dinner party at my former supervisor's house *gag* on Saturday night. I really don't want to go to that one, but I need to for a variety of reasons.

In addition to the conference, the VP of my area is retiring June 30th, so we're rushing like crazy to finish some outstanding projects before she leaves. She is able to get a lot of things moving for us that we don't have the power to push along. We're a little worried that things will move at a snail's pace when she leaves so we're trying to do a lot of things in advance. We also have our SACS compliance report due (I thankfully only have a small role in this) and our Program review. It's a busy time for us. So I think you can understand why I didn't do cross training yesterday.

Today's Run:
    Holly Socks did much better today. We did 2.1 miles in 21 minutes. Not bad at all. It was a straight mile and out. She stopped once when I told her to come around (180 turn). lol. She just plopped right down in the grass and looked at me. She also had to stop and use the restroom once. Other than that when she stopped to smell stuff I nudged her on. Parts of the run were slower than I would like, but we never stopped.

Lunch workout: Today is a strength day. DLs are coming up - my nemesis lift. I hope they don't make me as tight this time as last week.

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    I lied. There was no cross-training at lunch yesterday. I simply had too much work to do to leave the office........... Lunch workout: Today is a strength day. DLs are coming up - my nemesis lift. I hope they don't make me as tight this time as last week.
    Totally understandable Simpy. Unfortunately other responsibilities sometimes interfere with what we really want to do. It happens.

The DL's should be a bit easier this week. Remember to push through the floor with your feet. That should aliviate some of the tightness. (Hope i spelt that right)
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Lunch workout: Today is a strength day. DLs are coming up - my nemesis lift. I hope they don't make me as tight this time as last week.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Crank the deads out Simpy, you can do it!!

beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stretch real good between deadlift sets and afterwards... should help!

Don't forget the GlutaCene & NitroMine either, those really help
    BluePrint Believer!

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163012481

Last Set - Best Set MouseWeight's Avatar
    MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000)
    I miss having my dog to run with.

Strength Training:

Deads: 135x10, 155x10, 175x9, 185 x 5, 205 x 1, 215 x 1, x1

Front Squats: 45 x warmup, 65 x 10, 85 x 9, x10
    superset with
    Hanging Knee Raises: x 10 (to chin), x15, x10 (to chin)

Incline DB Chest Press: 30x15, 35x13, 13 (need to grab 40s)
    superset with
    BB Curls: 50x12, 12, 10 (oh wrist )

Incline DB Shrugs: 45 x 15 x 3
    superset with
    Cable French Press (rope): 80x15, x12

I felt really good today with lots of energy. I wish I could spend the time in th gym that I want instead of rushing like a chicken with my head cut off during my lunch hour. My wrist felt weird on the bb curls but good on everything else.

Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    Totally understandable Simpy. Unfortunately other responsibilities sometimes interfere with what we really want to do. It happens.

The DL's should be a bit easier this week. Remember to push through the floor with your feet. That should aliviate some of the tightness. (Hope i spelt that right)
    I don't know. I already feel tight. I didn't get sore at all last week, just very tight despite intense stretching and foam rolling. I don't understand why I always do this and it never seems to get better.

Originally Posted by castille View Post
    haha. I love his Gold Finger character.

Crank the deads out Simpy, you can do it!!
    I did it. I even threw in some singles, although I could have pulled more. Next week 225.

Originally Posted by beefcake66 View Post
    Stretch real good between deadlift sets and afterwards... should help!

Don't forget the GlutaCene & NitroMine either, those really help
    I've done both! I popped 10 Nitromine post workout in the car. I ran out of water and had to shuck the last two down sans liquid. Open up the throat and swallow. Who's a pro?

<---------- This girl

I miss having my dog to run with.
    I really like running with Holly. She's a very happy companion. And I hate running alone.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I love a parade....
    Psalm 121

MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000)
    Speecially when its filled with women who can open up their thro.....

Wait.

Originally Posted by fitnessman View Post
    I love a parade....

castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castille is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Speecially when its filled with women who can open up their thro.....

Wait.

Same thought crossed my mind
    Dirty minds think alike
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Originally Posted by castille View Post
    same thought crossed my mind :d
    dirty minds think alike
    haha yes!!

Today is supposed to be a rest day for me, but I've changed my schedule so that today is cross-training day and tomorrow will be a 3 mile run. I won't have a chance to do anything on Sunday. That's the start day for the conference we're hosting. I have to be at the hotel between 7:30 and 7:45 and the day won't end until at least 9 pm. Then I have to start all over and be at work the next morning by 6:45. Luckily for me, there was a cancellation for the conference, and one of the rooms is now available and FREE for me. WOohoo. I live about an hour away, which isn't terrible, but it will be nice to be so close and not have to drive back and forth.

I'm staying on Sunday night and Sexy and Jack are coming in on Monday after they drop Holly off at the vet's office for her spaying. Jack's always excited to stay in a hotel room. Even though it's only Lexington, in his mind it's a mini-vacation. I think Sexy's going to take him to the children's museum on Tuesday. We'll probably all hit up Cheap Side on Monday night. Woohoo. A night out with the family. Good stuff.

I'm trying to think about how I can workout on Monday. I have no idea what the hotel has. Monday's a strength day. I'll be close enough to my campus gym that I can do that after the conference, but it kind of depends on how quickly I need to get back to the hotel. I hate to make Jack and Sexy wait. So I'll be checking out the hotel facilities early in the day. If it's a decent gym, I'll hit it up before work Monday morning.

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like a lot of fun, aside from the work part!

Originally Posted by StlBarbie View Post
    Sounds like a lot of fun, aside from the work part!
    There will be free drinks, so I'll be okay.

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thumbs up for free drinks!!!
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Drink one or five for me Simpy

beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    Thumbs up for free drinks!!!
    I love free things... ESPECIALLY free drinks....

Drink one or five for me Simpy
    Me too... Milk the free drinks for all its worth haha
    BluePrint Believer!

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163012481

Today's workout: Cross Training

Pullups: x3, x10 assisted, x9 assisted
    superset with
    Pushups: x25, x20, x20

Pistol Squats to bench: 3 x 10

Front/Back broom handle jumps: 3 x 30 seconds
    superset with
    Slollum broom jumps: 3 x 30 seconds

20 minutes spin @ moderate pace w/moderate tension.

Today was fast and fun. I love the slollum jumps. They've always been a favorite of mine. Pistols were ugly as hell. I'll do the bench ones until I can touch and go for every single rep. Then I'll move to free standing ones and work on further depth.

Assisted pullups are with a foot on a bar. I pull unassisted until my head is near the pullup bar, then I give a little push for the hard part.

Supplements:
    2 scoops of Glutacene intra
    8 Nitromine post workout

No back soreness from deads yesterday, but a little tightness, though not as bad as last week.

Today was just a fun workout. I really enjoyed it and smiled through the entire thing, except the pistols, where I laughed my ass off at myself.

Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) Archfrank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm at work right now so I can't really google anything but... Pistol Squats?!? Sounds violent lol.

Also do you do chin-ups or regular width/grip pullups?

All in all good looking workout! Keep it up
    Follow my double-T transformation log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=679952441#post679952441

"Pain is temporary. Pride is forever."

Originally Posted by Archfrank View Post
    I'm at work right now so I can't really google anything but... Pistol Squats?!? Sounds violent lol.

Also do you do chin-ups or regular width/grip pullups?

All in all good looking workout! Keep it up
    Pistol squats are bodyweight one legged squats. I used to do them fairly well. But, I turned into a big fat tub-o-lard there for a while and all the hard stuff I used to do quite well went out the window. I'm trying to get back to that.

I rarely do chins, though I can bust out far more of those than I can of the regular width pullups. I also do a false grip on the pullups. It would probably be better if I did a traditional grip, but that messes with my wrist.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pistol squats are bodyweight one legged squats.
    I would need a hip brace after that.

I'll stick with my 1 box front squats like normal people do.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great training session!!!

There is no way I have the flexibility for pistol squats!!!
    AWESOME WORK!!!

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I would need a hip brace after that.

I'll stick with my 1 box front squats like normal people do.
    Yes, normal.

Originally Posted by StlBarbie View Post
    Great training session!!!

There is no way I have the flexibility for pistol squats!!!
    AWESOME WORK!!!
    It was truly an ugly thing. I laughed through the whole darned portion of my workout. One thing I have to say is that I signed up for the Warrior Dash because I wanted to have some fun, and my training right now is incredibly fun. I'm having a blast in and out of the gym, which hasn't really been happening much the past year and a half. I'm pretty happy about that.

Today's Run

2.57 mile run this morning with Holly. Right at 26 minutes so we're hitting a 10 minute mile at this point. The running was at a much faster clip, though. I let Holly dictate the speed for the most part today. Unfortunately, I'm fairly tight in my low back and after about 1.5 miles I had to stop and stretch, yes stretch. I stopped in a friend's yard and did a bunch of stretching right there. It was just a smidge embarrassing, but oh well. I felt much better after that and we picked up the running again. I had to stop one more time because the key fob on my shoe string was yanking at my double knot and pulling it untied. Craziness. All in all, I think Holly and I are adjusting rather well to running.

Sipping Glutacene now and preparing for a busy day with the family.

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hiya Leah!

I laugh at your comment about Normal....heh! because being a successful athelte there is no room for normalcy.
    ..and besides, just maybe the act of doing 'normal' squats will leave a person just that: Normal.
    Humm? perhaps?
    Good Job at the Pistols!!

I am curious how you got into this Warrior Dash? (sorry for not already knowing)
    I am loving you're loving this entire workout and event!

Go Get Em!

and...Have a Beautiful Fun Family Day!

In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

Oh Joan ... you really could not have put it any better; "In being a successful athlete there is no room for normalcy." I LOVE IT!!!