I currently work from home self-employed and pay the bills doing that. At the same time, i am studying for my nasm certification. Thing is, Im wondering if I can do this part time. I dont really need the money, I just want to learn a new trade and genuinely help people. I think Im really missing a feeling of meaning in my current job. Middle aged "just want to tone" people are perfectly welcome here.
1. Is it realistic to be a part time personal trainer newbie? My schedule is completely flexible but only have so many hours per day.
2. I am super motivated to get started working with people but probably wont be as hungry as someone who needs to put food on the table. Is this going to kill me or can i turn it into an advantage?
3. Random bonus question. I love my gym and know everyone there. But im thinking i should NOT work there. My current gym is my happy place with no stress. Better idea to start fresh somewhere else?
Whoops one more question. After hiring you, do most gyms throw you a black shirt and send you to the floor or is there some kind of phase-in period?
Thanks a lot for reading this longass post and for any input.
05-19-2011, 02:11 AM #1
Can I be a part time personal trainer?
05-19-2011, 06:08 AM #2
3. Since becoming a trainer in my resident gym, I would say my motivation has gone from 10/10 to 7/10. So I've had to go to other gyms just to get a good workout.I love lifting plates and bars.
YouTube - TheTylerPritchard
1st meet - 630kg @ 103 raw (June 8th, 2013)
2nd meet goals 675 @ 105 (Sept 2013)
05-19-2011, 11:53 AM #3
05-19-2011, 12:10 PM #4
Thanks for the responses so far everyone.
Any other PTs care to chime in?
05-19-2011, 12:24 PM #5
- Join Date: Apr 2007
- Location: New Jersey, United States
- Age: 24
- Stats: 5'8", 155 lbs
- Posts: 1,212
- BodyPoints: 5977
- Rep Power: 3216
It would be real good for money on the side. Hard thing with training is keeping a full schedule.
As far as working out where you work, for some reason I cannot do this. I have tried like 5 times and every time it sucks lol I know it is the same for a lot of guys on hereInterested in calisthenics training? Check out my Facebook page.
******* Facebook.com/BarAestheticsFitness *******
By FreakzillaMRV in forum For Personal TrainersReplies: 3Last Post: 06-10-2010, 06:44 AM
By marathonman2 in forum For Personal TrainersReplies: 1Last Post: 01-26-2010, 01:29 PM
By ThaiFighter_83 in forum For Personal TrainersReplies: 12Last Post: 06-12-2009, 05:58 PM
By Spencer444 in forum For Personal TrainersReplies: 1Last Post: 12-21-2008, 02:03 PM
By Lyncho in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 4Last Post: 04-13-2006, 06:26 PM